PF: Melbourne vs Geelong

Demonland

1 minute ago, binman said:

ANB would change the balance. Is a key player, not least because there isn't really a clear replacement for his role with his aerobic capacity 

Yup I’m  hoping he restricts Tuohys  game this week. He had massive game fir them last week I thought. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

What's there to be nervous about? We win - brilliant. We don't - the sun still comes up on Saturday. Us supporters have 0 influence over the result. No point worrying about what one cannot control. We are going to win anyway.

I'm sorry, but my red undies, red socks, dark blue trackies, royal blue superman t-shirt and home made red & blue beanie (thanks MIL) beg to differ.

Stuck with that same combo all season  😎  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Simples.....We are in quarantine.  We can't have contact with outsiders.  So in order to run full match practice we have taken the whole squad.  So Hore, Majak, Chandler, Jones, Bradtke etc are all there. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spalding said:

I can’t think of anyone I don’t consider a key player these days. God we have come a long way! 

Bowey isn’t that key in that he can be replaced by Hunt.

Smith isn’t that key in that he can be replaced by Hibberd.

Sparrow isn’t that key in that he can be replaced by Jordon (albeit in different roles but should get similar output)

A severely out of form T Mac can be replaced by Weid. (A moderately inform TMac would be missed though)

Even Harmes isn’t that key in that he isn’t the most accountable mid (was he on Neale?) and is prone to sloppy disposal.

I won’t lose any sleep if any of those 5 are out.

45 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

I can reveal there is an injury to a player in the 22 and therefore there will be a forced change. It isn't a key player and won't change the balance greatly. 

Considering some still question what ANB brings to the table and are apparently happy to trade away Brayshaw and/or Sparrow I'm not sure a subjective opinion on an anonymous forum is going to appease too many here.

If it's true....

51 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

I can reveal there is an injury to a player in the 22 and therefore there will be a forced change. It isn't a key player and won't change the balance greatly. 

You may have some mail and it then turns to be correct but this post adds no value to the supporters in here, actually it's the opposite

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

You may have some mail and it then turns to be correct but this post adds no value to the supporters in here, actually it's the opposite

Would agree for most posters.

But Dannyz has impeccable mail. 

1 hour ago, Dannyz said:

While your posts are elite, this is just another example of pointless clout chasing. I mean if you know something then why not name the player?

Does Hunt get a game? I think yes replacing Smith I think he could handle Rohan. Lever on Rategolia May on Hawkins and Petty on Cameron.

4 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I’ve been pretty calm thus far but I’m just watching Trac on 360

FMD. The nethers are starting to tingle

Damn, been so busy at work, sounds like I’m missing out, need to watch this 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I’ve been pretty calm thus far but I’m just watching Trac on 360

FMD. The nethers are starting to tingle

Jack Riewoldt in the end..

How special was that? He's fully on board the Dees band wagon for the rest of the year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dannyz said:

Anyone in our best 22 is a key player

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Jack Riewoldt in the end..

How special was that? He's fully on board the Dees band wagon for the rest of the year.

If there’s a link somewhere can anyone post it please?

• Like 1

I reckon we need the whole squad to get through the two games.

Geelong will come out quite prepared to intimidate a few of our players. Injure a few of the key s and make the new boys tentative.

Port will play the same crash or crash through hoping that their battle hardened older bodies will break the young demons.

protect our keys by sacrificing some of our fringe players. 

They will all be rewarded with the flag this year and selection in next years winning team

2 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Another point to add to the mix when considering what Round 23 says about the prelim.

When Geelong hit 44 points up, the scoreline was 11.2.68 to 3.6.24.

So that was 13 scoring shots to 9.

Four more scoring shots does not often equate to a 44 point lead. But it did that night.

So much of what they did in the second quarter just...worked. We were off, sure, but they could not have capitalised any more. They didn't miss a shot on goal, the ball bounced the right way (literally, for the Cameron goal in the goalsquare), frees went their way both in terms of what was paid and what wasn't (e.g. Dangerfield running very close to the limit, if not beyond, twice in succession).

I'd argue that, 9 times out of 10 (or more), Geelong wouldn't get up to a 44 point lead with the amount of time we spent "off".

Agreed.  especially when you add in the Kardinia Park home round factor.  Easy to score from the centre and no width.

The Cats will have nowhere to hide at Optus.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dpositive said:

I reckon we need the whole squad to get through the two games.

Geelong will come out quite prepared to intimidate a few of our players. Injure a few of the key s and make the new boys tentative.

Port will play the same crash or crash through hoping that their battle hardened older bodies will break the young demons.

protect our keys by sacrificing some of our fringe players. 

They will all be rewarded with the flag this year and selection in next years winning team

Intimidate or crash how? This isn’t the 80 ‘s where the biff behind the play was rife. I am sure our key players are big and strong enough to endure the rigours of modern AFL football, especially anything thrown at them by Geelong, Port or the Bulldogs.

• Like 1