GAMEDAY: Rd 21 v West Coast

Whispering_Jack

1 hour ago, OhMyDees said:

Realistically they’ve got a full squad minus Luke Shuey…

MFCSS hitting hard that with everything to play for we’ll [censor] the bed. That said, we brought the heat to the Eagles at Optus in Round 22 of 2018 and I think we’re a good chance if we do the same tonight. 

They're missing Ryan and Barrass, too.

We have to expect them to come out all guns blazing tonight in an attempt to atone for their poor performance last week. If we're not switched on early and they jump us, we might find it hard to pull them back. But if we can weather any early storm, and hopefully get a quick break on them, I'll be much more confident.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What??? Unless Ethan is a WA cop who clearly hates the Dees (coz only a hater would post that), it wasn’t him. 

Unless you mean it was Ethan who responded to that tweet brilliantly by saying something to the effect of “you (WA cops) should’ve been this diligent and reactive re the Eagles drug-fuelled premiership year, 2006.” I’ve totally butchered that as I’m going by memory. I’d look it up for quoting purposes but can’t bring myself to read that exchange ever again. 
#theHurtisReal

No, I mean I think Ethan is a police officer in WA and with his sense of humour I could envisage him posting it.

2 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

No, I mean I think Ethan is a police officer in WA and with his sense of humour I could envisage him posting it.

I don't think anybody had a sense of humour that day LFS. If it was me, I would have posted it out of pure hatred.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, In Harmes Way said:

I don't think anybody had a sense of humour that day LFS. If it was me, I would have posted it out of pure hatred.

I too am still disgusted by that game. Really hope we atone for it tonight and go back on top.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

I get what you mean about his sense of humour, but surely that’s overstepping the line, even for Ethan. Fans of other clubs  may’ve found it funny; I’d find it funny had it been another club, but that wasn’t funny. To me, anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan Trembley said:

Just looked at the ladder and saw that if we win this against the rabble that is West Coast we’ll be half a game on top of the ladder. Time to put the foot down and switch on. Eagles by 37. 

Funny isn't it, the Eagles have played some real bad footy over the past month, they seem to be completely underdone, injuries all season and players don't look like they want to be out there.  Flip side Melbourne besides switching off against a couple of the  bottom sides have had a dominate year with little injuries, but we as supporters have little confidence that we will win a game that is ours for the taking.  

We have seen this to much in the past, a game that means a lot we just don't turn up for, fingers crossed we don't miss this opportunity.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

On board Jaded, time to put the 2018 prelim to bed once and for all 3 years after the event.

And to gIve those $#@$ more reason to boo.

Geez I have really developed a dislike to eagles fans.

Edited by leave it to deever

From John’s weather channel:

A pair of cold fronts are causing a wild and wintry start to the week in southwestern Australia, with damaging winds, hail and snow all on the cards during the next two days.

The first of two cold fronts swept over the southwest of WA early on Sunday night into Monday morning, producing squally showers and wind gusts of up to 94 km/h at Cape Leeuwin and Rottnest Island.

This front is now weakening as it moves to the east, although another system is approaching from the west.

A second and stronger cold front will charge across the southwest of WA from Monday afternoon into the evening, bringing another round of showers, small hail and potentially damaging winds.

Wind gusts could reach around 100km/h with showers or thunderstorms on Monday afternoon and night, most likely to the south of Bunbury and west of Albany. Abnormally high tides and damaging surf are also likely along the coasts in this region, which could cause localised flooding and beach erosion.

A cold air mass will then surge across southwestern Australia in the wake of the two fronts, delivering small hail and possibly a dusting of snow on the peaks of the Stirling Range on Tuesday.

Perth will see frequent showers during the first two days of this week and should only reach about 15ºC on Tuesday, which is four degrees below average for this time of year. This wet and wintry weather won't give umbrellas much of a chance to dry out after the city's wettest July in 26 years.

Www.weatherzone.com.ah

29 minutes ago, Ethan Trembley said:

Just looked at the ladder and saw that if we win this against the rabble that is West Coast we’ll be half a game on top of the ladder. Time to put the foot down and switch on. Eagles by 37. 

Make sure to wear a mask tonight Et.

You dont want to catch mad eagle fan disease.

Against the bulldogs one of the big things that cost us dearly was we didn’t take our chances early. We had some relatively straight forward opportunities at goal that were missed while they pulled some flukey ones out their [censored]. Scoreboard pressure is the best kind of pressure. We get goals on the board it shuts up the crowd and builds confidence. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

A golden opportunity for revenge after the Prelim humiliation. Let’s show the world how far we’ve come since then and why 2021 is different to 2018. 
We need to start off strongly to shut their dumb booing fans out. A Monday night, rain and poor form hopefully means a less than full house. 

So looking forward to this game.

In the prelim we had no

Lever

May

Petty

Langdon

Jackson

Fritta

Bb

Kozzie.

Go Dees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strange how the past few weeks (except last week). Melbourne get the wet and rainy conditions and the rest of the comp gets dry weather. Surely we should be used to playing in the wet by now

22 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

From John’s weather channel:

A pair of cold fronts are causing a wild and wintry start to the week in southwestern Australia, with damaging winds, hail and snow all on the cards during the next two days.

The first of two cold fronts swept over the southwest of WA early on Sunday night into Monday morning, producing squally showers and wind gusts of up to 94 km/h at Cape Leeuwin and Rottnest Island.

This front is now weakening as it moves to the east, although another system is approaching from the west.

A second and stronger cold front will charge across the southwest of WA from Monday afternoon into the evening, bringing another round of showers, small hail and potentially damaging winds.

Wind gusts could reach around 100km/h with showers or thunderstorms on Monday afternoon and night, most likely to the south of Bunbury and west of Albany. Abnormally high tides and damaging surf are also likely along the coasts in this region, which could cause localised flooding and beach erosion.

A cold air mass will then surge across southwestern Australia in the wake of the two fronts, delivering small hail and possibly a dusting of snow on the peaks of the Stirling Range on Tuesday.

Perth will see frequent showers during the first two days of this week and should only reach about 15ºC on Tuesday, which is four degrees below average for this time of year. This wet and wintry weather won't give umbrellas much of a chance to dry out after the city's wettest July in 26 years.

Www.weatherzone.com.ah

Snow?

Im sure its the end of the world..

5 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

Word going round McDonald is a late out.

I’m not 100% how true it is

Given the weather it's not the worst out.

I would suggest bringing in JJ and playing a smaller forwardline with Jackson spending more time at CHF.

• Like 2