TRAINING: Monday 29th April 2024

If anyone is venturing out here today, bring an umbrella. And be prepared to share it with someone who stupidly left hers at home. 🙄 

TIA! 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

Melksy doing footy wrong…

16D59232-EDBE-4BF2-BC1F-F27979C31E99.thumb.jpeg.7ad699d6bff63a2e350d8b5f205e1079.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 19

SpargiPants is peroxide blonde.

WCW… delivering the news that matters. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 12
  • Clap 2

Bowsa is training with the main group Doesn’t look hampered at all. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Love 4

About 38 to 40  players down at training. 

BBB walking laps. 

Spargo still in rehab, doing short run throughs. 

Salem has full kit on and doing individual work with a trainer. He is is starting to get into some sprints.

I cannot see Moniz-Wakefield out there.

Viney and Chandler have broken away from the drills that have some contact and are doing run throughs. 

Melky, Bowser, McAdam, Hunter, doing main training without any indication that they are aren't fully participating. 

Three stations, all in a competitive handball game.

Now four stations with a competitive kicking game. Some 3 on 3 , others 4 on 4.

Goody has joined one of the stations with a bib. Calls for move the ball quick ring out. Bibs play defensive. 

The whistle goes and they all head off for some goal kicking. A short look at it, as they gather centrally and set for a full oval drill. 

Viney has rejoined the main group, but Chandler has returned to the sheds,

The energy is great, many having a good time, calls are loud and plenty of support for their teamates.  

Two stations and doing stoppage simulations. 

McAdam playing out of the stoppage area, like a high half-forward would. Occasionally looking disinterested, though that may be his demeanour. I think he his a shy kinda fella.

Chaplin was doing most of the talking when they gathered.

They finished the session with some sprints along the boundary, and some runs down the middle, then off to individual stuff, goal kicking and low ball gets.

Choco working with Petty on his goal kicking.

Before the runs, McAdam was getting some work on his left hip. Completely the sprints, but not the runs down the middle. A trainer has continued to work on that hip now for the past 5 minutes. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 14

I tell you what… Melksy can’t come back soon enough. They’re doing defending drills. One-on-one running towards each other, one with ball in hand and being stopped by the other with minimal physical contact. Melks is fully participating but also giving tips to Pup and Sesto. The respect he commands is amazing. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

That’s great news WCW.

Is he wearing a cap or jumper to indicate “no contact” or is he good to go?

Cool, an easy question. No cap. Same red jumper as everyone else 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Chin with knee bandaged running around the boundary. As is Vines, but without the bandages. 😁

• Thanks 4

Chocco has a group of them practicing marking. He bellowed, “Don’t go backwards against the flight! Keep your effing feet on the ground!” I have nfi what that means but I figure someone on here might. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Chocco has a group of them practicing marking. He bellowed, “Don’t go backwards against the flight! Keep your effing feet on the ground!” I have nfi what that means but I figure someone on here might. 

Don't get suspended

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kev martin said:

About 38 to 40  players down at training. 

BBB walking laps. 

Spargo still in rehab, doing short run throughs. 

Salem has full kit on and doing individual work with a trainer.

I cannot see Moniz-Wakefield out there.

Viney and Chandler have broken away from the drills that have some contact and are doing run throughs. 

I’m glad you’re here, Kev. I was dreading any questions that are footy-related. Haircuts? I’m ya gal. But footiness? Not so much. 

• Haha 6
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I think I can help you out.  "Effing" is a euphemism for a naughty word that we can't say on here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 11
  • Clap 1

• Demonland changed the title to TRAINING: Monday 29th April 2024

Bowsa is doing everything the others are doing. His body language and demeanour are totes different from how they’ve been of late. You could see from a mile away how dejected he was. Today however, he’s smiling and seems so refreshed. The four days off have benefited everyone it seems. The energy and enthusiasm is off the charts.

Spargipants just jogged past me and smiled. Ima take a pic and send it to ‘Paranormal Caught On Camera.’ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Shocked 1

Bowsa is a cert for our Carlton match!!! He told me not to tell anyone, my mouth said OK but every other part of me said Do you even KNOW who you’re talking to???

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 12
  • Clap 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

SpargiPants is peroxide blonde.. 

Update: it’s his natural hair colour! I told him people pay a lot of money for hair that colour and he’s lucky he gets it for free. And… wait for it… he didn’t just smile, he grinned! And now I’m not sure what planet I’m on. 

PS: can confirm he has teeth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Hey @WalkingCivilWar, can u also ask Melky if he’s aiming for a ‘9 month post surgery’ return to play’? If it helps, obviously tell him you’re asking for a friend. 

Edited by Webber
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Webber said:

Hey @WalkingCivilWar, can u also ask Melky if he’s aiming for a ‘9 month post surgery’ return to play’? If it helps, obviously tell him you’re asking for a friend. 

Have heard a few mentions that McStay at the Pies may be back in that timeframe. Think Melk is aiming for King's Birthday?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Bowsa is was a cert for our Carlton match!!! He told me not to tell anyone, my mouth said OK but every other part of me said Do you even KNOW who you’re talking to???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

@WalkingCivilWar did you ask Fritta what Dusty said to him post game? Looks like he told him to f off which I can only assume is due to jealousy over his glorious hair 🤷‍♀️

No, but I’ll definitely find out. 😁Interestingly, our #31 isn’t backward in coming forward when it comes to smart-mouthery. He’s the first to admit it. An example of what he says to oppo? I wouldn’t know since he won’t even tell his parents. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Webber said:

20 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Have heard a few mentions that McStay at the Pies may be back in that timeframe. Think Melk is aiming for King's Birthday?

I’ve mentioned this before but in December he told me he’ll be back “for the back end of the season.” Then about six weeks ago I asked him if that had changed. He said it has and that he’ll likely be back earlier than anticipated. I said, “Maybe after the mid-season bye?” He said “Yes, maybe even just before the bye.” I haven’t asked him since then because I don’t wanna annoy him (I know right - that ship’s sailed 🤭) but Chocco told me today that they’re really happy about how much “ahead of time” he is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

No, but I’ll definitely find out. 😁Interestingly, our #31 isn’t backward in coming forward when it comes to smart-mouthery. He’s the first to admit it. An example of what he says to oppo? I wouldn’t know since he won’t even tell his parents. 😅

I just think it’s weird that Dusty would have beef with Fritta. I doubt those two have ever played on one another 😂

• Haha 3

Thanks Kev and all others including WCW

Did I read it right that both Bowey and Melksham were in full training?  Fabulous news if I am reading correctly.

Would it mean that Bowey could be back this week or next, and Melk only a few weeks later presumably via a few at Casey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1