Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

CHANGES: Rd 04 vs Geelong



Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Melksham will come in for Sparrow. Sparrow then used as the medical sub.

If this is so it is an absolute disgrace!! Period. Melksham offers zero pressure, has no form, an outs a player who has done EVERYTHING RIGHT!!

I will be thoroughly peeesrd of if this occurs> FFS Goody make him earn it!!?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, picket fence said:

If this is so it is an absolute disgrace!! Period. Melksham offers zero pressure, has no form, an outs a player who has done EVERYTHING RIGHT!!

I will be thoroughly peeesrd of if this occurs> FFS Goody make him earn it!!?

I understand this post.

If melk is in for sparrow I believe it will come from view that he will increase our scoreboard pressure. He is more likely to kick goals than Sparrow who is still learning.

Yea melk was poor last year lets be honest but so were a few others.

At his best he was a sharpshooter who plays tall.

Sparrows been good but not on fire. Hes young.

With tmac being quiet last week i guess melk makes more sense.

lll trust the club and wait and see.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


If Melksham comes in for Sparrow I will have a [censored] attack. Melksham avoids the hard ball and won't chase. Sparrow goes for it but is still young so the more games the better. Oh hang on isn't Melksham one of Goodies essendon mates ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dl4e said:

If Melksham comes in for Sparrow I will have a [censored] attack. Melksham avoids the hard ball and won't chase. Sparrow goes for it but is still young so the more games the better. Oh hang on isn't Melksham one of Goodies essendon mates ?

Just coincidence I am sure!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I understand this post.

If melk is in for sparrow I believe it will come from view that he will increase our scoreboard pressure. He is more likely to kick goals than Sparrow who is still learning.

Yea melk was poor last year lets be honest but so were a few others.

At his best he was a sharpshooter who plays tall.

Sparrows been good but not on fire. Hes young.

With tmac being quiet last week i guess melk makes more sense.

lll trust the club and wait and see.

I dont

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

geez that's harsh on jones

some of his i50 passing - i can think of one to jackson in particular - has been first rate

Some of Jones' evasion from packs in possession of the ball have also been first rate and set up good plays. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Melksham is coming back from injury, is underdone and has not played at all this season, plus was poor last season . HOW he can be considered is fantasyland stuff.Sparrow is hard at it fierce and has done that has been asked 

No Brainer he stays

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Melksham is coming back from injury, is underdone and has not played at all this season, plus was poor last season . HOW he can be considered is fantasyland stuff.Sparrow is hard at it fierce and has done that has been asked 

No Brainer he stays

Totally agree. I can't see how Melksham has earned a game.

He was incredibly lazy last year. Couldn't understand how he ended up captain at one point.

What message does it send to a young bloke like Sparrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Totally agree. I can't see how Melksham has earned a game.

He was incredibly lazy last year. Couldn't understand how he ended up captain at one point.

What message does it send to a young bloke like Sparrow.

Get more of the pill?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big no to Jake "zero tackles" Snake for mine.  Today's forward game revolves so much around pressure and we can't afford to bring someone in who brings the complete opposite and allows the opp to waltz out of the back line under little or no pressure.

Hopefully Dazzle's sauce is a bit off on this one as it would send a terrible message through the entire team.

About the only change for this week for mine, which probably won't happen anyway, is Hibb for Jetta.

Edited by Rusty Nails
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, adonski said:

The 'no changes to a winning side' mantra is so strange. If you can make the side better, you do.

I believe the idea is that making no changes makes the side better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Lets win this one for Prince Philip, its what he would have wanted.

To think that when he watched the granny in '64 from his throne, that would be the last time he'd ever witness his beloved demons win a premiership.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rnd 1, April 5th 1970 Richmond v Fitrroy was the last time the Royals, including the late Prince Philip, attended/watched the footy live i believe.

It was the first ever Sunday match, scheduled to accomodate the visit, which included an extra long 40 minute half time break to allow for a calvalcade and on ground player introductions.

Swooper Northey was in the Tiger's squad that day and stated the players were more interested in meeting the Royals than the game itself!

20210410_012538.thumb.jpg.96206d3df40ddadfbb87c60a8e2a86ce.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Rnd 1, April 5th 1970 Richmond v Fitrroy was the last time the Royals, including the late Prince Philip, attended/watched the footy live i believe.

It was the first ever Sunday match, scheduled to accomodate the visit, which included an extra long 40 minute half time break to allow for a calvalcade and on ground player introductions.

Swooper Northey was in the Tiger's squad that day and stated the players were more interested in meeting the Royals than the game itself!

20210410_012538.thumb.jpg.96206d3df40ddadfbb87c60a8e2a86ce.jpg

He doesn't look a day over 85 there.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So glad many Demonlanders aren’t selectors.. holy heck lol ?‍♂️ 
 

Changes should be:

Melksham for Jones (desp need some class and finishing. Best f50 entry kick we have apart from maybe Gus atm). Chunk been ok, strength has been good and had key moments in games, but lacks polish.

Hibberd for Jetta - NOT What on earth would Nev be dropped for? Seriously.. wow

Hibberd into sub spot: Flex is theme here so on first look pig doesn’t give us that, but after quick analysis he actually does. Can go to wing, do a tag role, or go back and release Rivers or Hunt fwd to mix things up. 
 

Rosman into emergency/sub mix 


Changes actually (likely) be:

Melksham into the Sub

OR

Melksham in for Chunk  

Chandler/Baker in for Sparrow 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nudge said:

So glad many Demonlanders aren’t selectors.. holy heck lol ?‍♂️ 
 

Changes should be:

Melksham for Jones (desp need some class and finishing. Best f50 entry kick we have apart from maybe Gus atm). Chunk been ok, strength has been good and had key moments in games, but lacks polish.

Hibberd for Jetta - NOT What on earth would Nev be dropped for? Seriously.. wow

Hibberd into sub spot: Flex is theme here so on first look pig doesn’t give us that, but after quick analysis he actually does. Can go to wing, do a tag role, or go back and release Rivers or Hunt fwd to mix things up. 
 

Rosman into emergency/sub mix 


Changes actually (likely) be:

Melksham into the Sub

OR

Melksham in for Chunk  

Chandler/Baker in for Sparrow 

 

 

You're first sentence was spot on then the rest of it confirmed the first sentence.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, picket fence said:

I dont

I want Sparrow S he will do the 1% ers and put his body in the line.

The Melk of 2018 yes but it's 2021 and a new breed is Leading us up the ladder.

No change yet !  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, durango said:

Sometimes players like Melksham or Hibberd need to win back their spots on the team after just cruising for the last couple of years and that their spot on the list is in jeopardy they will do the hard yards to win back respect from their teammates.

I believe the current teams needs Harmes, Hibberd, Melksham, Brown Vanbenberg and Weideman capturing their best form then we are a chance to win the ultimate team prize in football.

On the contrary Durango we will run the flag if by after the bye we start introducing BBB as FF, Bowey or Locky for BP, Petty in the regular 23 and Rosman when he earns it into the mix.

Weid  May challenge And be in the team but Jacko does so much more in the ruck and round the ground inc. up forward. A wonderful spare parts player is LJ and he enables Gawny to freelance back or forward!

Thats the team That will challenge and Laurie may also be near AFL standard as well by then. 
 

Faster more skilful with all bases covered. A real dip in 2021 is not out of the question if we maintain our good traits on show so far this season.

Lets enjoy the ride!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Big no to Jake "zero tackles" Snake for mine.  Today's forward game revolves so much around pressure and we can't afford to bring someone in who brings the complete opposite and allows the opp to waltz out of the back line under little or no pressure.

Hopefully Dazzle's sauce is a bit off on this one as it would send a terrible message through the entire team.

About the only change for this week for mine, which probably won't happen anyway, is Hibb for Jetta.

Another one of Goody’s Essendon mates. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

He doesn't look a day over 85 there.

Pretty sure that"s a Fitzroy official DA.  I'd be surprised if he was still on the board at 85 as well!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Another one of Goody’s Essendon mates. ?

Well if he makes the cut into a perfect start team without even having to prove his form in the Mcgoos i would say he is a VERY Goody Essendon mate CBD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ELECTRIFYING by George On The Outer

    What more can they throw at the Demons of 2021? Covid restrictions, hubs, aircraft circling between airports before landing for games and now a match stopped for 30 minutes to give a flagging opponent its second wind? To date, none of those distractions has swayed the team from their winning objectives. The game against West Coast in Perth can be marked on their report card as another positive outcome after yet another test. There was much at stake for both sides.  Melbourne had t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY by Whispering Jack

    When the combatants that are due to face off on Monday night at Optus Stadium last met, it was 11 days after the World Health Organization had declared the Covid19 outbreak a global pandemic. In Australia, the first cases had just come to light, including visiting US actors Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, the toilet paper panic was in full flight and the world was starting to reel in anticipation of impending disaster. Half an hour before this last game of the opening round was due to comme

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...