POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

Demonland

Deserves its own thread but a massive [censored] you to the disgracefully large contingent of you so-called Melbourne “supporters” who choose not to go to games to “protest” or some other [censored]. 

Not for a second having a go at those who can’t go for financial or personal reasons. Almost none of us can get to every game. 

But if you stayed home because you’re fed up with Goodwin or you think our season’s shot or you want to “send a message” to Roffey or Pert, or you think we’re boring or whatever, [censored] you.

Don’t sit at home and complain that we can’t attract talent in the trade period - who wants to play in a half empty MCG when North’s 10,000 fans are more vocal than ours? Don’t complain about our players looking devoid of confidence when they don’t get the sort of lift from the crowd that most other clubs get.

If you’re able to go, and you don’t, get stuffed. 

• Like 16
  • Love 6
  • Clap 8

7 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

We’re playing a host of under 22’s, have Oliver hugely out of form and Petracca out. I think we’ll finish bottom 6 but your post is over the top. Currently we aren’t that good but there’s talent on the field. 

I remember earlier in the season when we played Hawthorn, saying to my Hawks mate that I'd never seen a team try so hard and be so bad. It is not surprising they are playing the way they are playing. They are hungry. North is too. They believe in what they are doing.

Part of the problem is just that; we have the talent but we are playing poorly. But we aren't just playing poorly. We badly lack connection and synergy. There is no connection. We don't make many errors because we don't win many "moments". North won all of the "moments" tonight and should have won. Even with Lever and Petracca out, I expect us to struggle but we are playing with no identity and have since the Geelong win. There is no excitement or energy in what we do. It's just process and that's it.

I know it's cliche but they're not playing for each other atm. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

Not sure why we put the cue in the rack in the last quarter. Very lucky to hold on for the win.

rivers good. Slotted our set shots. Great tackle kynan. Got the 4 points. Not much else positive.

on form the lions will account for us without too much difficulty on Friday. But we live in hope.

go dees

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demon17 said:

We were thinking it would be an improvement to have hunter's nous back and rest Caleb.

Not for me. Hunter doesn't offer what Windsor offers. Having said that, Windsor looks tired and could need a step back to Casey. 

• Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

For those bagging Oliver, watch the reply. No, he is not at his best and it wasn't great by him, but he was held, scragged, pushed away from the contest by players facing away from the play, and huge Xerri was sometimes the 2nd player in on top of him. 

I accept that point about scragging but it his poor decision making when he has the ball and space. He burns his teammates with terrible disposal. It often set up a spring board for the opposition to attack. It is so sad to see a club champion fall to this level.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Moonshadow said:

3rd week in a row Fritter has been a whitches hat

Sad to say but he just doesn't go hard enough. His physicality picked up at the end of 2021 but since then he's looked like he's avoiding contact in many cases.

Wouldn't be tolerated at clubs like Collingwood and shouldn't be getting away with it here. He's not alone either.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

28,000 people. Outnumbered by the 18th team and a minnow of the competition. 

Our supporters drop their bundle very, very quickly.

And yes, we played some very ordinary football, but are you a supporter or not?

Maybe they’re sending a message.

25 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Windsor's two stupid 50m penalties were the momentum swingers. 

Worrying last quarter.

Viney, Gawn and ANB showed outstanding leadership in the last 5 mins.

Not sure what was in Kozzie's head tonight but he looked timid and disinterested

A LOT of youth tonight - Kolstrup, Brown, Turner, Howes, Windsor. Kolstrup showed a bit.

Windsor's second 50 was a totally wrong decision.  The North player feigned to handball. The edict was mandated two seasons ago that the player on the mark was entitled to move in that instance. Elementary stuff.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Deesprate said:

I accept that point about scragging but it his poor decision making when he has the ball and space. He burns his teammates with terrible disposal. It often set up a spring board for the opposition to attack. It is so sad to see a club champion fall to this level.

Yeah, his decision making was carp tonight, often followed by average disposal. But it was the first time this year I have seen him hit packs at pace, which for me is his best trait. I reckon it might be the first sign of an upturn  in his effectiveness. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Not for me. Hunter doesn't offer what Windsor offers. Having said that, Windsor looks tired and could need a step back to Casey. 

Hunters decision making is better.

Caleb will go past him in that area eventually. Right now he's struggling imo

• Like 1

Shouldn’t have been close, but happy to take the win and contemplate some positives… liked Rivers in the middle, JV a true champion,… Oliver making his taggers earn it, played angry which I’m warming.

Bring on the Bears.

Go Demons.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, P-man said:

Highlight for me was seeing Ooze grinning ear to ear in the crowd next to Brown Snr as I knew it would trigger some tiggers and the Richmond BF board didn’t disappoint:

Poor look our coach publicly supporting his old side. Should concentrate on winning a game first.”

“It's not a good look being the face of one footy club and outright barracking for another. Fair enough I know blokes have their allegiances and attend reunions but celebrating a 3 point win for your old side against bottom of the ladder just smacks of not having the right priorities given where he's at and the season Richmond is having.”

Why was ooze at the G tonight cheering on his old team? :$

He’s no Hardwick yet , should concentrate on being a better coach.”

“Sack immediately. Bloody disgrace.:thumbsdown:

I've never liked him and wasn't happy with his appointment tbh.”

I say sack Yze, we might need him at the Dees soon 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I love how our forwards, huddle together, then we kick the ball on their heads.. and only the defenders have ability to run and jump at the ball.

I also love how opponents can have 1m space and manage to mark the ball, yet we can have 2-3m and still get closed down. And when we do, they will the ground ball. Staggering 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BDA said:

Not sure why we put the cue in the rack in the last quarter. Very lucky to hold on for the win.

rivers good. Slotted our set shots. Great tackle kynan. Got the 4 points. Not much else positive.

on form the lions will account for us without too much difficulty on Friday. But we live in hope.

go dees

I don't think we did put the cue in the rack. Just some ill disciplined moments gave them momentum, and then very conservative footy in the last 5 minutes

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Deserves its own thread but a massive [censored] you to the disgracefully large contingent of you so-called Melbourne “supporters” who choose not to go to games to “protest” or some other [censored]. 

Not for a second having a go at those who can’t go for financial or personal reasons. Almost none of us can get to every game. 

But if you stayed home because you’re fed up with Goodwin or you think our season’s shot or you want to “send a message” to Roffey or Pert, or you think we’re boring or whatever, [censored] you.

Don’t sit at home and complain that we can’t attract talent in the trade period - who wants to play in a half empty MCG when North’s 10,000 fans are more vocal than ours? Don’t complain about our players looking devoid of confidence when they don’t get the sort of lift from the crowd that most other clubs get.

If you’re able to go, and you don’t, get stuffed. 

Names please?

I couldn't pay a membership this year, will do the next and the next after.

Even if we are bottom of the ladder.

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

22 frees to 20.

We got bigger fish to fry Loges. Some horrible decisions in that last quarter but our performance is way off right now.

Of course we have but umpiring potentially gave them 4 goals in the last which fed their confidence and come back..

What I would like to know is why we looked gassed in the last quarter when coming off a 12 day break to their 6 days,, why Fritsh who has as much ability as any forward in the league can't get a kick, and why Kozzie as good as he is won't put his body behind the ball. I'm sure I'll think of others overnight but now I'm venting at one of the most one sided quarter of umpiring I think I've ever seen.

• Love 1