GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

faultydet

7 minutes ago, siam juntaRus said:

Good! You can take one back with you to Nth Qld if you like. They probably havent got such luxuries up there with the crocs. 

Thx I would but I only have carry on baggage.  Mightlook a tad peculiar.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’ve had five cigarettes and three cups of coffee for breakfast. 
It must be gameday.

? ????

A well balanced breakfast WCW. Let's hope your lunch is just as good . You need to be at your peak for 3.00 pm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Kent said:

Didnt Sparrow play yesterday?

Yep, close to BOG. Jetta and Mitch Brown up there as well. Brown probably won it for us with goals late in the game. Beat Geelong by a point. They steadied it really well late in the game to get the win. Poor kicking at goal almost cost us.

So Sparrow won't be playing today and Petracca ran through a full session yesterday with no problems evidently.

The one thing I want from this home and away season is to never have to worry about percentage at all for once. 

Just keep banking the points boys.

拿走-take-away.gif

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Geez you keep some ordinary company mate, first Port supporters and now this!? we might be on our way to the first ever Demonland intervention!

You might be right... I once married an Essendon supporter!

49 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

In the supermarket and a halfwit in a Carlton beanie says to me, “youse are gonna lose today and you know why? Coz youse never play good against Colt’n.”

I didn’t reply. I just wondered, “who ties your shoelaces for you?” ?

Hey, can you hear that? It’s the sound of Darwin rolling in his grave. ?

Lol.  Funniest thing I've had all morning.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Melbourne by 42. 

Kozzie to kick 5. 

Max Gawn to return to his best form and give Carlton a beard bath. 

arm wrestle in the first half, then Dees run away with it. 

Zac Williams to earn his money and get 10 touches today.

A beard bath.  Lol.

Loving the comedic light relief on D'land here this morning.

I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young, but you're gonna die
I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya, Satan get ya

Hells bells
Hells bells, you got me ringing
Hells bells, my temperature's high
Hells bells

GO DEES

• Love 1

Expecting to get a good win 40+, but we need to get a good start against the Blues, feel we've been a little slow in recent weeks with our starts. For a team that is 8-0 we have done enough to win most games, but only really had one convincing win (scorewise) given that the hawks were right with us for 3 quarters

Just now, Ouch! said:

Expecting to get a good win 40+, but we need to get a good start against the Blues, feel we've been a little slow in recent weeks with our starts. For a team that is 8-0 we have done enough to win most games, but only really had one convincing win (scorewise) given that the hawks were right with us for 3 quarters

Carlton could be with us for 3 quarters as well like they did with the bulldogs, however I still expect to win by 40+

A win wil depend on how much the backline are switched on. They have been very good this year but in todays game they may clear it easy out of the centre and provide their forwards with heaps of chances. i would put a hard tag on walsh.

13 minutes ago, Grapeviney said:

I’m so confident these days I don’t even bother to check who we’re playing.

Are our opponents today any good? 

To be fair, we’re still yet to beat a team above us on the ladder. 

Need to remain humble mate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FritschyBusiness said:

Carlton could be with us for 3 quarters as well like they did with the bulldogs, however I still expect to win by 40+

I watched that game, I think that was more indicative of the doggies not switching on till late. 

The key difference between us and the doggies is obviously our defensive lines, the doggies couldn't really handle McKay, we have more options.  we are much better defensively than the blues, and I don't think McKay will get the freedom that he got last week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Last week Fritta was quite though.  Was that a result of 3, or was it just that Sydney decided they needed to play a lockdown job on him after he kicked the bag the week before?

There are going to be Carlton lockdowns on players. I am sceptical that Carlton have enough suitable players to provide lockdowns for a whole game against the Dees. Their prime movers around the ground will already have their hands full attempting to earn a kick, feed a pass, score a goal, etc, etc. That leaves their young 'uns to do the heavy work, the dirty work, the perilously tiring work of tagging contributing Dees.

Dees to win quarters 2, 3 and 4, notching up a scoring spree to finish the game by a 40 points margin.

• Like 2

Gerard on 360 said that May needed the scalp of McKay today in order to be seen as sitting alongside Andrews, Moore and Weitering in the elite fullback club.

Although that is garbage as he already sits comfortably alongside them, and it’s one game, if that’s what he and others need to allow him into the elite club then so be it.

I’ll take a win and Maysie giving Harry a nice bath.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I hope the boys got up this morning and saw that we are not 1st on the ladder anymore and decided this level of mediocrity just won’t do anymore. 

Yes, we need to be intent on protecting that bit of real estate, that we’ve worked so diligently to earn.

It would be so nice to win by 130 points today and end David Teagues coaching career, be nice to be on the other side of that for once 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1