Mitch Georgiades

Demonland

I must admit I was sceptical on chasing him as he plays similar to Fritta, but if Fritta and Melk can play well together in the coming weeks it’s prob not a bad option for a Grundy trade, but I’d also be loathe to give port a better ruckman.

Nothing too exciting here Kicked 1.3 in a four year career 4 marks hardly a star

Year

Team GM K H D M G B T HO FF FA GA I50 CL CG R50 BL
2023 Power 2 9.0 4.5 13.5 6.0 1.0 2.5 1.0 0 1.0 2.0 0.5 2.0 0 3.5 0  
2022 Power 19* 6.2 4.5 10.7 4.7 1.2 1.3 2.1 0 0.9 1.4 0.1 1.5 0.1 3.1 0.1  
2021 Power 21* 6.4 3.6 10.0 4.4 1.5 0.8 1.8 0 0.7 1.5 0.4 1.7 0.1 2.8 0.1 0.05
2020 Power 7 5.6 2.7 8.3 2.9 1.1 0.9 2.0 0 1.6 0.7 0.4 1.9 0 2.0 0.1 0.14
Career   49* 6.3 3.9 10.2 4.4 1.3 1.1 1.9 0 0.9 1.3 0.3 1.7 0.1 2.8 0.1

Edited by Kent
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dee tention said:

Melbourne were very keen on him in his Draft year but missed out. I would think this is the play if Grundy is going to Port.

He is a lesser version of Fritter in my view and we don't need him. My preference is for a power forward We can get a 4 mark 1 goal a game player anywhere

1 hour ago, Jontee said:

Averaging over a goal a game at this stage in his career is ntb but is inaccurate, and as said he aint tall.

Not saying he's a champion or anything but he is 1cm shorter than JVR and 6cm taller than Melksham who I see as the closest proxy in our current forward set up  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kent said:

He is a lesser version of Fritter in my view and we don't need him. My preference is for a power forward We can get a 4 mark 1 goal a game player anywhere

2 Fritters would be totally fine with me

They're not the same anyway, as Georgiades is far more of a lead mark player, getting up on the wings while Fritter is closer to goal.

• Like 1

I suspect the Eagles will offer overs. His non signing at Port is reportedly down to $$ and not being guaranteed a best 22 spot pre-injury.

Tread with care is my conclusion

Time to claim the so called premiership discount that the power clubs had in the past

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

I think this would be a great option.  This kid has shown plenty in his restricted career.  Port have not played him correctly either.

Straight swap for Grundy would be a fair trade IMO.

18 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

A whole thread about a very average player

So Demonland

Couldn't regularly make the Port side pre injury and wants good dollars plus 4 year deal.

As I said above... tread carefully

Upside is that he is 21 and being a first rounder suggests he had ability.

Has he had a 3 goal / high possession game. How did he go in the SANFL pre injury

36 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

I think this would be a great option.  This kid has shown plenty in his restricted career.  Port have not played him correctly either.

Straight swap for Grundy would be a fair trade IMO.

How so ?

5 minutes ago, Sydee said:

How so ?

He has never been the second tall,  has always played alongside 2 other talls and they all get in each others way.

He would be a great second tall for us with Fritter being that versatile 3rd

3 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

He has never been the second tall,  has always played alongside 2 other talls and they all get in each others way.

He would be a great second tall for us with Fritter being that versatile 3rd

Maybe - is he better than either of Petty or Joel Smith?

Will Jefferson be better in 2 years?

If we were talking about Larkey, McKay, Lynch or Allen I can see the appeal and clear point of difference of the taller player but for Georgiades I'm not so sure. 

Ultimately, I suppose it comes down to cost - if he isn't costing the earth then maybe worth a punt. He does have good hands I will give him that.

1 hour ago, Sydee said:

Maybe - is he better than either of Petty or Joel Smith?

Will Jefferson be better in 2 years?

If we were talking about Larkey, McKay, Lynch or Allen I can see the appeal and clear point of difference of the taller player but for Georgiades I'm not so sure. 

Ultimately, I suppose it comes down to cost - if he isn't costing the earth then maybe worth a punt. He does have good hands I will give him that.

Oh i agree with those other players but they aren't on the table.  If i Could choose one, Allen!! he is perfect, gun key forward and can to the ruck pinch hitting too.

That's the only issue, if we do go for a young key fwd and Jefferson does come on we will lose one.

In terms of Petty and Smith, yes!  Much better than Smith and Petty had been great hole filler but i do think he will settle in defence, especially once May retires 

Good player. Great hands. iffy set shot. He was dropped at the start of the year. Not sure whether due to form or attitude. not good either way. then got a bad injury. 

I don't think he's quite what we want. I'm thinking another key to play alongside JVR. He plays more as the third which is Fritschs role now.

In theory, I love the idea of a very mobile and dangerous forward line of JVR, Fritta and Georgiades. Even better if we could get Watson in the draft to pair with Kozzie.

However, I don’t think the combination carries enough size for our defensive game plan. None are big enough to sit under high ball’s for an entire year, they’d be cooked before finals

Edited by BW511

I have maybe seen Georgiadis in 2 games so have never really noticed him if I'm honest, but if this is anything to go by, he's doing pretty well after 49 games?

After 49 games the following had: 

Gunstan - 86 goals

Hipwood - 73 goals

Jamie Elliot - 66 goals

Georgiadis - 65 goals

Jack Reiwoldt - 62 goals

Charlie Curnow -  60 goals

Fritsch -  41 goals

Only 21 years old, effectively same amount of goals as Jamie Elliot, more goals than Reiwoldt, Curnow and Fritsch at the same time. 

Seems to be more upsides than down?

• Like 8