Trac’s 2024 Season Over

7 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I barely no what that means but all I see is Moore jumping to get height and reach over the top of Tracc and potentially Gawn and executing a textbook spoil. Something Lever, May, McDonald do all the time.

You can go watch netball or basketball if you want non contact sports.

If you dont KNOW what that means then you're in no position to make commentary.

Nice deflection..    Too hard to debate the action ?..   but then... you don't know.

On that ...I think you're right

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

Just take note of the poster's user name.

Less King, more Ding-a-Ling? 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Sorry mate that's pure B.S  I think we can all agree he's  NOT attempting to mark. 

When spoiling you will be trying to get ONE fist ( 99% of the time ) as far through the congestion as possible.  You make your profile effectively as slim as can be.

Here we see Moore doing the opposite. Lifting that knee retards his progress negating the efficiency of the spoil.

No, what you are seeing is opportunistic crash banging to cause hurt.  All eloquently disguises, or not, as a FOOTBALL Act .

Where have we heard that before ??

Hacker Alert!!!

OK, who are you and what have you done with the real Beelzebub??!!

… Not… an… ellipsis… in sight… not one!…

• Haha 3

The media pile-on to the MFC goes ahead regardless of facts.  Some are expressing dismay that the Club has not made a strong statement.   I wonder if doing that would have the same effect as feeding trolls in a forum like this.  And yes, I think a lot of footy 'journos' are effectively trolls in search of click-bait, relevance and fortune.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

I just watched Simon Goodwins Press Conference and feel a lot more reassured regarding Tracc’s support by the players and coaches, Goody said that he is in constant contact with both Christian and Bella as are his team mates. He also mentioned that MFC Player Welfare are in contact with the Petracca Family to provide support. They need to do a couple of stories on our website to cut off the snipers

• Like 6
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

You think the correct technique to elevate in the air, hold balance and spoil is wrong and makes it harder to spoil?

And instead players should throw themselves in to the air like salmon and not only will they spoil better but they’ll prevent injuries to themselves and others?

Get that info down to the Demons urgently because we keep training with coaches with bags on their back and our players leap and put knees in to the bag. Including the games best contested mark and some of the best key defenders.

Actually email that to all clubs and the AFL because they’ll be very keen on this new and improved way to fly in marking contests. Given it will be supposedly be more effective and won’t result in guys busting knees on landing or crashing in to heads and necks as they fly with no balance or protection 

Well said and actually embarrassing you've gotta justify the whole argument. You can always tell the ones you've never pulled on a footy boot in their life.

Look at the vision and you'll see Moore only has eyes straight at the ball. Like anyone that needs to jump for a spoil or go for a contested mark, using your knee is just part of trying to gain elevation in the air. They practise this all the time at training with the bags.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I just watched Simon Goodwins Press Conference and feel a lot more reassured regarding Tracc’s support by the players and coaches, Goody said that he is in constant contact with both Christian and Bella as are his team mates. He also mentioned that MFC Player Welfare are in contact with the Petracca Family to provide support. They need to do a couple of stories on our website to cut off the snipers

Can’t let facts get in the way of a juicy story now, can we.

No one from the club visited Tracc. No one visited Tracc full stop. He was in the ICU for several days and not even his mum or Bella were permitted to see him. Even when he was removed from the ICU only Bella was allowed in.

Tracc’s mum was understandably shocked and very upset. Who wouldn’t be? She’s also human and humans need a target for their overwhelming emotion. In this case it (allegedly) was the club’s medical staff. I’m sure once she knew he was ok and she had calmed down sufficiently she’d see things objectively and realise her anger was misdirected. Again, she’s human.

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well said and actually embarrassing you've gotta justify the whole argument. You can always tell the ones you've never pulled on a footy boot in their life.

Look at the vision and you'll see Moore only has eyes straight at the ball. Like anyone that needs to jump for a spoil or go for a contested mark, using your knee is just part of trying to gain elevation in the air. They practise this all the time at training with the bags.

He didn't have to look at him to get the right/wrong place to contact, All he had to do was  get his run up right and that could have been from eight to ten paces away, and i have played footy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Hacker Alert!!!

OK, who are you and what have you done with the real Beelzebub??!!

… Not… an… ellipsis… in sight… not one!…

No medical concerns there, just a bout of random capitalisation replaced ellipsis. Happens on a cycle.

59 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Can’t let facts get in the way of a juicy story now, can we.

No one from the club visited Tracc. No one visited Tracc full stop. He was in the ICU for several days and not even his mum or Bella were permitted to see him. Even when he was removed from the ICU only Bella was allowed in.

Tracc’s mum was understandably shocked and very upset. Who wouldn’t be? She’s also human and humans need a target for their overwhelming emotion. In this case it (allegedly) was the club’s medical staff. I’m sure once she knew he was ok and she had calmed down sufficiently she’d see things objectively and realise her anger was misdirected. Again, she’s human.

That all makes sense given the spleen's key role in infection control, but a pretty horrible situation to be isolated like that.

Plus, Petracca has often talked up his classic Italian family style so I suspect their first instinct in a crisis is to gather around and be energetic.

Sympathy to all and glad the worst moment is over.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

No medical concerns there, just a bout of random capitalisation replaced ellipsis. Happens on a cycle.

Cool. I can’t wait ‘til my pet hate comes around (if it’s on rotation): that, being too many, commas with, the majority of them, unnecessary,

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Cool. I can’t wait ‘til my pet hate comes around (if it’s on rotation): that, being too many, commas with, the majority of them, unnecessary,

I find…

It helps if you… read them.. 

as some… kind of.. haiku…

full of sound and fury..

signifying…?

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

image.thumb.jpeg.523f34894dea99e78d945b05de3aa1c8.jpeg

I'll probably have to delete this later to make room for other image sharing, but, for now, behold the glory!

The above is a genuine sign encountered at a Sydney hotel.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Vomit 1

Your image (and others') are not appearing on my computer, @Little Goffy.

Is it just me or are other Demonlanders having similar issues?

I also haven't been able to post images of late.  The two problems are probably connected.

edit:  Problem solved by the original and best Wizard, Andy @Demonland.

Edited by Demonstone
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

44 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Tame your pet WCW. They sound, dangerous.. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Sorry Daz..   You aren't the only one to pull on boots.  It's not that hard to have eyes on ball and know where not only your knee is but opponents back. Knees are for elevation and NOT for forward projection.

You do know you can walk and chew gum eh ??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

It’s exhilarating pondering what topic will arise as our next angst du jour this season.

Care to proffer some offerings ??  Not thinking I'm quite as excited as your good self, but I'm curious.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Sorry Daz..   You aren't the only one to pull on boots.  It's not that hard to have eyes on ball and know where not only your knee is but opponents back. Knees are for elevation and NOT for forward projection.

You do know you can walk and chew gum eh ??

What are you on about? 

When you jump into a contest to mark or spoil the ball you're literally using your knees for both elevation and forward projection. 

I'll give you a prime example.

https://youtu.be/NF-_HszEC9s?si=dEucELaXMzhlAIHJ

Watch it in slow mo.. you think if Jurrah had connected to the head this would be deemed as deliberate, absolutely not. You're allowed to jump and use your knee as extra elevation and forward projection as Jurrah has done here.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Care to proffer some offerings ??  Not thinking I'm quite as excited as your good self, but I'm curious.

Nothing to proffer - I may have been being a teensy, weensy, little bit facetitious.

It’s all getting rather tedious, but at the same time comically ridiculous. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What are you on about? 

When you jump into a contest to mark or spoil the ball you're literally using your knees for both elevation and forward projection. 

I'll give you a prime example..

https://youtu.be/NF-_HszEC9s?si=zJjXkbKaGTK3HNgi

Watch it in slow mo.. you think if Jurrah had connected to the head this would be deemed as deliberate, absolutely not. You're allowed to jump and use your knee as extra elevation and forward projection as Jurrah has done here.

Ffs hes marking it ( jurrah ) 

Moore wasnt trying to mark.... 

Im surprised you cant distinguish

• Clap 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Nothing to proffer - I may have been being a teensy, weensy, little bit facetitious.

It’s all getting rather tedious, but at the same time comically ridiculous. 

Hooefully.... nothing ( to feel angst )

Be novel to truly have something to celebrate.....    May the exhilirations begin !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

Ffs hes marking it ( jurrah ) 

Moore wasnt trying to mark.... 

Im surprised you cant distinguish

He's a defender doing his job.. because that's what defenders do mate. Forwards mark it and defenders spoil and defend.

I'm not one bit surprised you can't distinguish from both because you've completely missed the entire point I'm trying to make.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He's a defender doing his job.. because that's what defenders do mate. Forwards mark it and defenders spoil and defend.

I'm not one bit surprised you can't distinguish from both because you've completely missed the entire point I'm trying to make.

Defenders tend to spoil unless a mark is easier or opportnistic.  Not rocket surgery here.

THE point is... Moore was defending.... attempting a spoil.  Not marking...   stay with me Daz ;) ....  ergo....  the prefered movement is to punch...  by launching forward.....  NOT elevating as though to mark. By elevating you actually create a negative force because you're pushing off the back in front of you.

So ...yes... i may have missrd your point.... what was it ??