POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

19 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Bit it didnt, because they didnt have it.

I applaud their commitment. Well done fellas!

It's a complete stab in the guts for all of us eastern and southern supporters who are locked down and could not get to the game.

I couldn't imagine what families of the players who missed out they'd be feeling when seeing this.

This ain't a laughing matter.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Bit it didnt, because they didnt have it.

I applaud their commitment. Well done fellas!

Did you applaud the commitment of the two NSW truck drivers, because it’s the same thing. They didn’t believe they had it either.

It’s ironic that a Restauranter is involved considering how hard it the hospitality industry has been

Anyway I’ll agree to differ because I’m not getting into post after post on this as it should be all about us breaking the drought

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, adonski said:

There is a lot of upside in this win

Three of our biggest weapons all had quiet games

May & Lever as a duo had one of their quietest games for the season (at least marking wise)

Kozzie only a handful of touches & no goals

Maxy didn't have his usual influence either, other than staying out of Jackson's way!

1 hour ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Did you manage to catch up with them Ethan? I got along to the function at the Cott on Sunday. Fair to say they were in good form

Negative ghost rider. I attempted some stalking but couldn’t locate them. Pretty sure Maxy rode past me on a push bike though. 

• Like 1

I've spent the last couple of days wondering whether we'd have won the flag if Petty hadn't turned out to be the asset he was once he had to step in for Tomlinson. He was a massive win for the team maintaining it's structure.

• Like 8

I just now look at the Stats from the game and Bulldogs had 280 (207 Kicks 173 Handballs) disposals to Demons 266 (206 Kicks 160 Handballs) and we won by 74 points usually the discepancy is 50+ disposals to the victors.

I had a discussion with the stats people mant years ago and said them what is the most important stat in a game of football and they quoted everything except the score which proves to me that they are maths wiz's and know nothing about the game.

Ray Jordan and I had a discussion back in the 1980's and we agreed that scoreboard pressure was one of the most important stat of a game.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:23 PM, old dee said:

Dan today I am going out for a celebrator lunch you can send the cops to Water Garden shopping centre. I will be the one sitting in the back tail gate of my black Equinox eating a Ferguson Pastie and a stubby of Heineken. Oh my car will be the one with the Dees flag on the roof rack.  

I seriously did this and only had one comment though a few looked strangely at me. 
The comment came from an Asian lady of middle age who said to “ I assume your team won” then we both laughed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There are a lot of people who have not got any recognition for the work they did with the club to get this premiership like Roos, PJ, Taylor, Mahoney, Lewis, Tyson, Vince and Cross who allowed the club to stop the bleeding and begin the rebuild in a orderly fashion. 

• Like 7

Can anyone lip read ?

After Brayshaw kicked his goal he walked back to the wing with Langdon and it’s clear on the replay he says something to Ed. To me it looked like he said “ I’m fu__ed”. 

The more I watch the replay the more I fall in love with Gus and I didn’t think it was possible.  After playing predominantly as a defensive winger I think he was given a little more license to attack since the Cats R23 clash. His last quarter was pivotal that night, finals series was excellent and he was just brilliant on Premiership night. Just reminded a few that Top 3 picks don’t grow on trees. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

I hope their risk assessment included a month in jail. The WA government is jailing 1 in 6 CoVID breaches. This is the most high profile.

Reckon its more than a month if the alleged dodgy NT drivers licences is true. Conspiracy. 6 months and $10k?

4 minutes ago, Mono said:

Reckon its more than a month if the alleged dodgy NT drivers licences is true. Conspiracy. 6 months and $10k?

It may be wishful thinking but would like the club to condone their actions (after the Court has made their decision).

The players sacrificed and weren't able to have family/partners around to share the experience. 

Our fanbase dreamed of this moment and those in Melbourne/Sydney had to watch from their homes.

They'll laugh off any pecuniary punishment, so wonder how tough the Courts will be about potential jail time. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, durango said:

I just now look at the Stats from the game and Bulldogs had 280 (207 Kicks 173 Handballs) disposals to Demons 266 (206 Kicks 160 Handballs) and we won by 74 points usually the discepancy is 50+ disposals to the victors.

I had a discussion with the stats people mant years ago and said them what is the most important stat in a game of football and they quoted everything except the score which proves to me that they are maths wiz's and know nothing about the game.

Ray Jordan and I had a discussion back in the 1980's and we agreed that scoreboard pressure was one of the most important stat of a game.

Dogs over possess the footy. Lots of dinky handballs. 

We play the Richmond-esque bomb it long style.

2 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

I hope their risk assessment included a month in jail. The WA government is jailing 1 in 6 CoVID breaches. This is the most high profile.

Only themselves to blame if they didn't. 

Doesn't look good for them.....

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

It's a complete stab in the guts for all of us eastern and southern supporters who are locked down and could not get to the game.

I couldn't imagine what families of the players who missed out they'd be feeling when seeing this.

This ain't a laughing matter.

Doesn't matter if i laugh or cry. They took a chance and got dobbed in.

What happens from here is because of their choices, nobody else's. 

2 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

I've spent the last couple of days wondering whether we'd have won the flag if Petty hadn't turned out to be the asset he was once he had to step in for Tomlinson. He was a massive win for the team maintaining it's structure.

yes it worked out so well for us. Thomlinson went down, then later in the season Hunt. Many people here were bagging Petty who had a poor debut 2 years ago, and I thought geez we don't give young players hope if they stuff up. He was a slow burn for the first 3 weeks just doing his job, then he ramped it up e.g the Port game and became a strong force at times. By the end of the season May was having the luxury to play a more free role to be used as an outlet much like on grand final day.

Interestingly when Petty was recruited we weren't looking for tall backs Taylor was saying, we had a few but were after runners.  Taylor said Petty drifted to our pick in the mid 30s and he thought we have to take him, he's too good. much like Jackson, most thought its not what we need at the time, but he went on gut I reckon.

With Hunt, lets not forget our biggest trouble down back was small forwards right up till this year. That problem almost disappeared with Hunt playing within his limitations and using his speed defensively. Then he went down and I thought we are in trouble, but what are the odds of a first year debutant in Bowey coming in and filling the void. Hunt had taken years to develop down back. and Bowey, wow, he was very good in his 3 finals.

That depth won us a premiership. Jason Taylor take a massive bow.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Only themselves to blame if they didn't. 

Doesn't look good for them.....

I just heard on the radio they are to be retained in custody until their court date in 2 weeks. That’s a fair commitment of time, along with the fine they’ll get. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stretch Johnson said:

When we were in control our midfield dominance was unstoppable.

Which was fortunate as they were not able to exploit the May situation.  He was out of the contest if the ball hit the ground.

English also beat Petty when he got a run at it, but he couldn't capitalise.

They were just starved of supply when we dominated, and when the ball did come into their arc it did so on our terms.

That is how we succeed : strangle like a boa constrictor then slice up like Jack the Ripper

2 hours ago, Allus Monk said:

Maxy didn't have his usual influence either, other than staying out of Jackson's way!

But didn’t Jacko announce himself.  An extra 100k on his next contract - and I hope they sign him up for a decade really soon. 

1 hour ago, Mono said:

And that would cost them their liquor license and thus their business.  Hope they think it was worthwhile 

1 hour ago, roy11 said:

It may be wishful thinking but would like the club to condone their actions (after the Court has made their decision).

The players sacrificed and weren't able to have family/partners around to share the experience. 

Our fanbase dreamed of this moment and those in Melbourne/Sydney had to watch from their homes.

They'll laugh off any pecuniary punishment, so wonder how tough the Courts will be about potential jail time. 

Did you mean condemn?

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Dogs over possess the footy. Lots of dinky handballs. 

We play the Richmond-esque bomb it long style.

And a lot of those were throws, unpenalised.  Once the cake was iced I stopped yelling about them but when the game was on I was getting very angry. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roy11 said:

They should be stripped of their membership. Lifetime ban, even. Decent jail time and huge fine. This is the absolute height of selfishness. What makes these two [censored] think they’re so special??? It’s one thing to attend the grand final illegally, but to get to meet and hug the players and Goody afterwards in the rooms… sheer arrogance. And stupidity; for had they been satisfied just to be there to see the game, and not gone into the rooms afterwards, they might’ve got away with it. 
I detest bottom-feeders like these two soooo much. 

And I know I sound melodramatic and a little overwrought but I don’t care if that’s how I come across. I’m ropable over these entitled bastards. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 6
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I just heard on the radio they are to be retained in custody until their court date in 2 weeks. That’s a fair commitment of time, along with the fine they’ll get. 

Ouch. 

Hope they got their fill grand final night.

What about 16.4 to 1.1. It was magnificent.  45 minutes of footy heaven for us Dees fanatics.  

Daisy Pearce is a genius. We just needed the next goal to try to seize back some momentum.  And we did. And she noted Trac attempt at keeping the ball in play as a sign. 

But what an avalanche it was.  All the way to 🏆🏆🏆glory

• Like 1
  • Love 1