GAMEDAY: Match SIM Casey vs Sandringham

Demonland

1 hour ago, Demon Jack said:

Hibberd looks like he'll play a role for us yet again this year. 

Always reliable.

He’s a certainty, if fit.Him and Rivers will play Bank flank with Bowey warming the seat for Salem in back pocket.McVee May get a look in sometime later in year. Was quite surprised however in the growth of McVee.

• Like 3

• Demonland changed the title to GAMEDAY: Match SIM Casey vs Sandringham
1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Woey - played on ball, bursts forward whenever he gets it and used it safely. Tough++

Hibbo - too strong and smart for this level, but the legs don’t drive on rebound like they used to

JVR - kicked a couple, didn’t dominate but solid after playing a half for the senior side

AMW - looks fitter, stronger and really dangerous in traffic. If he’s even remotely fit enough for afl he’s good enough

JJ - prolific on ball but not overly dangerous

Disco - took some good marks, but didn’t use it as well as he can. Had an ankle checked at one stage, not sure he’s playing entirely to his best 

Verrell and KFW - both very promising, Verrell more ready as he times his leaps and has more ground ball skill. But KFW follows up and isn’t afraid of getting involved.

Schache - moments of class but outbodied too often by Highmore and others 

Jeffo - just getting started but be clunked a couple and had a couple of nearly moments, didn’t find any easy kicks

Laurie and Howes - both good and bad. Nice to see Laurie on ball. A lot of almost moments from Howes

D Smith - didn’t see him much and didn’t think he did much with it either 

Sestan and K Turner - just getting stated 

Agree with pretty much all you say here, will add a little bit from my viewing.

Verrell in particular for me today...looks really promising.

Hibbo as you say too good for the level, will be great depth this year.

I think AMW will be a step up from Bedford...just a better ball handler and very clean and clever with his ball use. From the track watchers of which you are one I think he has been in rehab for a lot of the preseason so a good performance coming in underdone.

Howes needs to get involved, just goes along for the ride. On his output to date very overrated.

• Like 2

Andy Moniz-Wakefield and Will Verrell adding those young fellas to my book of potential debutants for the season. Has Choco repeated his ‘21 pre-season ritual of burning their birth certificates? That was some voodoo worthy of Papa Doc!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gOLLy said:

Snache looks spudie to me.

Can't believe I sponsored Tomo.

How many year more do we have him?

What a nasty thing to say. Don’t sponsor a player if this is your attitude.

Also, who is ‘Snache’? And what does ‘spudie’ mean?

• Like 7
  • Clap 4

45 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thought Burgoyne showed some real pose and class on the outside. Rarely wastes it.

Which number was he 'dazz'?

I didn't hear him called & don't know him by sight but thought he would have been out there.

14 minutes ago, rjay said:

I didn't hear him called & don't know him by sight but thought he would have been out there.

I think Burgoyne was number 44.

Found separation, playing half forward flank, when gjven space he moves well and hits targets. Thought the connection with other players was lacking a few times, as he was by himself or doing run ons, but was not given the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thought Burgoyne showed some real pose and class on the outside. Rarely wastes it.

Particularly if a list spot opens up at some stage during the season Dazz!

7 hours ago, rjay said:

You can blame thr commentators for that.

At one stage they had said Luca Goonan had just kicked a goal when in fact it was Andy Moniz Wakefield.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

You can blame thr commentators for that.

At one stage they had said Luca Goonan had just kicked a goal when in fact it was Andy Moniz Wakefield.

At least they got the right team. Earlier she called a Dees goal that was actually a Saints goal. 

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

At least they got the right team. Earlier she called a Dees goal that was actually a Saints goal. 

It’s not easy to tell the difference between a bright, light blue and red guernsey and a black one. 

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

14 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Jesus poor Tomlinson is getting taught a lesson by the Saints new PPS kid...

Might be an excuse, but playing in a scratch match, as people leave the ground after the main game, in 33 degrees, might not have been a big motivator for Tommo to play at his best.

Then again………..

The beauty is we are certainly adding depth to our back stocks with Turner x 2, Adams and McVee ( a real surprise ) and maybe Smith D as another possible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Might be an excuse, but playing in a scratch match, as people leave the ground after the main game, in 33 degrees, might not have been a big motivator for Tommo to play at his best.

Then again………..

The beauty is we are certainly adding depth to our back stocks with Turner x 2, Adams and McVee ( a real surprise ) and maybe Smith D as another possible.

Depends on if he wants to play senior footy l suppose

There will have to be a lot of injured players in the back six on that performance 

• Like 1