FINALS 2022: Week 03

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Poorly managed back half

Sadly yes.  Hope we learn from it - and replenish our list, and even our senior team from who we have already at Casey.  And learn to manage a whole season. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Well Geelong in a Grand Final is bad enough so lets hope the swans do the job on the filth tmmrw. A Geelong and filth granny would be too much to bear.

Dislike both teams, but the qualifying final was an awesome game, wouldn't mind watching them go head to head again. 

• Like 1

I reckon Collingwood can get it done this year. 
There’s just something about them…

Beat Sydney and I’m all in. 

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

Tonight just shows how bad we were last week. 

Brisbane were out of place tonight. Should not have been playing a prelim, and would not have had we done our job last week. 

Hopefully Goody at least watches that SF debacle, unlike refusing to in 2018. Plenty of learnings to be had.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I reckon Collingwood can get it done this year. 
There’s just something about them…

Beat Sydney and I’m all in. 

Abit of magic about their season.
Similar feel to ours last year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 3183 Dee said:

Geelong are this year’s Melbourne - they were so p!ssed off at being humiliated twice by us last year, that they resolved to do better.

A little yes but i reckon they prepped for this after the 2020 loss to the Tiges.

Injected some run into the team.  And also got Cameron courtesy of the AFL.

Mind you the same thing helped the Tigers get their back to back with Lynch coming across to a premiership team lol.

The AFL are lead by a shameless bunch of incestuous boys' club tossers.

1 hour ago, sue said:

The AFL should paint a line on the ground.  Then umps wouldn’t have to shout back to the nine which is messy especially if the player plays on. No shouting. Penalise a player who doesn’t immediately head back to the line. 

Yes makes sense Sue.  Good idea

15 hours ago, John Demonic said:

An embarrassing night tonight for the Melbourne Football Club - this contest will be akin to the 2019 GF or maybe even... the 2020 prelim💡 A ridiculous one sided spectacle that will only do nothing more than highlight our poor 2nd half of the season and the 'what could have beens' of an epic prelim clash between a defending premier with the highest ceiling, and the best team of the current season.

Of course I'll watch, and I'll hope the Lions win - but it will be with very little fanfare and it will be akin to watching NM try and beat WCE in an away prelim in 2015 - ie a lost cause that will barely last a quarter or two - a story that we all know the ending to, even if it is close for 3 or 4 quarters - one team will always have the other at arms length, ready to flick that switch and win easily by a few goals.

And even if the Lions were to get up in a Hail-Mary-Cats-Choke of epic proportions, it will do nothing but fuel even more Coodabeen Champion fantasies on DL

Absolute Lose/lose situation. 

I hope this prelim stings the players.

... And even Richmond would've put up a better performance than that. Embarrassing end to our season to let this mob into a prelim.

• Like 2

As much as I dislike Scott and his smugness his tactical brilliance is to be admired.

Like Longmire he has a clear plan for the opps playmakers while backing in his system.  For them it isn't either/or.  They do both.  Successfully.

Geelong didn't tag Neale.  Scott said before the game they knew he would get the ball but try to control where he got the ball and they would have several players for him.  At half time Jimmy Bartel said Geelong let Neale get the ball when he was facing the wrong way.

They shut Neale out by having Atkins on him at stoppages, someone to close his space and stay goal side of him.  He was picked up by whoever was closest to him.  The latter is how they played Oliver.

If Sydney win today, Longmire vs Scott will be a fascinating GF to watch. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 5

Every Cats fan I know was happy we lost last week as they were [censored] themselves at the prospect of losing to us in a prelim again. Funny how that was how it turned out. Almost sounds planned. #dangerflag