CHANGES: Rd 21 vs Collingwood

Demonland

6 minutes ago, binman said:

I reckon Melksham might get the job.

I can’t see another role for Melksham except to take out the opposition’s intercepter. So I wholeheartedly agree with this. 
Yes he can be fun when he attacks the footy, but he doesn’t do it enough. To justify his spot in the side he has to fill a role like this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I can’t see another role for Melksham except to take out the opposition’s intercepter. So I wholeheartedly agree with this. 
Yes he can be fun when he attacks the footy, but he doesn’t do it enough. To justify his spot in the side he has to fill a role like this. 

He was good tonight I thought.

• Like 20

I can’t imagine Brown won’t come in. 

I have to agree on ANB… he is a leader so the crunch through there has to be very rough if he is pushed out.

Handy to have Brayshaw to just run through the middle. 

Fritsch said on a post game radio interview that Clayton just slotted into Freo’s drop zones and made a nuisance of himself with Aish close checking him. That tells me that our team ethos is still burning strong.

Really sets up a big 3 weeks - win two and we will have a home QF most likely.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, binman said:

He was. I would just love to tell him to calm down with the footy and take a breath. He tends to rush into a 50/50, Spargo on the other hand waits and lets the game get him a 75/25 or sometimes an absolute dime to someone.

• Thanks 1

In : B.Brown Out: Weideman I give up on him.

I thought Melksham was cooked boy was I wrong great game. Been good since he's come back into the team. 

Viney is a beast. Can't see us dropping anyone for Harmes looks like he maybe the sub.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rpfc said:

He was. I would just love to tell him to calm down with the footy and take a breath. He tends to rush into a 50/50, Spargo on the other hand waits and lets the game get him a 75/25 or sometimes an absolute dime to someone.

Agree. Though thst was never his MO.

I wonder if he is playing a bit tight worrying about doing enough to keep his spot.

I have been thinking for a couple of weeks, how well sparrow has been playing .

Hard role for a young player being 5th or 6th Mid !!!  He supplies grunt ...al part of the team thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

yep re JVR, hard to do less than weids 1 lucky possession. Think it’s time to bite the bullet. 

Tend to Agree but if Sideshow is fit he comes in for Weideman. Harmes the other in possibly for Nibbler who might be managed.

Very surprised to be saying this but Melk stays, unless they have a tagging job they think Harmes would be good at. He has found something haven't seen in him in a long time. Sparrow had a great game and ANB has had a strong season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

Very surprised to be saying this but Melk stays, unless they have a tagging job they think Harmes would be good at. He has found something haven't seen in him in a long time. Sparrow had a great game and ANB has had a strong season.

Agree, I thought Melky was good and he displayed some desperation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dl4e said:

I would leave the Weed in because he will take Moore out of the game more. BBB is not good enough for Moore and poor old Van Rooyen is being tossed in at the deep end. What ever the case Mr Moore will be twinkling his diddlestick all week over his next opponent.

More often than not, Moore takes himself out of the game. Leaving Weed in may have the opposite effect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BBB for Weid

Harmes for Chandler

BBB for Weid is the obvious change, but hard to make any other changes as the team did a great job, every player, playing their role, Weid excluded and maybe even he did what he was asked!

Its a great sign that we have Bowey, Smith, Chandler waiting in the wings, even Harmes being medi-sub, gives us some coverage, other than 2nd tall forward role and Melksham has exceeded my expectations of him, in play a negating role in that position the last few weeks.

• Like 1

Nibbler struggled but I can't help wondering about what's happened Salem. He took one good contested mark and probably got his nose broken, but he just isn't impacting the play. Horribly out of form. His kicking high hospital passes rather than his normal lace out bullets. Has no confidence. At his best he is a freak. But I can't help wondering if bowey wouldn't be better atm untill he gets some form back. He won't be dropped but it's concerning he's not improving. Also, I wonder what impact tmac can havd being out for so long. Will possibly struggle for form as well once he's back. 

25 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Nibbler struggled but I can't help wondering about what's happened Salem. He took one good contested mark and probably got his nose broken, but he just isn't impacting the play. Horribly out of form. His kicking high hospital passes rather than his normal lace out bullets. Has no confidence. At his best he is a freak. But I can't help wondering if bowey wouldn't be better atm untill he gets some form back. He won't be dropped but it's concerning he's not improving. Also, I wonder what impact tmac can havd being out for so long. Will possibly struggle for form as well once he's back. 

Grouse. Yes he’s not like most skilled left footers. Kicking is high up and under and like bombs to forwards. Where’s the penetration and sharp padding.  Young was so much more dangerous and sharp. Salems courage though was unquestionable and still he’s a key player for September. 

It will be Weid out for BBB or whoever is the best performing tall at Casey. 

Our balance looked better with Hunt back and Brayshaw in the pivot. 

It probably does come down to Harmes or Sparrow as Melksham I think is playing an important role (different to what’s expected of Harmes/Sparrow) and applying it well.

For those thinking ANB will be dropped may want to consider how highly his 31 pressure acts (only second to Oliver) for the game are rated. 

Edited by Lil_red_fire_engine
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, binman said:

I should have clarified that I didn’t think he wasn’t good. I just think that in general his attacking jobs aren’t good enough to justify a spot in the side unless he’s also doing a defensive role on the opposition’s attacking defender. Which is why I want him to take Moore and then Saad and then Rich (or whoever plays instead if Rich is still injured in the last round). 

This close to finals, as few changes as possible.

If BBB is fit, he comes in for Weid.

ANB has been on a run of poor footy. But he is the forward line leader so no way is he dropped.

Feel sorry for Harmes. Bad time of year to get an injury but can't see who to drop for him.