Round 16/17/18/19 fixtures

The AFL is leaving it a bit late to release the fixtures for these rounds. My tips are:

Melbourne v GWS - Saturday 3 July (night)

Port Adelaide v Melbourne - Friday 9 July (night)

Melbourne v Hawthorn - Sunday 18 July (3.20pm)

Melbourne v Gold Coast - Saturday 24 July (4.40pm)

I really have no idea though. Thoughts?

• Haha 1

Just now, Northern Summer said:

The AFL is leaving it a bit late to release the fixtures for these rounds. My tips are:

Melbourne v GWS - Saturday 3 July (night)

Port Adelaide v Melbourne - Friday 9 July (night)

Melbourne v Hawthorn - Sunday 18 July (3.20pm)

Melbourne v Gold Coast - Saturday 24 July (4.40pm)

I really have no idea though. Thoughts?

Wish they would hurry up. I want to book accommodation for the Gold Coast game.  Your prediction would be only be slightly improved with a 2.20 start for us on the Saturday. Would get to an earlier sitting at the Teppan after the game. Sunday afternoon would be fairly disastrous. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Hopefully Metricon at a sensible family friendly hour so I can take my 6yo eldest (massive Petracca and Lever fan) to his first Dees game up the road. Otherwise it’s me and Brownieeeeee (you’re the designated drive brownie?)

Hoping for Saturday arvo as up from Hobart that weekend.

• Like 1

A bit of deduction can be used to narrow things down a bit.

In Round 17 we play Port. No other games are as big as that one (there's Bulldogs v Sydney and Richmond v Collingwood). So I'd say we'll be Friday night (or Thursday night).

Working backwards, you'd hope that means we're not on the Sunday the week before, to avoid a five-day break. But there are two MCG games (Collingwood v St Kilda is the other) so unless one's a Thursday or Friday night, they have to be Saturday and Sunday. I'd expect us to be Saturday, not Sunday. Question is then whether we're day or night. This week we're night vs Essendon, so we might be the day game vs GWS, otherwise it's a lot of Melbourne on FTA (no complaints from me of course).

Round 18 vs Hawthorn there are three MCG games so again, unless there is a Thursday night, these need to be spaced. Richmond v Brisbane a good chance for the Friday night, but Collingwood v Carlton could be a Sunday afternoon as they play in that timeslot a bit. We'll be shuffled around those but I expect either Saturday 1.45pm or Sunday 3.20pm.

Round 19 away to GC will almost certainly be Saturday twilight or night. They play nearly all GC home games in those timeslots.

Round 20 vs the Dogs could be another Friday night, not much competition for prime time that round (Essendon v Sydney, Fremantle v Richmond). 

Round 21 vs West Coast I'd pick for Saturday night. There are three Marvel games so one has to be Friday night (I doubt they'll be doing Thursdays by then) - probably Bulldogs v Essendon will be Friday.

Round 22 vs Adelaide will be Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Then Round 23 will come down to critical ladder positioning games I reckon. But there are again three Marvel games so one will have to be Friday night, meaning we won't be (unless there's a Thursday night). I'd expect Bulldogs v Port for the Friday night, leaving us for maybe Saturday night.

I'll probably get none of these guesses right though.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

In Round 17 we play Port. No other games are as big as that one (there's Bulldogs v Sydney and Richmond v Collingwood). So I'd say we'll be Friday night (or Thursday night).

Working backwards, you'd hope that means we're not on the Sunday the week before, to avoid a five-day break. But there are two MCG games (Collingwood v St Kilda is the other) so unless one's a Thursday or Friday night, they have to be Saturday and Sunday. I'd expect us to be Saturday, not Sunday. Question is then whether we're day or night. This week we're night vs Essendon, so we might be the day game vs GWS, otherwise it's a lot of Melbourne on FTA (no complaints from me of course).

Round 18 vs Hawthorn there are three MCG games so again, unless there is a Thursday night, these need to be spaced. Richmond v Brisbane a good chance for the Friday night, but Collingwood v Carlton could be a Sunday afternoon as they play in that timeslot a bit. We'll be shuffled around those but I expect either Saturday 1.45pm or Sunday 3.20pm.

Round 19 away to GC will almost certainly be Saturday twilight or night. They play nearly all GC home games in those timeslots.

Round 20 vs the Dogs could be another Friday night, not much competition for prime time that round (Essendon v Sydney, Fremantle v Richmond). 

Round 21 vs West Coast I'd pick for Saturday night. There are three Marvel games so one has to be Friday night (I doubt they'll be doing Thursdays by then) - probably Bulldogs v Essendon will be Friday.

Then Round 23 will come down to critical ladder positioning games I reckon. But there are again three Marvel games so one will have to be Friday night, meaning we won't be (unless there's a Thursday night). I'd expect Bulldogs v Port for the Friday night, leaving us for maybe Saturday night.

It would take me 6 hours to dream all that up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Hoping for Saturday arvo as up from Hobart that weekend.

Not able to check it ATM but from memory all events scheduled at Metricon for 2021 are on their site with date and time.

15 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Can’t complain with your logic. All looks pretty reasonable to me.

16 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

I'd be amazed if Dees V Dogs isn't on Friday night, and I reckon you could pretty much put that in the diary with certainty...unless we fall off the cliff over the next month.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FireInTheBennelly said:

Same. I reckon titan needs to loosen_up

Living up to his name, being [censored]-retentive (jk Titan) ? - a nal gets censored?? ??

Edited by hardtack
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

The annual ‘Country Game’ is in pole position for the marquee timeslot in what will be the Bombers’ first trip down the highway since 1993.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh, so a "road trip for the ages" is just Essendon playing down in Geelong like we do every single bloody year ?

Every Victorian team should be made to do the trip over a period of 3-4 years. It’s a disgrace that the “big teams” have escaped it for decades. Next up to go down the highway: Pies and Hawks. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

The Essendon fapfest in the media is unbearable at the moment.

Enjoy it - better on them than showering us in bath water and it’ll make it all the more enjoyable if they fall in a heap

Then we can hear all these moronic stories about how David King and Journo X was “burnt” by the bombers - whatever that means