Jump to content

Any word on Angus?


pitmaster

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, deanox said:

It was the anniversary of Danny Frawleys death yesterday.

I'm sure these issues are resonating around the Brayshaw household (his wife Danielle is Danny Frawleys's daughter).

I hope they are holding together.

It would have been Danny's 60th birthday on Friday to. So it's been a horrible for days for both families.

I'm also assuming Gus wouldn't be able to drive and I'm sure he's been told not to come to training.

On another note it's interesting watching parts of this spotlight story on 7 with John Platten & his concussion 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Spotlight episode about CTE ends with an exclusive announcement about the NRL setting up a fund for all players to access yearly mental and physical checks, including brain scans.  They deliberately ask the NRL rep whether the AFL and other codes should be doing something similar (and imply that the NRL are the first to do so).

Maybe this spotlight on the AFL's lack of action will translate to a strong outcome against Maynard so that the AFL is seen to be doing something...

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rossmillan said:

That is a very confronting photo.  My initial reaction at the time of the incident was to turn to my wife and say his poor mum.

And his poor fiancé who this week commemorated the death of her father at the hands of CTE

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is more or a confronting photo. I don't want this to come off as offensive but Brayshaw literally looks like a dead body here. Oliver and Hunter showing genuine care whereas Steven May literally wants to murder someone and I think we know who that is.

I will give a special shout out to Bobby Hill from the pies who whilst Brayshaw was on the ground and the teams had half split into groups, came over and gave Brayshaw a tap on the shoulder whilst he was getting treated by the medical staff.

Only pies player i saw do this.

Makes you also wonder how Neville Jetta is feeling. Assistant coach at the pies who has to work alongside a grub that's potentially sent a guy into premature retirement..

Screenshot_20230910_124358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4da3c1d01a5c2edb6b20e47747f90d5.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


In Maynard's defense I felt he hung near Angus trying to check on him. And I don't believe he intended to do this kind of harm.

But it's a bit like the bloke who throws a shove or a punch at a pub and then gets a shock when his victim drops. Of course he didn't mean to knock them into next week but when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

 

Maynard deliberately tried to put physical pressure on the kicker. And did it in a careless, uncontrolled manner that resulted in concussion.

  • Like 23
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, deanox said:

In Maynard's defense I felt he hung near Angus trying to check on him. And I don't believe he intended to do this kind of harm.

But it's a bit like the bloke who throws a shove or a punch at a pub and then gets a shock when his victim drops. Of course he didn't mean to knock them into next week but when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

 

Maynard deliberately tried to put physical pressure on the kicker. And did it in a careless, uncontrolled manner that resulted in concussion.

Classic case of white line fever. He looked distraught after it happened, but it was so avoidable. Your comparison is apt. Maynard can mount whatever defence he wants. He "made him earn it" from what should have been an innocuous flying smother. Whether he plays next week or not is irrelevant to anyone bar the opponent he mans up on, but he'll know what he's done and he will have to live with it.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Made him earn it" is actually code for created a realistic and significant physical threat that most of the time is just hard physical impact but also has the potential to cause serious injury.

"Made him earn it" completely disregards duty of care.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I

Screenshot_20230910_124358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4da3c1d01a5c2edb6b20e47747f90d5.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm amazed but also in awe that Gus's teammates are trying to put him in the recovery position which is classic management for an unconscious patient. The only thing they have potentially neglected is management of his head. I said potentially as I only have this still photo to go off.

Edited by dworship
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

image.thumb.png.8db37acc7115c1c41b32bb4474c68f3e.png

 

When you see this image and you read the pure trash in the media it makes you want to give up on this game. 
 

For the first time in my life, I am feeling the same. This when we are potentially just 2 games from a GF. I can no longer guarantee I will not get physical if experiences like the following are repeated.

I was sitting in the MCC members area, when shortly after the assault on Brayshaw, a Collingwood supporter behind me yelled 'just get him off the ground and get on with the game'. His obnoxiousness remained all game.

I'll spare you the antics of the drunken woman in front of us 'minding' her sisters toddlers.

It's getting hard to justify to myself the 5 hour round trip to see them at the G to experience that cr*p on a regular basis. I'm close to becoming just a TV viewer with the commentary off.  Even that may not last. 

It's so depressing to think about it because I love the club and have been a MFC full member for 45 years.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further to the above,  I also sent an email to Gerard Whately (see below). What I say is true. The only post game reports I've read or seen are on Demonland, and in reality that is probably less than 5% of the total posts.

 

Hello Gerard,
 
I was at the MCG Thursday night. I saw the Maynard bump on Angus Brayshaw live and replayed on the big screen. I have deliberately not watched any football shows or even the replay with commentary since.
 
Why?
 
Because I know how the majority of the media react when it comes to big names and/or clubs.  I can just hear the 'football action' or 'what other option did he have' rhetoric now. It would simply get me angry and frustrated. 
 
To those who I suspect said such things, and it's not hard to guess which ones, I say this.
 
Let's pose a hypothetical.  You are playing football with your 10yo. You find yourself mid air, your son has just kicked the ball over your head. Do you lower your arms and meet him with your hands on his chest? Or do you tuck your arms in, turn side on and hit him in the head with your shoulder. 
 
The quality of your next Fathers Day present, and the health of your marriage depends on your answer.
 
We know Collingwood will appeal and appeal again so it will remain the top story all week. 
 
I will tonight watch On The Couch and AFL 360 in the hope that the experts I respect most see the act for what it was.
 
Edited by Palace Dees
remove unnecessary material
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Clap 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

Further to the above,  I also sent an email to Gerard Whately (see below). What I say is true. The only post game reports I've read or seen are on Demonland, and in reality that is probably less than 5% of the total posts.

 

Hello Gerard,
 
I was at the MCG Thursday night. I saw the Maynard bump on Angus Brayshaw live and replayed on the big screen. I have deliberately not watched any football shows or even the replay with commentary since.
 
Why?
 
Because I know how the majority of the media react when it comes to big names and/or clubs.  I can just hear the 'football action' or 'what other option did he have' rhetoric now. It would simply get me angry and frustrated. 
 
To those who I suspect said such things, and it's not hard to guess which ones, I say this.
 
Let's pose a hypothetical.  You are playing football with your 10yo. You find yourself mid air, your son has just kicked the ball over your head. Do you lower your arms and meet him with your hands on his chest? Or do you tuck your arms in, turn side on and hit him in the head with your shoulder. 
 
The quality of your next Fathers Day present, and the health of your marriage depends on your answer.
 
We know Collingwood will appeal and appeal again so it will remain the top story all week. 
 
I will tonight watch On The Couch and AFL 360 in the hope that the experts I respect most see the act for what it was.
 

Sadly i think you are wasting your breath with any of the nuffies at SEN PD

Most of whom have seemingly jumped on the "nothing to see here" / "will be let off" / "if he didnt have prior history of concussion things might have been different" bandwagon.

Yes a stupid SEN host actually said that about Gus's concussion hostory.  Effectively his own prior concussions are an inconvenient burden on Mayfart's defence!

After listening for 10 minutes or so on Friday morning i killed the stream and have vowed to never listen to them again.

The same can be said of most of the other print and TV media.

In many cases most are probably too scared to push the "has to get weeks" case in fear of retribution from the AFL.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

Further to the above,  I also sent an email to Gerard Whately (see below). What I say is true. The only post game reports I've read or seen are on Demonland, and in reality that is probably less than 5% of the total posts.

 

Hello Gerard,
 
I was at the MCG Thursday night. I saw the Maynard bump on Angus Brayshaw live and replayed on the big screen. I have deliberately not watched any football shows or even the replay with commentary since.
 
Why?
 
Because I know how the majority of the media react when it comes to big names and/or clubs.  I can just hear the 'football action' or 'what other option did he have' rhetoric now. It would simply get me angry and frustrated. 
 
To those who I suspect said such things, and it's not hard to guess which ones, I say this.
 
Let's pose a hypothetical.  You are playing football with your 10yo. You find yourself mid air, your son has just kicked the ball over your head. Do you lower your arms and meet him with your hands on his chest? Or do you tuck your arms in, turn side on and hit him in the head with your shoulder. 
 
The quality of your next Fathers Day present, and the health of your marriage depends on your answer.
 
We know Collingwood will appeal and appeal again so it will remain the top story all week. 
 
I will tonight watch On The Couch and AFL 360 in the hope that the experts I respect most see the act for what it was.
 

Such a great way of putting it.

Stupidly, I read your post at 3am after my 3yo had just woken me up. Spent the next 90 minutes thinking about the Brayshaw and Frawley families and what they are going through.

I’ve also had a similar train of thought but related to the smother attempt. If the smother actually worked and the ball was live in the area, I guarantee he lands with his hands ready to push off Brayshaw and win the ball back.

The whole thing stinks, if Maynard cared for Brayshaw in the manner he said, it would have been the first thing he mentioned when they interviewed him. Instead he was already pleading his case. I liken it to someone being upset for being caught, rather than for the act itself.

 

Edited by BW511
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

For the first time in my life, I am feeling the same. This when we are potentially just 2 games from a GF. I can no longer guarantee I will not get physical if experiences like the following are repeated.

I was sitting in the MCC members area, when shortly after the assault on Brayshaw, a Collingwood supporter behind me yelled 'just get him off the ground and get on with the game'. His obnoxiousness remained all game.

I'll spare you the antics of the drunken woman in front of us 'minding' her sisters toddlers.

It's getting hard to justify to myself the 5 hour round trip to see them at the G to experience that cr*p on a regular basis. I'm close to becoming just a TV viewer with the commentary off.  Even that may not last. 

It's so depressing to think about it because I love the club and have been a MFC full member for 45 years.

Support the club, don't consume any other AFL media. If you had an AFL membership just burn it and get an MFC membership.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still f**n angry about it.

I've supported the sin bin idea for years knowing a plodder Backman would take out a star midfielder in a big game because the lack of disincentive. And it happened.

And yet no one has brought it up in the media I bet because this barstard disguised his intention as a smother.  Gaining an advantage in what is essentially a monumental "winner is the flag favourite" game was the incentive, and I bet he knows the club can win it without him, whether he gets 0 or 3. It will be worth it either way for a thug like him.

Like others have said, I'm absolutely done with footy besides our dees games. And if I was eloquent and brave enough I'd shout it all over social media and talk back to show people what the result of this type of thuggery is. But I can't be bothered, knowing what kind of responses would come my way.

It's kind of symbolic ain't it. The player wearing a helmet with a history of concussion taken out by a self confessed enforcer, and the ex players rushing in to defend him. Really turns you off the sport. Who'd want to be around such crassness?

 

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 8
  • Clap 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


There has always been an element of legitimising violence, in football.  "Contact sport" and "let him earn it!", they would crow.

I remember at school, you had mates who would flatten you in the contest, and laugh down at you as you picked yourself up off the ground, "left yourself wide open for that, didn't you?"  Everyone laughs.  Maynard lined him up, and mate or not, that is part of the culture of football.  Always has been.

Societal values are changing.  Not long before he died my father conceded, "I s'pose I might've given you a few clips round the ears..."  When I was a boy he belted the schitt out of me daily, with his belt, the bread-knife, a lump of wood, whatever.  Went for the head with his fists.  Thought it was all good, along with cold showers and Man magazine.  Treated my mother with disdain, while throwing her the odd endearment.  Died thinking all of that was par for the course.

Times are changing, and domestic violence, child abuse, teachers using the cane, racism against our indigenous people and so much more, all of it is being challenged.  The rearguard  don't want to lose the licence to continue their bullying and disregard of anyone's comfort and freedom other than their own.   And ordinary people elect Tony Abbott's and Donald Trump's.  People at the football bay for blood, and cheer the Maynard's.  And after the game, make children cry.  

The AFL has made some half-hearted and compromised efforts to reduce thuggery - but probably only out of fear of the litigation that is beginning.  With Angus unconscious on the ground the commentators all discussed Maynard's well-being, and Collingwood supporters behaved as described in this thread.  Is there really any understanding of how ugly and unacceptable ritualised tribal violence is?  Do we football supporters really want things to change?  Or are we packing the Colosseum with the same underlying mindset as the Romans did? 

I wonder if I am kidding myself, following AFL.  Maynard did what people have always done.  He is unlucky as much as Angus is - caught out when the game (as it is played and always has been) delivered an outcome that must seem to him to have ambushed him.  Maybe the game itself, and its total culture, and the primal nastiness in all of us that has failed forever to define where the line is - maybe that's the real fault.  I'm not sure I am equal to the spectacle of what we have been made to look at, here.  I don't like violence.  How can I follow "contact sport"?

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4
  • Clap 4
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, robbiefrom13 said:

There has always been an element of legitimising violence, in football.  "Contact sport" and "let him earn it!", they would crow.

I remember at school, you had mates who would flatten you in the contest, and laugh down at you as you picked yourself up off the ground, "left yourself wide open for that, didn't you?"  Everyone laughs.  Maynard lined him up, and mate or not, that is part of the culture of football.  Always has been.

Societal values are changing.  Not long before he died my father conceded, "I s'pose I might've given you a few clips round the ears..."  When I was a boy he belted the schitt out of me daily, with his belt, the bread-knife, a lump of wood, whatever.  Went for the head with his fists.  Thought it was all good, along with cold showers and Man magazine.  Treated my mother with disdain, while throwing her the odd endearment.  Died thinking all of that was par for the course.

Times are changing, and domestic violence, child abuse, teachers using the cane, racism against our indigenous people and so much more, all of it is being challenged.  The rearguard  don't want to lose the licence to continue their bullying and disregard of anyone's comfort and freedom other than their own.   And ordinary people elect Tony Abbott's and Donald Trump's.  People at the football bay for blood, and cheer the Maynard's.  And after the game, make children cry.  

The AFL has made some half-hearted and compromised efforts to reduce thuggery - but probably only out of fear of the litigation that is beginning.  With Angus unconscious on the ground the commentators all discussed Maynard's well-being, and Collingwood supporters behaved as described in this thread.  Is there really any understanding of how ugly and unacceptable ritualised tribal violence is?  Do we football supporters really want things to change?  Or are we packing the Colosseum with the same underlying mindset as the Romans did? 

I wonder if I am kidding myself, following AFL.  Maynard did what people have always done.  He is unlucky as much as Angus is - caught out when the game (as it is played and always has been) delivered an outcome that must seem to him to have ambushed him.  Maybe the game itself, and its total culture, and the primal nastiness in all of us that has failed forever to define where the line is - maybe that's the real fault.  I'm not sure I am equal to the spectacle of what we have been made to look at, here.  I don't like violence.  How can I follow "contact sport"?

Thanks for this 🙏🏼 I must admit I also am still coming back from everything that happened. Asking deeper questions. The “Ritualised violence” at the G was getting more real than ritualised. I feel like a line was crossed. The hit then the moronic collingwood chant, the collingwood fans in general at the game, the media stupidity…blind to what they’re saying yes to. Someday soon at a sports arena in this country there’s going to be a riot. And if that horrible event should ever happen i’ll be loud about pointing back to the reactions to this incident. 

  • Like 9
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, robbiefrom13 said:

There has always been an element of legitimising violence, in football.  "Contact sport" and "let him earn it!", they would crow.

I remember at school, you had mates who would flatten you in the contest, and laugh down at you as you picked yourself up off the ground, "left yourself wide open for that, didn't you?"  Everyone laughs.  Maynard lined him up, and mate or not, that is part of the culture of football.  Always has been.

Societal values are changing.  Not long before he died my father conceded, "I s'pose I might've given you a few clips round the ears..."  When I was a boy he belted the schitt out of me daily, with his belt, the bread-knife, a lump of wood, whatever.  Went for the head with his fists.  Thought it was all good, along with cold showers and Man magazine.  Treated my mother with disdain, while throwing her the odd endearment.  Died thinking all of that was par for the course.

Times are changing, and domestic violence, child abuse, teachers using the cane, racism against our indigenous people and so much more, all of it is being challenged.  The rearguard  don't want to lose the licence to continue their bullying and disregard of anyone's comfort and freedom other than their own.   And ordinary people elect Tony Abbott's and Donald Trump's.  People at the football bay for blood, and cheer the Maynard's.  And after the game, make children cry.  

The AFL has made some half-hearted and compromised efforts to reduce thuggery - but probably only out of fear of the litigation that is beginning.  With Angus unconscious on the ground the commentators all discussed Maynard's well-being, and Collingwood supporters behaved as described in this thread.  Is there really any understanding of how ugly and unacceptable ritualised tribal violence is?  Do we football supporters really want things to change?  Or are we packing the Colosseum with the same underlying mindset as the Romans did? 

I wonder if I am kidding myself, following AFL.  Maynard did what people have always done.  He is unlucky as much as Angus is - caught out when the game (as it is played and always has been) delivered an outcome that must seem to him to have ambushed him.  Maybe the game itself, and its total culture, and the primal nastiness in all of us that has failed forever to define where the line is - maybe that's the real fault.  I'm not sure I am equal to the spectacle of what we have been made to look at, here.  I don't like violence.  How can I follow "contact sport"?

Thank you for sharing your story and insight. It is helping me unravel my deep frustration with all this. Luckily for me and my siblings, our father, who played as a ruckman in the VFA, was the kindest and most gentle man you could meet. It was a house full of love, not fear. 

That I deliberately didn't listen to the media and commentary post match confirmed my contempt of them and elements of modern society. Like defence lawyers, I knew the perpetrator would be painted as the victim and canonised whilst the other lays prostrate. 

Apart from the moron sitting behind me on match day, the Collingwood supporter beside me yelled at the 100's standing in front of us, applauding Gus off the ground. "I can't see" he screamed. Neither can Brayshaw, I told him.

The day MMA was declared a 'sport' was when I knew the world had lost it. 💔 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

Further to the above,  I also sent an email to Gerard Whately (see below). What I say is true. The only post game reports I've read or seen are on Demonland, and in reality that is probably less than 5% of the total posts.

 

Hello Gerard,
 
I was at the MCG Thursday night. I saw the Maynard bump on Angus Brayshaw live and replayed on the big screen. I have deliberately not watched any football shows or even the replay with commentary since.
 
Why?
 
Because I know how the majority of the media react when it comes to big names and/or clubs.  I can just hear the 'football action' or 'what other option did he have' rhetoric now. It would simply get me angry and frustrated. 
 
To those who I suspect said such things, and it's not hard to guess which ones, I say this.
 
Let's pose a hypothetical.  You are playing football with your 10yo. You find yourself mid air, your son has just kicked the ball over your head. Do you lower your arms and meet him with your hands on his chest? Or do you tuck your arms in, turn side on and hit him in the head with your shoulder. 
 
The quality of your next Fathers Day present, and the health of your marriage depends on your answer.
 
We know Collingwood will appeal and appeal again so it will remain the top story all week. 
 
I will tonight watch On The Couch and AFL 360 in the hope that the experts I respect most see the act for what it was.
 

Thanks for these posts mate. I know this email will likely fall on deaf ears but it's a good email and I'd definitely be forwarding to some other outlets. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Anyone not angry enough yet listen to this [censored] from Buckley and Kane this morning.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/10/why-buckley-believes-maynard-should-avoid-ban-for-brayshaw-collision/

 

He didn't watch the spotlight interview last night on channel 7, if you don't protect heads at the top level what chance do you have at local and junior level

  • Like 1
  • Clap 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole "footy act" argument is so irrelevant...it's a physical game yes, but in every decision is a very significant "duty of care" because of the significant outcomes if that "duty of care" is not taken into consideration.  I'm sure he didn't want to hurt him, but he breached that duty of care and hurt him badly, like it or not footy fans that's the kind of thing we need to be stamping out of the game because life long head injuries just aren't worth it for anyone.  

This whole narrative should be about the "duty of care" so you don't hurt your fellow colleagues whether they're opponents or not, you're all playing the same game you twits, enough with this "footy act" [censored] anyone who is pushing that barrow is just as much a part of the problem.  If a "footy act" results in serious head injuries it probably shouldn't be allowed now should it.

Would our perspective be different if we were on the other side of this?  Not sure...I'd like to think our players have a bit more sense than to jump full steam at another player running full stem right towards them like a game of chicken.  That never seemed like a good idea, pretty obvious outcome whether you get the spoil or not, someone is going to get pretty badly hurt.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    GALLANT by KC from Casey

    The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

    … meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

    The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 137

    PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

    VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

    POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 393

    GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 503

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...