• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFLW: Rd 09 vs Essendon

poita

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1238994/aflw-round-9-game-day-guide

https://www.womens.afl/news/110439/injury-list-how-healthy-is-your-team-after-r8-

A bit concerning that Lauren Pearce is still on the injury list per the AFL website. No mention of Gay, Goldrick or Sherriff though, so hopefully they are all okay. 

Essendon have some good players through the midfield, but not a lot depth (a bit like the Bulldogs), so hopefully we can get a similar result to round 7.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, poita said:

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1238994/aflw-round-9-game-day-guide

https://www.womens.afl/news/110439/injury-list-how-healthy-is-your-team-after-r8-

A bit concerning that Lauren Pearce is still on the injury list per the AFL website. No mention of Gay, Goldrick or Sherriff though, so hopefully they are all okay. 

Essendon have some good players through the midfield, but not a lot depth (a bit like the Bulldogs), so hopefully we can get a similar result to round 7.

Thanks for that Poita. Looking forward to this game. The AFLW injury list link you posted has an asterisk next to us that says “current as of October 12”. Given that that is 8 days ago I wouldn’t despair or worry on Lauren Pearce just yet. I think the numbers are just out of date (which makes it weird Gay, Sheriff and Goldrick aren’t on it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️). It’s also missing McNamara and Colvin 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I’m still relying on Mick’s presser, that Loz, Sheriff and Goldy are all a chance, Gay still a week away.

EDIT: Injury list just came up on the MFC site. Goldy in, Pearce and Sheriff tests, Gay one more week.

AFLW Injury Report | Dees could strengthen for Dons clash…

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1239278

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm predicting a 10 goal belting. Essendon just got over easy beats Sydney by 4 points while Melbourne just smashed Gold Coast by 49 points.

Possible team

B: Birch, Gillard

HB: Goldrick, Lampard, Heath

C: Mithen, Purcell, Paxman

HF: Hore, Zanker, Bannan

F: D.Pearce, Harris

FOLL: L.Pearce, Hanks, West

IC: Sherriff, Fitzsimon, Mackin, Wilson, Brown

I'm dropping Duffy needs to drop some weight. Doesn't look fit enough. 

• Like 1

Just a little vent, hope nobody minds. 🙏

I got to the Reach Foundation building in Collingwood (where we make the banners). Got here early since we’re making this weekend’s banner plus a couple of generics for finals. Turns out Reach double-booked, so for this week a last-minute change to AAMI Park was made. I can’t get there in time so for the first time since joining the DA I won’t be involved. 😭 I was hoping to be the Jimmy of banner making but my run’s been broken. 😭😭 AND tonight the players are gonna be there to help make the banners. 😭😭😭 

Anyways I feel so much better now. Thanks all. 🌸

We'll smash Essendon on Sunday and that’ll more than make up for this. ❤️💙

Edit: I was serious about my run. Even the OGs have had at least one week where they couldn’t make it. And my run included a late Thursday night banner build before a 6am flight to Brisbane the next morning in round 23.

And so (next Thursday) begins another attempt at the record. 😁

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

Maybe not so much drop weight as tone up (?)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Maybe not so much drop weight as tone up (?)

I think she could be a big asset if she becomes as toned up as Hanks, Purcell and West.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I doubt she will get dropped Werridee. She has kicked a goal a game so far and will only get better. She isn't perhaps as fit as she’d like but is just as likely to have a purple patch and kick 3 in a final. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, FarNorthernD said:

I doubt she will get dropped Werridee. She has kicked a goal a game so far and will only get better. She isn't perhaps as fit as she’d like but is just as likely to have a purple patch and kick 3 in a final. 

Agree. There's no one waiting in the wings with a similar output and better fitness. Has done really well off a long time out of the game. Her and Daisy down there is a bit of a worry speed-wise though, so who knows.

Some pre-game light reading - covers our progression and remarkable consistency since Season 1, with some interesting stats and good signs for the future:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-21/melbourne-demons-aflw-premiership-window-wide-open/101555732

And a nice stat showing our pressure game's impact on other teams' ball use (lesser/no effect on North, Brisbane and Freo but around 8% otherwise):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m forever bagging the Collingwood cheer squad for… well… everything really. But in particular for waving an American flag.

Nek minnit…

06680F45-C81B-48A5-90A1-00E8AB207804.thumb.jpeg.6566304ac14f91fb60ed0c204cfbabfa.jpeg

😂 😂 😂

There's gonna be not one but two of these at this week’s match for our Irish girls!

PS: In case anyone’s wondering, I put the banana there to show the DA OGs the size of the flags.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

3 Big Ins for Tomorrow 

INS – Sherriff, L.Pearce, Goldrick 
OUTS – Duffy (soreness), Caris (omitted), Brown (omitted)

74447B0A-0E95-41DD-B933-FC0A39AA068F.thumb.jpeg.6bce1474bbc55f6d7cc61782fb2fdf66.jpegBE882EEB-8934-4589-AD1D-525423458CBF.thumb.jpeg.a24349cd89b5765f7999145e79158b42.jpeg

That’s a very, very good side. How do we fit Gay, Ivey and Duffy in next week? Let alone how we fit Colvin and McNamara back in next year? Building nicely.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 6:04 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m forever bagging the Collingwood cheer squad for… well… everything really. But in particular for waving an American flag.

Nek minnit…

06680F45-C81B-48A5-90A1-00E8AB207804.thumb.jpeg.6566304ac14f91fb60ed0c204cfbabfa.jpeg

😂 😂 😂

There's gonna be not one but two of these at this week’s match for our Irish girls!

PS: In case anyone’s wondering, I put the banana there to show the DA OGs the size of the flags.

I'm glad you clarified that. I'd hate to think that our players would be coming onto the field by running through a banner-banana.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strong lineup and great to see us building towards a fully fit list (McNamara and Colvin excepted) coming into finals

i expect a professional performance today. That should be enough to translate into a 40 point win for us which will keep within range of Brisbanes percentage 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BDA said:

Strong lineup and great to see us building towards a fully fit list (McNamara and Colvin excepted) coming into finals

i expect a professional performance today. That should be enough to translate into a 40 point win for us which will keep within range of Brisbanes percentage 

Looking forward to this one 'BDA'...hopefully the weather holds and we can build that percentage.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rjay said:

Looking forward to this one 'BDA'...hopefully the weather holds and we can build that percentage.

The weather could put a spanner in the works but even if it does turn inclement I’ve been so impressed with the consistency of performance this year I still reckon we’ll find a way to put up a score irrespective of conditions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BDA said:

The weather could put a spanner in the works but even if it does turn inclement I’ve been so impressed with the consistency of performance this year I still reckon we’ll find a way to put up a score irrespective of conditions.

It’s looking OK BDA but you never know down that way it can change quickly.!!

• Like 1