Free Kick Differential 2021

Demonland

4 minutes ago, tiers said:

Re; Clarrie's treatment.

Arms around the waist in the goal square is paid as a free kick even when there is no interference or impedence. What a laugh.

Arms around the waist that do impede Clarrie from  running to a ball up of throw in is not considered to be worthy of a free kick. With three umpires on the field it surely must be visible to one at least. Time for S Hocking to fix this up.

Hocking to fix it! Maybe next week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demonland said:

I smell FREE KICK GEELONG coming up.

170421028_1873539859486900_9103270758352

On fairness re Geelong, this is hardly surprising given their coach defends poor acts from his team, e.g. Dangerfield's bump, Rohan's strike, and then engages with opposition players.

Just watching the Dogs and Lions. Dogs are up on the free count at halftime. "Critical Frees" ie. paid in favour of the Dogs in their forward 50 arc and against the Lions in their forward 50 arc. Critical free award or denial will definitely change the result of a game. 

Also appears to be several blatant frees not paid to Lions. Cant help but think the AFL has some sort of master plan. Just not sure what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

#freekickmelbourne

178594467_1888345014673051_8141998124981

It’s funny how things go your way when you attack the footy and have confidence 

the Tigers played the man all night and paid for it

• Like 3

does this mean that we have officially arrived?

Most favoured team status is something I could get to like.

Just need umpire No 22 and No 4 to get with the programme

• Like 2

I’m not surprised to see where up the pointy end and it’s interesting to think that most of the top clubs in previous years have tended to be up there. It’s because quality players force the opposition to go harder at the man which forces free kicks. The tigers lost their heads big time towards the end of the match and aside from Clarry’s flop I can’t recall there being a lot of really soft calls that went our way. Kozzie’s was 100% fair, Kozzie bumped back into him to get separation and the tigers player copped him high. The deliberate for Nibbler’s amazing snap was harsh but they paid it that way all night. The commentary were harsh on second the Nibbler free kick but he very clearly got him over the shoulder.

I actually didn’t think the umpiring was bad this week, it’s just excruciating to hear them constantly yell “stand” for the mark. Particularly one umpire who sounds like his voice has been digitally modified to sound lower. 

3 minutes ago, Pates said:

I’m not surprised to see where up the pointy end and it’s interesting to think that most of the top clubs in previous years have tended to be up there. It’s because quality players force the opposition to go harder at the man which forces free kicks. The tigers lost their heads big time towards the end of the match and aside from Clarry’s flop I can’t recall there being a lot of really soft calls that went our way. Kozzie’s was 100% fair, Kozzie bumped back into him to get separation and the tigers player copped him high. The deliberate for Nibbler’s amazing snap was harsh but they paid it that way all night. The commentary were harsh on second the Nibbler free kick but he very clearly got him over the shoulder.

I actually didn’t think the umpiring was bad this week, it’s just excruciating to hear them constantly yell “stand” for the mark. Particularly one umpire who sounds like his voice has been digitally modified to sound lower. 

I don't think the commentators were "harsh". They just said that when seen in slow motion what appeared to be an obvious free kick perhaps wasn't quite as obvious. It was still there, though, and helped turn the most exciting play of the night into a well-earned goal. 

7 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Mean 0.2222, standard deviation 19.27. So values "should be" within 39 for and 38 against. Chances of 43 against, or worse, is a touch over 1%. So, suffer in your jocks, Tiges!

Am I the only one who didn’t understand a single word of this, bar the last line? ?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, FritschyBusiness said:

I think the umpiring has been pretty decent this year

I agree. Constant rule changes. Longer quarters. Been ok.  Sure they've missed some howlers but that happens every single year in every sport that has ever existed.   They're professionals but so are the players and they [censored] up all the time (and by a lot more). Just because you're paid to do something doesnt mean you wont make mistakes.   But its easy and carthartic to whinge so play on i guess. 

• Like 1

Melbourne equal second in the positive column is clearly an error and should be disregarded.

How the AFL allowed this top happen is not yet understood but I believe that it will be overturned this season and the dees will be demoted to their 57 year old status of not being allowed to be successful.

Let's scream "baaaaallllll" at every opportunity to try and maintain our advantage.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Round 7

181585667_1892822777558608_2967928237242

It doesn’t matter what ladder I’m looking at, seeing Carlton on top just makes me sick. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 5:00 PM, Pickett2Jackson said:

West Coast will end up top of that list with all their home games to come.

Perhaps not if knee-jerk Marshall keeps Optus Stadium fan free. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1