• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast

Demonland

7 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I don’t understand why people are determined to get the fwd line back to exactly how it was in 2021. We can do it but it won’t win us the flag this year. 

I agree. BBB and TMc, owing to their age and injury history may only play half a season each. We will not be mobile enough with both in the side, they will need to share a position over the course of the year. The slightest niggle and they should be rested/rotated out of the side. Both are still very good players, but they need to be fit.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

let's wait and see what the medical report is on sideshow bald first

if he's out i still like our structure with three talls up front - sideshow, roo, and petty - so if one of them is out then plugger mac gets another opportunity more than likely

pickett is obviously an in, most likely for melksham, with one of jj or sparrow - probably jj - sliding to the sub

Think it’s time to give Jordan soe

decent pitch time 

• Like 1

They only have the one serious tall in Allen.  May can take him yes?

Then there's Darling at only 191cm.  Could piggy take him at 187cm or do we need to bring Tomo back @ 194cm or not quick enough off the mark to go with Darling?

Or May to Darling, Tomo to Allen? (Hibb out)

That leaves Kozzy in for Melk with Jordan as the sub?

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

My possible line ups

B: McVee, May, Bowey

HB: Brayshaw, Lever, Rivers

C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon

HF: Petracca, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Brown, Spargo

FOLL: Grundy, Viney, Pickett

IC: Petty, Jordon, Sparrow, Chandler

SUB: Melksham

EMERG: Hibberd, Laurie, Dunstan

Petty forward and back if needed.

Hibberd the emergency.

Casey

B: Adams, Tomlinson, D.Smith

HB: Buntine, D.Turner, K.Turner

C: Howes, Dunstan, Sheperd

HF: J.Smith, McDonald, Moniz-Wakefield

F: Sestan, Schache, Jefferson

FOLL: Bell, Laurie, Munro

IC: Grey, Baldi, Steele, Gregory, Cross

Emerg: Burgoyne, Sheridan, McRae

I'm not sure how long Joel is out for so I put him in the team.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

They only have the one serious tall in Allen.  May can take him yes?

Then there's Darling at only 191cm.  Could piggy take him at 187cm or do we need to bring Tomo back @ 194cm or not quick enough off the mark to go with Darling?

Or May to Darling, Tomo to Allen? (Hibb out)

That leaves Kozzy in for Melk with Jordan as the sub?

You're forgetting Lever he plays on  Darling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deejammin' said:

This is a super tough week for selection and it will we get tougher in the next few weeks, with Gawn, Salem,  Harmes, Woewodin (who I thought was close to debut on his pre season form) all fit we’ve got an incredible list. 
There’s a bit of logical inconsistency amongst those who are saying Brown for Kozzie however while also saying we should test players. The player we most need to take care of and rest is Grundy, we can’t drop him, Bailey and Allen are good rucks and we need to at least nullify them around the ground in contested marks as well as at stoppage, side note since Gawn went down against Brisbane stoppage is where we give away most goals.

If Brown is sore, sure Rest him, but you have to bring in TMac for one very important reason, a back up ruck. Whether it’s JVR, Petty or TMac we need to give Grundy more of a chop out in the weeks to come, he was immense against Sydney but he played nearly 90% ruck until the last ten minutes when we were home and took him off to bathe in cotton wool. We can’t play him 90% against West Coast, we need to rest him for big battles against Draper and Nankervis to come. Petty looked good in the ruck yesterday but if he and JVR are our only tall forwards we won’t be able to put them into the ruck enough to rest Grundy and Grundy is not a natural forward so I wouldn’t be putting him forward when the others ruck, not that that’s a rest anyway. 

Whatever we do someone who played well will come out but for me it’s:

Out to sub: JJ In: Kozzie

If sore out: BBB In: Tmac

If sore out: Hibbo In Tomlinson

Tough week though, I wouldn’t be surprised if ANB or Sparrow went out for Kozzie.

ANB will def not be dropped !!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

My possible line ups

B: McVee, May, Bowey

HB: Brayshaw, Lever, Rivers

C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon

HF: Petracca, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Brown, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: Petty, Jordon, Sparrow, Chandler

SUB: Melksham

EMERG: Hibberd, Laurie, Dunstan

Petty forward and back if needed.

Hibberd the emergency.

Casey

B: Adams, Tomlinson, D.Smith

HB: Buntine, D.Turner, K.Turner

C: Howes, Dunstan, Sheperd

HF: J.Smith, McDonald, Moniz-Wakefield

F: Sestan, Schache, Jefferson

FOLL: Bell, Laurie, Munro

IC: Grey, Baldi, Steele, Gregory, Cross

Emerg: Burgoyne, Sheridan, McRae

I'm not sure how long Joel is out for so I put him in the team.

I presume you mean Grundy, not Gawn

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

You're forgetting Lever he plays on  Darling.

Usually sits off as the spare intercept though W?

He does try and play back of shoulder when required but he aint no Petty or May in this regard.  Wouldn't he be better off on Allen and May takes the more fleet of foot (vs Allen) Darling (in a straight line only!).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I reckon BB will go out for Pickett. Melksham will stay as sub. Petty and JVR up forward. Rivers is tall enough to play on Waterman. Their only interceptor is Barrass.

Decent player in a mediocre team (at present).

• Like 1

I think its about player management this week.  May and Lever both played 100 percent of game time on the weekend. Doubt that happens again after a 4 hour trip, so Petty will play back this week I think. Bbb should rest, so TMac has to come in as the ruck chop out/key forward. For the rest of the year I think it's either or with these 2. Toss a coin.

Melksham also doesnt need to be on that plane, so Kozzie in for Melksham. Take your pick who wears the sub vest - hibberd, jj, sparrow.   Id be taking Viney off at half time anyway.  (unless they are trying to get him fully match fit).   

Out : Brown, Melksham

In : Tmac, Kozzie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I reckon BB will go out for Pickett. Melksham will stay as sub. Petty and JVR up forward. Rivers is tall enough to play on Waterman. Their only interceptor is Barrass.

Probably the only one to look out for. 

• Like 1

After watching the VFL replay I wonder if Howes will debut. been in good form I'd have him replacing Petty as the 7th backman. If McDonald can be dropped after 2 ordinary games Petty could be dropped after 3 ordinary games.

• Thinking 1
  • Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

I agree, I think it will be JJ, but my point was everyone played well so someone good will be dropped.

JJ won't be dropped it will be either Sparrow, Hibberd and\or Petty.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

JJ won't be dropped it will be either Sparrow, Hibberd and\or Petty.

We won’t drop Petty, we won’t drop a tall, we need back up rucks to give Grundy less game time to look after him and ideally freshen him up for the next two games. It may be Sparrow, I’d be surprised if Kozzie replaced Hibbo, if the pig is sore I think a back will come in. JJ would be very stiff, I don’t want to drop him, but I think he’s most likely. He’ll be sub I think.

• Like 2

In Pickett

Out Brown (managed)

It's very tough on any team to cop the number of injuries they did this weekend.

But because its West Coast I'm delighted. We should go out with the express intention of pumping them. Show no mercy. Percentage could be a factor come seasons end so fill our boots I say.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

After watching the VFL replay I wonder if Howes will debut. been in good form I'd have him replacing Petty as the 7th backman. If McDonald can be dropped after 2 ordinary games Petty could be dropped after 3 ordinary games.

Are you on valium Tonight?

Petty won’t get dropped. Do you watch the Seniors game or just Casey?

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

I agree, I think it will be JJ, but my point was everyone played well so someone good will be dropped.

True …but ANB plays a position that literally no-one else can play . 

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Are you on valium Tonight?

Petty won’t get dropped. Do you watch the Seniors game or just Casey?

He was ordinary. He's been ordinary all year even in the practice games.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, deejammin' said:

We won’t drop Petty, we won’t drop a tall, we need back up rucks to give Grundy less game time to look after him and ideally freshen him up for the next two games. It may be Sparrow, I’d be surprised if Kozzie replaced Hibbo, if the pig is sore I think a back will come in. JJ would be very stiff, I don’t want to drop him, but I think he’s most likely. He’ll be sub I think.

Roo will be the second ruck. I don't see why we need him? He's no longer needed down back and he ain't a forward. Rather see a running half back in Howes get a run. 

• Facepalm 7
  • Thinking 1