FB: McVee May Lever/Hore
HB: Rivers T Mc Salem
C: Windsor Viney  Langdon
HF: AMW  Petty  Chandler
FF:  McAdam JVR Pickett
Foll: Gawn Oliver ANB
Int: Bowie Kolt Sparrow Turner
S: Fritsch

Some speed, pressure, competitiveness and aggression in the forward line please!

• Like 3

Petty not a forward, nor is Turner, those guys just can't cut it and haven't cut it they need to go back to their proper roles.  McAdam and BBB up forward but I'd get Jeffo in there, the sooner he gets up to speed the better, he is an actual forward...FANCY THAT!?

8 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

In: Kolt, AMW, Hore/Lever, McAdam

Out: Howes, Billings, Tracc (inj), Laurie

Some speed, pressure, competitiveness and aggression in the forward line please!

is hore fit? i thought he was still out injured for some weeks yet...

don't see how adding mcadam and amw - who has been learning to play as a defender because his defensive workrate was so poor as a forward - into the forward line adds speed, pressure, competitiveness, nor aggression

53 minutes ago, Scipio said:

I believe he's not had enough time in his natural position on the inside, so my point here is that this could be his chance to actually step up. I agree that he's underperformed enormously but what other young inside midfielders do we actually have?

Fair question but I think, amongst others, we need to send a message to Sparrow.  Go and get 30+ possessions 3 weeks running at Casey. He seems to be the player that is excused for poor form for seemingly a myriad of reasons. I'm not picking on him but he appears to 'walk on water'. Tholstrup, Rivers, Salem, McVee and Pickett can all run through there. Woewodin could be worth a crack. If Tom Sparrow changed his name to Adam Tomlinson he would have been gone long ago.

• Like 2

B:     Bowey   May   Howe 

HB:  Mcvee    Lever   Salem

C:   Windsor Rivers Langdon 

HF: Thulstrup Fullarton AnB

F:   Picket      Roo    Fritsch 

R: Gawn Oliver Viney 

I/C Sparrow McAdam Tmac Seston

Sub Laurie/woey 

Petty and Chandler miss out.    

Edited by Demongirl35

2 hours ago, Deelectable said:

I hope this is in jest. Sparrow has barely fired a shot in the last two and a half seasons.  Problem is Goodwin has publicly lauded him. Tom should be the first to go.

This…-l absolute plodder…but like many before him, undroppable because he is on Goodies favourites list..it was even mentioned at a BNF count a few years ago how much Goodwin loves him. 

the problem is Goodwin. He has exhausted the list and his stubborn ways have backfired. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scipio said:

Hopefully we see Sparrow get more time in the middle if Trac misses. It's make or break for him now so if the opportunity is there, he has to take it. I'd like to see Rivers and McVee roll through the middle too. Keen to see what McVee offers there, I think he has a lot of promise as a midfielder.

Lol Sparrow..

• Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

33 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

Chandler miss out.  

Kade currently on 55 tackles in 13 games this season, 4th highest at the club.

Last year he had 60 the entire season.

There are still others i'd be dropping before him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

is hore fit? i thought he was still out injured for some weeks yet...

don't see how adding mcadam and amw - who has been learning to play as a defender because his defensive workrate was so poor as a forward - into the forward line adds speed, pressure, competitiveness, nor aggression

Hore listed as 1 week, Lever 1-2. Either/both should be available after the bye.

McAdam might not have the tank to do it for long but his 2nd efforts and tackling have been strong inside 50. 

Is there evidence AMW was sent back for work rate reasons? It may have been part of it but we'd run out of defenders when he was sent back. He has been a consistent tackling player forward or back the last 2 years at Casey. He's got speed and he attacks the ball in the air or on the deck.

We aren't going to suddenly stumble upon a midfield or forward line that is in synch and can kick, so our best option is to get our fastest and best tackling players together and try to hunt some forward 50 turnovers. Kolt, AMW and McAdam are the 3 at Casey who consistently lay tackles. Get them with Kozzie and a couple of talls and keep it simple going inside 50.

5 hours ago, monoccular said:

IF that was even being contemplated (which I very much doubt) having Tracc out for an extended period (maybe even the season) this will not happen now.

Surely we have seen what Billings and Laurie have to offer which is not much.  McAdam I will give the benefit of the doubt due to injury recovery.

Id actually rate Laurie higher than Billings.....  i suspect Laurie doesnt yet feels he belongs out there...    but his disposals are generally considered.  Not writing him off just yet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roy11 said:

I guess sparrow will also be 100% safe from being dropped also then.

We need some more action happening 

Edited by Demongirl35
  • Thinking 2

Not sure which thread to write on as pretty much every one of them has ended up in some sort of pile-on about the coaches, management or players. 

The last month has been frustrating to watch because I still think that our very best beats everybody else's very best. As I understand it we attempted a change of game plan pre-season to try and create a more open and less congested forward line but for whatever reason it was found not to be working and based on yesterday's game we seem to have gone back to the more front half territory type game we've played in recent years. Or at least a hybrid version of it. Perhaps not coincidentally the fall off in our performances over this time has been dramatic and it's going to take a reversal equally as dramatic to turn our season around. 

For what it's worth I think our finals aspirations are now toast but I hope I'm wrong. Trac, one of only three consistent performers this year alongside Max and Nibbler will likely be out for weeks. 

Edited by Grapeviney
Removed tasteless joke
  • Like 2

Anyone saying riv out is delusional.

I guess ideally for me we have Sparrow moving to sub (been on thin ice last couple weeks) and Billings out, Petty, Laurie and Trac (inj) out. If Lever is fit, Howes out. Turner only stays because we have no other options.

Jeffo doesn't seem ready to come in yet, and not sure about Fullarton just yet.

Ideally Lever in (if not Howes stays), and Tholstrup, Woewodin, AMW and maybe Sestan in.

Riv to play more of a mid role with Trac out, and AMW at half back.

Sparrow sub.

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Id actually rate Laurie higher than Billings.....  i suspect Laurie doesnt yet feels he belongs out there...    but his disposals are generally considered.  Not writing him off just yet.

Nup, not up to it IMO!

2 hours ago, roy11 said:

Has not had a kick for weeks or had an impact! Au Contraire FIRST TO GO!

Like Demongirl35 selections.Possibly include N.Brown as sub. No mid time for Pickett whatso ever, the club is going to destroy his value. If the reserves play a day or two prior to the seniors , two emergencies should play at least half a game. If the seniors play before the reserves , all emergencies get to play reserves. Jefferson need to play the same role as JVR , part forward part ruck.  On the topic of Chandler he is in the team to kick goals, I couldn't give a sh.t how many disposals he gets . Petty is another one that should be dropped . Goody needs to get some balls and make the hard decisions. Norf to win by 20 pts.

54 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Nup, not up to it IMO!

Well you may well be right....but i'm guessing we'll get to have more games to judge upon ... ;)  cupboard is bare.

2 hours ago, BDA said:

North coming off their first win of the season. Our form putrid.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is now genuine danger game

Few believed me when I said the WCE was a genuine danger game.  Basically every game is and always has been a danger game.  

1 hour ago, croydick said:

Anyone saying riv out is delusional.

I guess ideally for me we have Sparrow moving to sub (been on thin ice last couple weeks) and Billings out, Petty, Laurie and Trac (inj) out. If Lever is fit, Howes out. Turner only stays because we have no other options.

Jeffo doesn't seem ready to come in yet, and not sure about Fullarton just yet.

Ideally Lever in (if not Howes stays), and Tholstrup, Woewodin, AMW and maybe Sestan in.

Riv to play more of a mid role with Trac out, and AMW at half back.

Sparrow sub.

"....and not sure about Fullarton just yet."    If not "just yet" then when?  We have been  in dire straits for weeks.