TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise. 

Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers.

They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise.

36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages.

Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes.

Bowey in a lime green cap, and in the sims.

Oliver is ball handling, required some re-taping after the first drill.

McVee, McAdam, and AMW step away from the main squad, and are now with the trainers (light duries, goal kicking and easy laps). Melky joins the main squad.

They are now into full field drills. Precise kicking, hard calls, drive the ball through the centre, and run. They rotate through the whole area, goal to goal, and both wings.

Structured sims now. 9 against 18. 

Woey in the backline.

Sims finish, and McVee, McAdam, AMW, join the group again.

Salem, Spargo do easy, repetitive 200 metres runs.

McQualter has them in the middle, chatting away, Chaplin then does some demonstrations. May and Goody chip in. They appear to be getting into the nitty gritty.

They break, some continue talking, some off to kick goals (16 of them), others leave the field, the low ball getters as well (Laurie,  Vines, River, Howes, Sestan, Woey, Hore).

Goody one on one talk with Langdon. 

Choco with the goal kickers, mainly Fullaton. Then Tracc goes over for some tips but Choco stays with Tom.

Oliver on the boundary by himself, sprinting. Now hard running laps.

Choco now with Sparrow for some 45 metre goal kicking. 

Last out there is Petty and over walks Choco to help with his goal style kicking. Takes them from all the angles. Hits most of them.

Just noticed Viney, still working with a trainer, as well as Melky and Salem.

Oliver still lapping.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 22
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)

Oliver after laps, he did some sprints, and more laps. Ended up on his haunches,  gathering wind, a trainer comes over and they do a slap handshake. He finishes by picking up the equipment with the crew.

It is nearly all packed up, except Salem still running laps.

Had a chat to to one of the crew, reckons McVee is fine, just light duties, and they have a main session Sunday out at Casey.

Salem and Oliver walk off together. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 9
  • Love 1

Thanks Kev agree with Salems Lot felt like I was there great reporting on fairly miserable morning.!!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Oliver after laps, he did some sprints, and more laps. Ended up on his haunches,  gathering wind, a trainer comes over and they do a slap handshake. He finishes by picking up the equipment with the crew.

This is great. It's only a small thing, but it shows how far Clarry has come. Last year he was arguing with the fitness staff, now he is helping pick up the equipment after training. Doing all the team things.

Well done to him! 

• Like 23
  • Love 3
  • Clap 3

17 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This is great. It's only a small thing, but it shows how far Clarry has come. Last year he was arguing with the fitness staff, now he is helping pick up the equipment after training. Doing all the team things.

Well done to him! 

Brand new attitude. He's not the first or last to have to make some self evaluations. 

It's still a road back but he's putting in some decent yards. 

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Laurie was doing plenty of structured positioning in the stoppages during sims.

Your reporting has made my weekend, 

not for bill training but your remarks about Mr Oliver,  he has come a long way. 
cheers thanks

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, picket fence said:

The intel I have is that Clarry won't be risked next week!

Sensible decision - he can be relied upon to get himself 'match fit', working through injuries and related negativities to his form. On several occasions, I have seen him training (and he has done so at far greater effort, concentration and work rate than any other team member), so we should have confidence in his training philosophy and method(s). It is also time for Trac to slow down his external commitments and appearances; from his recent Adelaide adventures, he must have been 'almost' exhausted, as suspected during the Brizzy game, giving public addresses and forums, cooking demonstrations, travel to and from locations, preparations for the public domain whilst still meeting Club/Team commitments and preparations. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Sensible decision - he can be relied upon to get himself 'match fit', working through injuries and related negativities to his form. On several occasions, I have seen him training (and he has done so at far greater effort, concentration and work rate than any other team member), so we should have confidence in his training philosophy and method(s). It is also time for Trac to slow down his external commitments and appearances; from his recent Adelaide adventures, he must have been 'almost' exhausted, as suspected during the Brizzy game, giving public addresses and forums, cooking demonstrations, travel to and from locations, preparations for the public domain whilst still meeting Club/Team commitments and preparations. 

Players have got to have their lives too. I doubt a cooking demo does anything but make him happy. 

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Just realised I am a year behind @Demonland 

Put 2023, instead of 2024 in the title.

Mods can change this yes?   Minor matter

Fabulous report as always thanks Kev

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Demonland changed the title to TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

2 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Salem being able to run just over a week after doing a hamstring is a good sign.

It's pretty normal from my experience.

The difficult part is getting back to full pace.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Just realised I am a year behind @Demonland 

Put 2023, instead of 2024 in the title.

It's ok you were turning the clock back for daylight savings ending and did years instead of hours. Happens to the best of us Kev 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bendigo_Demon said:

I spoke to Clarry last night. Said he is a stone cold certainty to play. 

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

gus sorola omg GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 3
  • Haha 17
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

You highlight one of the many issues with the fixture, and the opportunity teams now have given there are a couple of extra Byes - i.e. games against Kangas , Eagles , maybe tiges.  In that players can be rested without too much risk to the game result.

Chris Scott did this last week resting Tom Hawkins against the Kangas, plus jake Koladaschini.  Matt tabener 'managed' by Freo against the eagles this week.

We should do this with Clarry against the Tiges for sure with cats coming up the week after.  We play Kangas once and Eagles twice. Will be interesting to see our approach to players needing to be nursed.

• Like 1