Trade and Free Agency rumours

Nascent

2 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

Agreed but would replace Mitch Brown on the list.  This would be a significant improve.  Gunston is a superb kick, has fantastic forward craft and is a difficult match up.  If Fritch and he could get their forward craft working together it would create headaches for the opposition and less scrutiny on BBB.  

Is 31 in October so probably has 2 good years left. 193 cms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bang Bang Bang said:

We’d be crazy not to be asking the question to Gunston. We were interested in him 12 months ago but baulked at Hawthorn’s asking price of a first rounder (fair enough too). Now he’s a free agent but still playing good footy, I don’t see why we wouldn’t be all over him. Fritsch and Gunston would combine for 5 goals a week quite easily when fit. They both kick lots of goals even when they’re not playing particularly well (if that makes sense). Yes to Gunston. 

And they won't go up in the same pack all the time. They can spread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Gunston can play the Tmac role too. 
Would cost little. I’m all for it. 
We are in a wide open window. Experience and proven performances mean a lot. 

He is only 1-2 cms shorter than Tom and is an experienced and smart footballer.

He would make us better for a couple of years and stop the bombing to the pocket game plan, thank G-d.

Tom Mac re injured the same foot after being stood on last week and could be doubtful to get it fully right, who knows.

Edited by Redleg
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

My apology got the uncontracted and contracted the wrong way around.  I have since fixed via edit. Gunston "uncontracted", the other key forward is contracted.

Is it that they are still in hunt for a flag? Otherwise why all the secrecy - it’s open season is it not?

4 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

Hi All,

We are currently courting a contracted and uncontracted player both "A Grade" Key Forwards. 

The uncontracted player is Jack Gunston. We are well and truly in the race despite some contrary media reports suggesting a move to Brisbane or retained by Hawthorn. I have been told we are odds on!  (that's better than 50% chance snowflakes not a certainty).

The contracted player has also been responsive with quiet discussions since July. I have no idea of the chance of success. If I say who it is this has the real chance of wrecking the good work our recruiters are doing and would undermine the chances of success. 

Snowflakes, please refrain from abusing me...........I quite enjoy your D-Grade dibble, it's just super boring reading for the rest of DL.  If you don't want to hear what I have to say BLOCK ME.

Thanks for sharing GNF. 

Brace urself for the abuse!!!

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

He would make us better for a couple of years and stop the bombing to the pocket game plan, thank G-d.

Tom Mac re injured the same foot after being stood on last week and could be doubtful to get it fully right, who knows.

Bombing to the pockets is a percentage play so we don't get hurt on slingshot. It's one of the reasons we've conceded the least points against in the league. If we can get our forward pressure and midfield pressure up again, it's still a good play. Higher pressure will also mean we turn the ball over closer to goal and we won't need to bomb it long and hopefully.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

Snowflakes, please refrain from abusing me........

On behalf of all the snowflakes I just want to say thanks. As many of you know with summer coming it’s a tough time to be a snowflake, so this kind of acknowledgment is important.

I feel seen ❄️

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Serious? Where did this happen?

6 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

Hi All,

We are currently courting a contracted and uncontracted player both "A Grade" Key Forwards. 

The uncontracted player is Jack Gunston. We are well and truly in the race despite some contrary media reports suggesting a move to Brisbane or retained by Hawthorn. I have been told we are odds on!  (that's better than 50% chance snowflakes not a certainty).

The contracted player has also been responsive with quiet discussions since July. I have no idea of the chance of success. If I say who it is this has the real chance of wrecking the good work our recruiters are doing and would undermine the chances of success. 

Snowflakes, please refrain from abusing me...........I quite enjoy your D-Grade dibble, it's just super boring reading for the rest of DL.  If you don't want to hear what I have to say BLOCK ME.

So there's Naughton to see here?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Boots and all said:

I wish the dees could have a perpetual premiership window like the Cats seem to have...that would be nice!!

Do you reckon it would help if we became 2nd tenants at Kardinia Park? We could train the house down then, knocking to absolute sheet out of the mongrels in navy and white jumpers.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rpfc said:

Nothing that holds much Weightman.

Weightman eventually killed Cowboy Neale's career, didn't it?

Tanner Bruhn should have a quick chat to Menegola, Dahlhaus, Higgins or Jordan Clark.

Surely players aren’t thick enough to keep going there when they’ve recruited blokes and not played them, or don’t play their young talent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Tanner Bruhn should have a quick chat to Menegola, Dahlhaus, Higgins or Jordan Clark.

Surely players aren’t thick enough to keep going there when they’ve recruited blokes and not played them, or don’t play their young talent.

if clark had stayed he definitely would've fit right in to the current cats side

lots of emerging players coming thru for them - atkins has developed into another not-quite-mature ripper recruit, and is still only 26, while all of zach guthrie, jack henry, tyson stengle, gryan miers, sam de koning, max holmes were all 23 and under at the start of this season and pretty important role players for them, or in the case of stengle and de koning key components of their side

they really do break down into three distinct groups:

over 30 in their 23 tonight: 9 players
26-30 inclusive: 8 players
25 and under: 6 players

it's a pretty smooth spread

by comparison ours last week was: 

over 30 in our 23 vs bears: 2 players
26-30 inclusive: 13 players
25 and under: 8 players

9 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

if clark had stayed he definitely would've fit right in to the current cats side

lots of emerging players coming thru for them - atkins has developed into another not-quite-mature ripper recruit, and is still only 26, while all of zach guthrie, jack henry, tyson stengle, gryan miers, sam de koning, max holmes were all 23 and under at the start of this season and pretty important role players for them, or in the case of stengle and de koning key components of their side

Yeah, there list breakdown is good, if not obviously older. I should have been more articulate and said that as an outside/runner it’s a tough gig and the list of recruits designed to fill the role who don’t get a game is full. 👍

5 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Yeah, there list breakdown is good, if not obviously older. I should have been more articulate and said that as an outside/runner it’s a tough gig and the list of recruits designed to fill the role who don’t get a game is full. 👍

true

i suspect they're looking more at bruhn as an inside option tho

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 2:50 PM, Sydee said:

Great bikes are those Nortons

Did someone say that we are gunna draft LES NORTON??? Get him in quick. Just what we need to revitalise the forward line!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

8 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

true

i suspect they're looking more at bruhn as an inside option tho

They are also likely to get Oliver Henry in this year's trade.

And, they have last year's draftees to come in.  All midfielders except Toby Conway (ruckman) who they took with their first pick.

Bruhn, Henry, Conway and their second 2021 draftee, Mitch Kevitt, are all locals.  Geelong's age profile will drop very quickly when these guys replace the likes of Stanley, Blicvas, Selwood, Dangerfield, Smith, Duncan etc. 

It has amused me that so many on DL have ridiculed their age profile.  Scott has shown this year it is about managing players not so much their age. 

Geelong's list is set to be very stable for a long time.  I don't think they have an interstate player of note so no 'go home' factor or 'wasted' player development.  On the other hand they benefit from locals returning to Geelong. 

I hate to say it but they aren't going to slide down the ladder any time soon.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

They are also likely to get Oliver Henry in this year's trade.

Then they have all of last year's recruits to come in, all midfielders except Toby Conway who they took with their first pick.

Bruhn, Henry, Conway and their second 2021 draftee, Mitch Kevitt, are all locals.  Geelong's age profile will drop very quickly when these guys replace the likes of Stanley, Blicvas, Selwood, Dangerfield, Smith, Duncan etc. 

It has amused me that so many on DL have ridiculed their age profile.  Scott has shown this year it is about managing players not so much their age. 

You'd have to think that Selwood, Danger and Duncan would consider retirement if they win it this year. Maybe Smith as well.

• Like 6