Every Heart Beats True Documentary

Wilson7

1 hour ago, Delusional demon 82 said:

https://afl.app.link/JEbqMA0Ofob

From tonight’s season launch

What a quality leader we have at the MFC in Kate Roffey. So well spoken , it’s amazing how professional our club now collectively presents itself. 

Also the flag is now officially with us for next Wednesday night ! 

She is magnificent to listen to. 
I know I’m bias but it is a goddamn pleasure to have a woman lead my footy club! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

This is only short (and trigger warning for the posters that need it - It quickly covers a couple of those famous losses), but really well done and has a few new insights.

https://www.afl.com.au/ondemand/stories/491019/season-final-story?episode=9&fbclid=IwAR1-44biAI8uOmjGELIxDvt48RQjerk_EgydgILoiKcGWkXKKNeb6vfGozg#season-1

Now that was a brilliant doco despite it's brevity. That gave you the sort of insights that was missing from the Fox doco.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, tiers said:

I heard from a good authority (ie close family member) that Norm Smith's disgust at the committee resulted from their failure to support him in legal action brought by an umpire.

Norm obviously felt that the club should support their coach in any football and match related issues and was naturally disappointed that the then committee would not. The committee failed Norm and all the supporters.

It was never the Norm Smith curse, it was always the curse of the faceless men that doomed us to 57 years of misery.

The curse originates from Norm Smiths statement that Melbourne would have a very long period of lack of success. Not as you are interpreting it Tiers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chook said:

I learned that Trac is aware of the unearthly expression of steely resolve that was etched across his brow was after kicking that goal. Never seen a bloke more determined in my life.

He was in beast mode.  Wide, wild eyes.  Sniffing like a bear eyeing its prey.  He had the sort of look that says: Over my dead body do we lose this game.  10 out of 10 from each coach in the BnF.  Unanimous 5 votes from 5 judges for the NSM.  Its not the first time we have won on the back of his efforts and I'm sure it won't be the last.  He has found his 'beast mode'.

Jack Viney was the momentum changer, Petracca kept the momentum going.  He was involved in everything after Jack's intercept.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

This is only short (and trigger warning for the posters that need it - It quickly covers a couple of those famous losses), but really well done and has a few new insights.

https://www.afl.com.au/ondemand/stories/491019/season-final-story?episode=9&fbclid=IwAR1-44biAI8uOmjGELIxDvt48RQjerk_EgydgILoiKcGWkXKKNeb6vfGozg#season-1

Lord Nev that just blew me away.!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

He was in beast mode.  Wide, wild eyes.  Sniffing like a bear eyeing its prey.  He had the sort of look that says: Over my dead body do we lose this game.  10 out of 10 from each coach in the BnF.  Unanimous 5 votes from 5 judges for the NSM.  Its not the first time we have won on the back of his efforts and I'm sure it won't be the last.  He has found his 'beast mode'.

Jack Viney was the momentum changer, Petracca kept the momentum going.  He was involved in everything after Jack's intercept.

Don't 4get the brilliant grab and pass to Fritsch by Harmes, pure poetry in motion.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Funny his eyes started glazing over and going back into Beast Mode even while he was talking about it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cantstandyasam said:

Don't 4get the brilliant grab and pass to Fritsch by Harmes, pure poetry in motion.

Yes, it was.

I think that was part of changing the momentum play Goodwin referred to:  Jack intercepted the ball, got it to Harmes whose kick to Fritsch Max said was one of his best ever.  Fritsch did what Fritsch does and slotted it. 

That play inspired the team.  Not long after it we had the Brayshaw heroics/goal, Kozzie's brilliant block of Dunkley to enable Petracca's dribble kick to goal.  We never looked back after that 5-10 minutes.  The brilliant last three goals of the 3rd were 'the nail in the (bulldogs) coffin'.  Their spirit was broken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Watching it now, some emotional moments in there early as they build the story. 

Also just noticed something about the Max Gawn kick after the siren. Tom Hawkins is VERY CLEARLY moving around on the mark and not adhering to the stand rule. Obviously Max kicked it so the [censored] can suck eggs but only just noticed then, can you imagine if the umpire actually noticed and paid the 50! 

• Like 3
  • Vomit 1

5 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Yes, it was.

I think that was part of changing the momentum play Goodwin referred to:  Jack intercepted the ball, got it to Harmes whose kick to Fritsch Max said was one of his best ever.  Fritsch did what Fritsch does and slotted it. 

That play inspired the team.  Not long after it we had the Brayshaw heroics/goal, Kozzie's brilliant block of Dunkley to enable Petracca's dribble kick to goal.  We never looked back after that 5-10 minutes.  The brilliant last three goals of the 3rd were 'the nail in the (bulldogs) coffin'.  Their spirit was broken.

I also think Fritta is very underrated here. To keep your composure and kick 2 incredibly crucial goals in the third was critical. 

If he misses that set shot after the Harmes kick I reckon we are done. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Pates said:

Also just noticed something about the Max Gawn kick after the siren. Tom Hawkins is VERY CLEARLY moving around on the mark and not adhering to the stand rule. Obviously Max kicked it so the [censored] can suck eggs but only just noticed then, can you imagine if the umpire actually noticed and paid the 50! 

I agree. Hawkins moved too much. Maybe the rules do not allow for further penalties after the siren.

However if this is so, then deliberately running over the mark could become the norm for after the siren. This should be clarified by Scott.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Thanks for that Nev. I thought this was absolutely brilliant. Really well-edited, informative, short but focused, inside stories, communication during and after GF, Angus Brayshaw, emotional impact, perfect....

As you probably know there's an excellent series on AFL On Demand going back to 2012 on the Premiers for each year. Nothing on there yet for 2021 but here's hoping it's not too far away.

https://www.afl.com.au/ondemand/original/518213/premiers?episode=9#season-1

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Thanks for sharing, this is sensational!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mo64 said:

Now that was a brilliant doco despite it's brevity. That gave you the sort of insights that was missing from the Fox doco.

I really enjoyed it too….😊

On 3/9/2022 at 5:41 PM, Lord Nev said:

Thanks for sharing LN….I loved it ❤️💙

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, Lord Nev said:

thanks for sharing that Nev, that is a sensational video, powerful insights into the day

• Like 1

87 preliminary footage - when Tony Campbell misses, is Robbie alone in the goal square? If he is, that is the real fail. Run at the defender, handpass to Robbie, game over.

Edited by Clintosaurus
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

87 preliminary footage - when Tony Campbell misses, is Robbie alone in the goal square? If he is, that is the real fail. Run at the defender, handpass to Robbie, game over.

Yep Robbie in the goalsquare I think Yeats and Eishold missed sitters too and maybe one or two others. Plus the free against Grinter that led to the 15m penalty for Stynes. We were out on our feet though, Carlton would have obliterated us the following week in 33 degree weather and Robbie would've missed the game. Might have held us in better stead for 88 but maybe not, who knows?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

And if he does handpass, do we then get smashed the following week in the 30c heat against a fresh and rested Carlton and does bang, bang, bang still eventuate in 2021 on the demon space/time continuum ?

for all of that heartache and all of the stuff that then followed maybe in some weird messed up way it was all meant to pan out like  it did 

back to the future GIF

Edited by Delusional demon 82
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Delusional demon 82 said:

And if he does handpass, do we then get smashed the following week in the 30c heat against a fresh and rested Carlton and does bang, bang, bang still eventuate in 2021 on the demon space/time continuum ?

for all of that heartache and all of the stuff that then followed maybe in some weird messed up way it was all meant to pan out like  it did 

back to the future GIF

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

Let’s get meta-physical…

I think we are a different club if we win in 87. I can see us being comfortable with mediocrity a little bit longer. We needed to get to rock bottom to get to the end of 2013. Would that have come if 26 years earlier, we snagged a flag after being in the wilderness for 23 years? My worry is sometimes you can be fooled by the exception that occurs and convince yourself of a different reality to the one you live in.

Would have been a fairytale finish for Robbie but as we know - fairytales are fairytales for a reason.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...