16 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

And the evidence for this claim would be?

To be fair, AMW would probably be captain of North Melbourne or St Kilda by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, layzie said:

What is this? Why is it with an exclamation point?

Poor unknowing people will think he was selected.

Click bait!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BAMF said:

Sometimes I think supporters just get bored and want something new and shiney.

The media do the same thing. It isn't fun talking about Melbourne making another finals series, but if we talk about how an up and coming team can make it let's do that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BAMF said:

Sometimes I think supporters just get bored and want something new and shiney.

The media do the same thing. It isn't fun talking about Melbourne making another finals series, but if we talk about how an up and coming team can make it let's do that.

• Like 2

Terry Jones Jesus GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 1

18 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Mate, it’s Jesus Christ. 

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

god, that reads terribly 😂

That's what happens when you hire a Holy Ghost writer.

• Haha 2
  • Clap 1

It would be good if those that have an opinion on this could state whether they have watched him play or just read his stats. His stats are generally padded by kick outs. Other than this he gets a lot of sideways ball, is not very damaging when he gets it, goes to ground more than I like and is not strong one on one when defending. He is not deserving of a debut in my view (though I did not think Howes was ready) and suspect will be a delist end of year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Andy went alright against Sandy.

33 total disposals at 97% disposal efficiency.

16 handballs

17 kicks

6 marks

Don’t recall him being the dedicated kicker in. Sandy had a high degree of accuracy in the first 3/4’s. Totalled 9 behinds by game end.

11 intercept possessions

7 contested possessions

5 scoring involvements

4 tackles 

Best game l can recall from AMW at Casey. Involved in the game throughout, dynamic in the last quarter during Casey’s late charge at victory. Set the personal performance mark quite high. Going back to go forward. Needs to keep knocking on the door. Hard.

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

Thanks for the info @Tarax Club. I missed the game but have watched his previous Casey games in defence. In those games, he appeared to lack any kind of defensive mindset. Found plenty of the footy but was routinely caught with the pill, turned the ball over or made poor decisions in trying to attack the game. I was very impressed with his attempts to fix or make up for his errors. Never dropped his head once. Perhaps he's starting to get a feel for the role. Like everyone, I really hope he succeeds at the Dees.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jesuschrist05 said:

Incorrect just a passionate fan that keeps my identity concealed and spoke my mind at the time mr know it all since you post so much no one cares about your comments find a new hobby and stay off the beers, cheers ;)😂

wut?

Not even talking about you.

🦃

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tarax Club said:

Andy went alright against Sandy.

33 total disposals at 97% disposal efficiency.

16 handballs

17 kicks

6 marks

Don’t recall him being the dedicated kicker in. Sandy had a high degree of accuracy in the first 3/4’s. Totalled 9 behinds by game end.

11 intercept possessions

7 contested possessions

5 scoring involvements

4 tackles 

Best game l can recall from AMW at Casey. Involved in the game throughout, dynamic in the last quarter during Casey’s late charge at victory. Set the personal performance mark quite high. Going back to go forward. Needs to keep knocking on the door. Hard.

Bump and agreed. @Tarax Club 

AMW deserves a game. Simply cannot believe that he’s not even an emergency or travelling to Alice Springs for his debut.  I would have rested Chandler who’s clearly not 100%. A role as a sub would be perfect for game 1. Note Freo and Pies have lots of small forwards to cover and AMW would be well suited. 

His kicks were not earned by kickins or soft out the back cheap kicks.  He won contested footy.  His tackling was solid.  He had a 2 turnovers I remember from under pressure. His disposal is probably as good as any of our senior players. Yes they also make mistakes.  

ANW deserves a go and not for a week but for 2-3.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

AMW might still have to wait a little longer going by Whitford’s assessment of last week’s game. The last paragraph stands out.

Andy had another exciting performance and we’re starting to see some real improvement in his game. His ability to take the game on and challenge the opposition's defence was exciting. He used the ball well and was really influential in the game for us. Andy’s next steps are in his defensive consistency and reliability.”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

AMW might still have to wait a little longer going by Whitford’s assessment of last week’s game. The last paragraph stands out.

Andy had another exciting performance and we’re starting to see some real improvement in his game. His ability to take the game on and challenge the opposition's defence was exciting. He used the ball well and was really influential in the game for us. Andy’s next steps are in his defensive consistency and reliability.”

Train him to excel at half forward along with Kossie and Shane. Than we can ha ve him and Kossie  in cameos or longer in future in the ball and up forward. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lil_red_fire_engine said:

It would be good if those that have an opinion on this could state whether they have watched him play or just read his stats. His stats are generally padded by kick outs. Other than this he gets a lot of sideways ball, is not very damaging when he gets it, goes to ground more than I like and is not strong one on one when defending. He is not deserving of a debut in my view (though I did not think Howes was ready) and suspect will be a delist end of year. 

What are his good points?

Why is he getting high possessions then?

Think of his good points not his not so good. 

Please respond.,

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, 58er said:

What are his good points?

Why is he getting high possessions then?

Think of his good points not his not so good. 

Please respond.,

I don’t think he at this time has consistent AFL attributes and I am not confident he will get there. If you want positives,  he is clean with his hands and has good agility and some speed for his size. I am not being negative just attempting to provide a rounded view to those that are of the belief he should debut. I would think the same based on his stats but watching him I have strong doubts.,  Two weeks ago I watched him and 14 of his 20 kicks were kick outs. Most of the others were as the relief chip sideways to him not in attacking positions or winning back the ball. Note I did not see his last game which sounds like a step forward. 

Edited by Lil_red_fire_engine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jesuschrist05 said:

Incorrect just a passionate fan that keeps my identity concealed and spoke my mind at the time mr know it all since you post so much no one cares about your comments find a new hobby and stay off the beers, cheers ;)😂

If I said that i would be on another ban

18 hours ago, Jesuschrist05 said:

Disappointing. A bit of G & T my friend. I'm Alan Partridge.....aha.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

For those who want AMW to play seniors....tell me who he replaces?

Lots of stats with meaningless kick outs or kicks sideways at Casey.  Just doesn't generate drive from the backline which is needed at senior level.

Is he going to replace Bowey, McVee, Howes, Salem, Rivers...No. 

Is he ahead of Tholstrup, Laurie, Woewodin, Billings, Hunter...No

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, george_on_the_outer said:

For those who want AMW to play seniors....tell me who he replaces?

Lots of stats with meaningless kick outs or kicks sideways at Casey.  Just doesn't generate drive from the backline which is needed at senior level.

Is he going to replace Bowey, McVee, Howes, Salem, Rivers...No. 

Is he ahead of Tholstrup, Laurie, Woewodin, Billings, Hunter...No

Just to state… you had to see his game v Sandringham.  No meaningless kick outs !!! Definitely showed all the qualities of an AFL player.  By the way he offers more than Laurie.  His speed and ball winning is better.  Also his upside is better than Hunter and Billings who are in the decline in my view.  

I think he’s more of a forward than a defender.  Actually not sure why Dee’s trying to turn him into a defender.   I’d play him across half forward.  His tackling alone and better than most small forwards , and more like Chandler.   Deserves a game ahead of them.  

Edited by spirit of norm smith
K
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Just to state… you had to see his game v Sandringham.  No meaningless kick outs !!! Definitely showed all the qualities of an AFL player.  By the way he offers more than Laurie.  His speed and ball winning is better.  Also his upside is better than Hunter and Billings who are in the decline in my view.

I think he’s more of a forward than a defender.  Actually not sure why Dee’s trying to turn him into a defender.   I’d play him across half forward.  His tackling alone and better than most small forwards , and more like Chandler.   Deserves a game ahead of them.  

i think he offers a lot more as a rebounding defender in 2024 than he ever did as a forward in 2022-23

he didn't apply enough defensive pressure last few seasons

his overlap run and ability to impact in the air and at ground level as a defender is really encouraging

if one of bowey, salem, or rivers was to be unavailable you would expect he'd be in line for a debut

• Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

OK...  to all the track watchers ..... those that watch the magoos.

Why aren't we seeing this bloke in the 1sts ?

Granted debuting on the long weekend hasn't always gone swimmingly but we not talking about the fanfare and glitz of trotting out a #1 pick here.

Some blokes seem to be given games, is it time we got a gander at AMW ?? 

I think so... just my 5c worth 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

On 30/05/2024 at 19:50, Jesuschrist05 said:

It’s very sad to see AMW still hasn’t got a chance to debut. Any other club would have played him by now .20 years of ago and 34 disposals last week.. great talent the young man. Plenty of opportunities for him to come 

I'd play him this week for sure!

• Like 2