😬😬

Out AI, Out [censored] avatars

In: A realistic appraisal of the current situation 

In putting a lazy 100 bucks on Norf

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, COOLX said:

Like Demongirl35 selections.Possibly include N.Brown as sub. No mid time for Pickett whatso ever, the club is going to destroy his value. If the reserves play a day or two prior to the seniors , two emergencies should play at least half a game. If the seniors play before the reserves , all emergencies get to play reserves. Jefferson need to play the same role as JVR , part forward part ruck.  On the topic of Chandler he is in the team to kick goals, I couldn't give a sh.t how many disposals he gets . Petty is another one that should be dropped . Goody needs to get some balls and make the hard decisions. Norf to win by 20 pts.

Goody Balls at selection?? Nar not this one!

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Give the kolt a run of games, FCS!

If I see Billings miskick again I'll spew up

I am already cleaning up the mess.

i would not play him or Hunter again and start trying out the kids, Kolt, AMW, Sestan, maybe Jefferson later in the season and Woey not as sub.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sestan was told a few weeks ago that he was close to selection and was given a couple of key items to work on in order to debut. 
I haven’t followed the Casey games closely but I think he is going ok, might be a smokey next week.

• Like 11
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

On 10/06/2024 at 14:09, layzie said:

Get some kids in there, worked well for Collingwood today.

Collingwood always have heart & play for jumper & their supporters 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, picket fence said:

In putting a lazy 100 bucks on Norf

What did you get ? 4and half?

Bit hard to care at the moment who comes in and who goes out when it's clear the coaches are doing such a poor job with our great players that it probably doesn't matter.  Coaches need to change something pretty drastic at training and at a culture level.

• Like 1

The team I hope to see for the game v North:

B:       McVee                      May                    McDonald

HB:    Rivers                        Petty                  Bowey

C:       Langdon                   Viney                 Windsor

HF:     ANB                          Fullarton            Chandler

F:        Pickett                     van Rooyen        Fritsch

R:        Gawn                       Oliver                  Sparrow

Int:     Tholstrup                 K. Brown            Salem          Laurie

Sub:    Sestan  

Ins:     Tholstrup, Brown & Fullarton

Outs:  Petracca, Turner & Billings

Tholstrup to take Trac's role as a mid/fwd.

Kynan Brown to play as a high pressure forward.

Petty to go back where he belongs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Out:  Bull (Petracca)
In: Calves (Kolt & Sestan)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

27 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

The team I hope to see for the game v North:

B:       McVee                      May                    McDonald

HB:    Rivers                        Petty                  Bowey

C:       Langdon                   Viney                 Windsor

HF:     ANB                          Fullarton            Chandler

F:        Pickett                     van Rooyen        Fritsch

R:        Gawn                       Oliver                  Sparrow

Int:     Tholstrup                 K. Brown            Salem          Laurie

Sub:    Sestan  

Ins:     Tholstrup, Brown & Fullarton

Outs:  Petracca, Turner & Billings

Kynan Brown to play as a high pressure forward.

Petty to go back where he belongs.

We absolutely need this, need to get these young guns firing and see some fresh hungry blood out there because it ain't there at the moment.

• Clap 1

51 minutes ago, Young Angus said:

We absolutely need this, need to get these young guns firing and see some fresh hungry blood out there because it ain't there at the moment.

Correct. With that team, 13 of the 23 will be 24 and under, which is a huge amount.

The time will come, be it soon or years from now, when the lost and lonely will sigh about how the MFC is a mediocre team, winning rarely, offering false hope occasionally, dashing that hope perennially. Pundits everywhere will nod sagely and agree that the Demons are pitiable and always have been.

But some among us will step forward, hand on heart, and say, ‘No! We won’t have it!’ because we few, we happy few, remember when our players strode the MCG like gods, fair of face and clean of limb, outshining all others and grasping the ultimate prize through skill, heart and grace.

We’ll remember Max the colossus, peerless in his craft. We’ll remember sunny Christian, relentless Clayton and dogged Jack, never giving in, never surrendering. We’ll never forget Steven, the Jakes, the other Christian, Kossie, Bayley of the unrivalled hair, Ed the running man and others, for we all had our favourites.

We were part of it. Through our commitment and love we were part of it and we will remember though times be dark, though times may grow dark for we know that when the times lighten, they lighten with fire.

Go Dees.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Clap 2

11 hours ago, JJJ said:

Sestan was told a few weeks ago that he was close to selection and was given a couple of key items to work on in order to debut. 
I haven’t followed the Casey games closely but I think he is going ok, might be a smokey next week.

Played his best game for Casey in terms of roughly three quarters or so of solid footy through the middle and HF on Sunday.

He was up there in the top mix with the best on the day for Casey.  White BOG for mine.

I'll eat my hat if he isn't debuting against North barring an injury issue.

Moniz was patchy but still passable and has shown consistent decent to high level form now for many weeks.  Great link up line breaking overlap player who may help get it into our 50 more quickly and often to provide forwards with better looks.

He does turn it over at times but no diff to Rivers imho and needs to be given the opportunity.  Hopefully can clean up his disposal game as he matures.

His pressure is decent at ground level and reading the play / ball in the air and closing speed is also at a pretty good level.

I'd have him in for Bowey in a heart beat.

Sesto comes in for Tracc

Kolt for Chandler

Fullo for Petty

Woey for Laurie

BBB replaces Billings as sub

I would also give Clarry & Sparrow a long spell at Casey if there was depth.  Unfortunatley there isn't.

In an ideal world we would be better served with White (on a year to year contract) and Roy George on this list than Billings and Laurie.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Played his best game for Casey in terms of roughly three quarters or so of solid footy through the middle and HF on Sunday.

He was up there in the top mix with the best on the day for Casey.  White BOG for mine.

I'll eat my hat if he isn't debuting against North barring an injury issue.

Moniz was patchy but still passable and has shown consistent decent to high level form now for many weeks.  Great link up line breaking overlap player who may help get it into our 50 more quickly and often to provide forwards with better looks.

He does turn it over at times but no diff to Rivers imho and needs to be given the opportunity.  Hopefully can clean up his disposal game as he matures.

His pressure is decent at ground level and reading the play / ball in the air and closing speed is also at a pretty good level.

I'd have him in for Bowey in a heart beat.

Sesto comes in for Tracc

Kolt for Chandler

Fullo for Petty

Woey for Laurie

BBB replaces Billings as sub

I would also give Clarry & Sparrow a long spell at Casey if there was depth.  Unfortunatley there isn't.

In an ideal world we would be better served with White (on a year to year contract) and Roy George on this list than Billings and Laurie.

chook fowler for goodwin

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Id find space for Thommo. Maybe give MAy a rest, he seems to be playing injured. I know theres a bye but he may need a little longer to get cherry. Bring MAy and Lever both back fully fit and raring to go.

• Thinking 1

24 minutes ago, dpositive said:

Id find space for Thommo. Maybe give MAy a rest, he seems to be playing injured. I know theres a bye but he may need a little longer to get cherry. Bring MAy and Lever both back fully fit and raring to go.

Definitely worth giving May a rest if he needs one 

• Thinking 1

id be seriously looking at putting May in the forward line. 
Petty is a defender - thats where he belongs. back you go sunshine.

May's career will be extended by moving forward and it will solve a big problem for us.

billings goes out and stays out for tholstrup

thommo comes in unless lever is fit, in which case he comes in

mcdonald, lever/thommo and petty our key backs. if you really wanted to look to the future youd put turner back there for mcdonald but tmac doesnt deserve to be dropped.

JVR, May and disco key forwards

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, biggestred said:

May's career will be extended by moving forward and it will solve a big problem for us.

mcdonald, lever/thommo and petty our key backs. if you really wanted to look to the future youd put turner back there for mcdonald but tmac doesnt deserve to be dropped.

I think it would be the opposite for May playing as a forward.

He would be required to run a lot more than playing as the full back.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, biggestred said:

If Petty doesn’t sign a new contract soon we might be as well to put him back in defence. Let him find some form and increase his trade value. 

• Like 3

It is absolutely time to inject some youth into this very tired looking Dees outfit. We have also given enough chances to players who offer the bare minimum. Nobody needs a break - the bye is for that.

OUT: Petracca (inj), Billings, Laurie, Howes

IN: Lever, Tholstrup, Woewodin, Sestan (debut)

Sparrow in particular needs to lift in the midfield with the absence of Trac. We need Oliver to go up a gear too. Give Salem some midfield minutes again in addition to Oliver, Viney, Pickett and Sparrow. Tholstrup in the midfield too once he comes on as sub.

Round 15 Team

B: McVee, May, McDonald

HB: Rivers, Lever, Salem

C: Langdon, Oliver, Windsor

HF: ANB, Turner, Fritsch

F: Chandler, JVR, Pickett

R: Gawn, Viney, Sparrow

I: Bowey, Petty, Woewodin, Sestan 

Sub: Tholstrup

Edited by FTB
Realised Lever is expected back after posting.
  • Like 1