Harrison Petty

Demonland

17 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

If ever you visit Harrison's home town of Wudinna,  I can highly recommend Wudinna Farm View as a place to stay. Beautifully presented and great value. 

The town has terrible inflation, if the pub is any indicator, however.  I had 3 glasses of wine one night, the cost of which rose by $1 each visit to the Bar. A fellow patron brought a 40 pack of smokes - $100. This was over 2years ago.

The simplicity of toxicity creating price inelasticity.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

It was clear from the moment we drafted him. Anybody with a double letter in their surname or nickname is at great risk of leaving early. What other evidence did we need?

(It was probably not quite so obvious when we drafted Jordon. Did we know his nickname was JJ?) 

Rivers, Nev Jetta, Stephen/Matthew Febey, Woewodin (was moved on), Petracca, Neale-Bullen and I could go on but basically we can throw anything in to provide an alternative view

• Like 1

I think we need to be careful with what’s in the media on this as as we saw with Kozzie, Oliver, Petty and numerous others Cornes, the old Rendell gang (RIP), Barrett etc have much more positive relations with Port and Adelaide than they do with our club. Especially after a number of those people went our club and particularly our coach, so hard in the off-season, to the point apologies were required. 
The Kozzie trade talk was all engineered by Port, attempting to give them an advantage, also the Oliver to Adelaide story and most of what we are hearing with regards to Petty is coming from Adelaide as well. Our club isn’t perfect but it would appear we don’t leak unintentionally (Oliver was clearly intentional and made Adelaide and their media look very silly!). 
The Petty situation is unique. Conventional wisdom would say if he’s thinking of going after the contract is over, conventionally we would trade him at the end of this year so we get something for him. However, he may be worth more to us for two years where he puts us in premiership contention and allows our young KPFs to develop than the extra picks we may get at this years end. And ultimately he’s contracted and it’s our call. All the other noise is Adelaide types trying to get him earlier, buyer beware.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

If ever you visit Harrison's home town of Wudinna,  I can highly recommend Wudinna Farm View as a place to stay. Beautifully presented and great value. 

The town has terrible inflation, if the pub is any indicator, however.  I had 3 glasses of wine one night, the cost of which rose by $1 each visit to the Bar. A fellow patron brought a 40 pack of smokes - $100. This was over 2years ago.

Now there's a hint if ever i read one..

4 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

when the pear offer him $m for 7 years let's see what happens

You could imagine the Crows trying to poach him as a [censored] for tat for Shane McAdam. 

5 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Now there's a hint if ever i read one..

I'm not sure what that means.

We did the Nullarbor crossing (which I loved) in '22 and the accommodation was varied to say the least. The Farm View was easily the best value for money on the trip. I don't know the proprietors from a bar of soap. I deliberately chose Wudinna knowing Harrison is from there and was curious. 

I was initially going to say I couldn't understand the pull back home,  but ours was a one night stopover with no time for exploring, so that would have been unfair. Especially with family, friends and memories there. 

All that said, it's a long way from Adelaide and like many, I suspect $$$ is the main attraction.  And tbh, if the figures quoted are correct,  I won't begrudge him. 

4 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

You could imagine the Crows trying to poach him as a [censored] for tat for Shane McAdam. 

Censorship algorithm needs to be refined for context.  [censored] for tat, the pretty little bird the blue [censored],  OK, unlike those seen in a topless bar.

Same goes for the common nickname for anyone called Richard, and the commonly used word for a cat.

• Like 1

Adelaide's Father and son Tyler Welsh prospect will most likely be a first round pick. His highlights package was impressive to watch. Callum Twomey indicated he will leave Woodville-West Torrens his SANFL club to play with the Crows SANFL Team. My question does Adelaide have enough draft capital to get Welsh and have another crack at Petty. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Storm Boy said:

Adelaide's Father and son Tyler Welsh prospect will most likely be a first round pick. His highlights package was impressive to watch. Callum Twomey indicated he will leave Woodville-West Torrens his SANFL club to play with the Crows SANFL Team. My question does Adelaide have enough draft capital to get Welsh and have another crack at Petty. 

They'll aim to offload their 1st round pick, maybe as part of a Petty deal, rather than waste it in points for Welsh 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

They'll aim to offload their 1st round pick, maybe as part of a Petty deal, rather than waste it in points for Welsh 

The AFL has indicated it intends to change the process for using points for father-son and Academy picks. If I understand the speculation correctly (and it is still just speculation) the AFL is looking at making clubs use earlier round picks instead of multiple later round picks. The thinking is that the current process where a club can bundle up (say) picks 42, 45, 46 and 50 to accumulate the same points as a first round draft pick, makes a mockery of the system. Whether any changes come into effect in 2024 also remain to be seen. Nevertheless, if there's to be a change of this type AND if it comes into effect in 2024, it might make deals like this one more difficult to achieve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

The AFL has indicated it intends to change the process for using points for father-son and Academy picks. If I understand the speculation correctly (and it is still just speculation) the AFL is looking at making clubs use earlier round picks instead of multiple later round picks. The thinking is that the current process where a club can bundle up (say) picks 42, 45, 46 and 50 to accumulate the same points as a first round draft pick, makes a mockery of the system. Whether any changes come into effect in 2024 also remain to be seen. Nevertheless, if there's to be a change of this type AND if it comes into effect in 2024, it might make deals like this one more difficult to achieve.

it's going to come into effect in 2025, right when we need to jettison our first round pick for kalani white

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

• 1 month later...

Half time reporters tonight stating the Crows confident he'll be in their colours next year.

While not giving up hope on retaining him, I might just have to add them to the 2.0 deathride.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Half time reporters tonight stating the Crows confident he'll be in their colours next year.

While not giving up hope on retaining him, I might just have to add them to the 2.0 deathride.

He is contracted next year isn’t he ?  

Then they will need to come up with some very very good draft picks - not sure how that happens 

• Like 1

We'll see. He needs to get fit and back on the field first.

great season in 21 but has been patchy since mainly due to injury interruptions. no doubt he's a quality player but his injury profile is the big concern.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BDA said:

We'll see. He needs to get fit and back on the field first.

great season in 21 but has been patchy since mainly due to injury interruptions. no doubt he's a quality player but his injury profile is the big concern.

Due for a return against the Hawks.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

if he goes, he goes - we'll get something for him and the crom will make him a very highly paid young man

he's not out of contract and he's not a free agent

He would be a big loss and put a massive hole in our list

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BAMF said:

We must extract the maximum trade here.

That moment has passed.

Maximum trade value was last yr when he was still in contract. Mid-ish first rounder is what the offer will be otherwise they’ll threaten to take him to pre-season draft where everyone will baulk at his heavily front-ended deal and desire to be back home.

Goodwin gambled on him being a critical piece in a premiership tilt this year. I don’t blame Goodwin, but it isn’t looking great for us at the moment.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

That moment has passed.

Maximum trade value was last yr when he was still in contract. Mid-ish first rounder is what the offer will be otherwise they’ll threaten to take him to pre-season draft where everyone will baulk at his heavily front-ended deal and desire to be back home.

Goodwin gambled on him being a critical piece in a premiership tilt this year. I don’t blame Goodwin, but it isn’t looking great for us at the moment.

He’s contracted in 25. They have to pay up for a mid range tall. Cut him, time to reboot with some top class youth. The last thing we need to do is start topping up with ageing NQR’s like Billing’s. Gets you nowhere.

Edited by Roost it far
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Worth noting that;

- half time reporter was Theodore Doropolous 

- Theo has just scored the job of his lifetime with ch7 in Melbourne

- Theo is from Adelaide

- if I were Theo I’d be leveraging my network back home to score early points in my new plush gig 

- Theo has 6 O’s n his name. Can’t be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8
  • Clap 1