• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Membership Renewal emails from the club...

hardtack

I get five memberships and they auto renew each year.  I've sometimes got two emails for each of those memberships around renewal time and I've never been debited twice.

Happy to see the club is doing the price freeze.  After the year we've had, it's probably the best they can do.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I get five memberships and they auto renew each year.  I've sometimes got two emails for each of those memberships around renewal time and I've never been debited twice.

Happy to see the club is doing the price freeze.  After the year we've had, it's probably the best they can do.

Also at this point who knows what the 2021 season will look like, will there be matches in Melbourne? What are the list sizes, what is actually happening with Casey? 
if as I suspect there will at best be matches in Melbourne but no public in attendance I would like members to have access to non FTA games by streaming as part of our membership. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Thanks DD. You've saved me an email. So the discount for 2021 relates to standard members that have paid for the GF guarantee to be added to their season ticket ? It makes me wonder how many supporters collectively make up those four coterie groups. Not quite enough to fill our entire GF ticket allocation it seems. 

Yes, standard memberships have to pay extra, there are more supporter groups which have the GFG included but apart from the coterie I can't remember what they are.

• Like 1

It is likely an issue with their distribution list and/or a Microsoft Exchange error. It's very unlikely that renewals will be charged twice. Email systems and payment systems are two separate beasts. 

Edited by Smokey
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, old dee said:

I am a std member and only got one email. However if we don’t make the finals which looks to be the case I am waiting for the chairman to honour The promise of an external review of all areas of the club. I will accept just a review of the FD but it must be an external review. If this is not forthcoming I will then seriously consider my future membership. They have approx. four weeks from the game this weekend to prove to me that they are not all talk. 

Have you emailed the club stating this, od? It's probably good for them to hear the concerns of members 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

The grand final guarantee is automatically included to Trident's, Premium Club, Redlegs, Legends memberships so no extra charge.

Well, I'm none of those; I have a standard interstate membership.

26 minutes ago, old dee said:

Also at this point who knows what the 2021 season will look like, will there be matches in Melbourne? What are the list sizes, what is actually happening with Casey? 
if as I suspect there will at best be matches in Melbourne but no public in attendance I would like members to have access to non FTA games by streaming as part of our membership. 

That's a brilliant idea OD... you really should suggest that to the club.

6 minutes ago, hardtack said:

That's a brilliant idea OD... you really should suggest that to the club.

The AFL should do that anyway if there are still no crowds allowed at games come late March.  They should work with Kayo in offering a discount throughout the footy season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

The AFL should do that anyway if there are still no crowds allowed at games come late March.  They should work with Kayo in offering a discount throughout the footy season.

All I want is to see MFC games that are not FTA. Nothing else.

1 minute ago, old dee said:

All I want is to see MFC games that are not FTA. Nothing else.

Which you would be able to do with a Kayo subscription.  They have every game one there, and offering a monthly discount for the entirety of the AFL Season (or just offering a cheap subscription that just offers AFL games) would make sense.

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

They offered two months this year for $2.50 per month.

Problem was there was only one game played

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/AFL-Club-Member-Offer

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

They offered two months this year for $2.50 per month.

Problem was there was only one game played

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/AFL-Club-Member-Offer

Yeah I remember that.

Offering something similar next year wouldn't be a bad idea.  If you can't go to games then there would be plenty of people willing to sign up for the service.

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Which you would be able to do with a Kayo subscription.  They have every game one there, and offering a monthly discount for the entirety of the AFL Season (or just offering a cheap subscription that just offers AFL games) would make sense.

Let me explain again I was suggesting it as compensation for not being able to attend games. Give free streaming to MFC members on only those MFC games that are not FTA. 

• Like 1

Just now, old dee said:

Let me explain again I was suggesting it as compensation for not being able to attend games. Give free streaming to MFC members on only those MFC games that are not FTA. 

I get that, OD.  But I can't see it happening.  It's a good idea, but I can only see Kayo or the AFL itself offering a discount to their services.  I'm not sure how the club can get around the deals already in place to just stream their own games.

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I get that, OD.  But I can't see it happening.  It's a good idea, but I can only see Kayo or the AFL itself offering a discount to their services.  I'm not sure how the club can get around the deals already in place to just stream their own games.

I am far from confident as well, most club members have accepted this year as the vast majority had bought their memberships Before the disaster that is the virus was on the horizon. If the AFL thinks that people will do the same next year if they still cannot attend games then I think they are sadly mistaken. This is a danger problem for the MFC who have a history of people buying memberships after the season has commenced I.e. the early rounds.  Now If there is no chance of going to the G In 2021 after no finals this year I can see a big drop in membership next year. Now the rusted on idiots like myself will probably give their money for bugger all return ( we are used to the problem) But the others will not IMO unless there is a sweetener for their money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hell Bent said:

I'm trident and got two emails lol! 

I've been on auto renew for 15 years, but now being 6 months unemployed thanks to Covid I think I'll stop auto renew but don't necessarily want to cancel.

The opt out note in the email seems like if you cancel auto renew you cancel membership is that what it looks like to you layz? 

Yeah I was going to say that's exactly what it seems like! Will just have to give them a buzz tomorrow I think, tried today but couldn't get through.

• Like 1

I paid nearly $1800 in memberships for my whole family this year which was basically a donation as we have got no value from it. I called the club and said all I ask is some sort of discount for next season . I would’ve been satisfied  with even 20%. The membership team said yes they are looking at discounts for loyal members next season. Then I get automatic renewal notices which I was not happy with  at all as it was the same price .I have been on jobkeeper for most of the year and cant afford it now, so I am very disappointed in them..

I can pay in installments, but I’m upset the club have not done anything to help the members in anyway, especially after basically sacrificing $1800 in a year where times are very tough.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Demonland said:

I also received 2 emails per membership for my family. I just assumed that it was an error but now you've got me worried that they will automatically debit twice.

I also don't recall going on the automatic renewal and the emails are saying that I will be automatically debited on the 26th of October.

I will always renew my memberships but I've never put them on automatic renewal. It is up to me when I want to be disappointed.

We may well get to 100,000 members next year. ?

Edited by A F
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, sisso said:

I didn't even get an email but if I log into the membership portal they seem to have already processed my membership - also no acknowledgement at all of my donation earlier in the year I wonder what is going on there... 

These emails are generic style Sisso and won't go into individual detail.

Membership is a sole category and should not be confused with one off or other donations.

12 hours ago, layzie said:

Yeah I got this bad boy. Little bit surprised that they are telling me $635 is going to be coming out when we have next to no idea how next season is even going to be carried out yet.Thought it made a bit better sense to delay this until Nov or Dec, think I will just do that myself. 

I did choose to go on auto renew last year for the first time, I think I will be going back to manual. I'll absolutely be renewing but I'll be choosing when. 

So, it's an unnecessary shambles, just like the rest of the Club at present. I will not renew my Membership (and will tell them so) until Goodwin is removed from the Club. As for Pert, overseeing this fee confusion and approving its release to the public and existing members, he'd better trot off the face of the MFC, as well. I feel sorry for the poor folks at the Membership office; they will be confronted with continuous and fully justified queries for months, Want a Membership? It costs this much for 2021. Payment can be made by credit card/debit card at the following telephone number or in person, at the Club located at XYZ between 0900 - 1700 hrs. Seem pill. 

12 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Have you emailed the club stating this, od? It's probably good for them to hear the concerns of members 

Sunday is MFC email day Mr Shadow I will I include that in my email.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, old dee said:

I am far from confident as well, most club members have accepted this year as the vast majority had bought their memberships Before the disaster that is the virus was on the horizon. If the AFL thinks that people will do the same next year if they still cannot attend games then I think they are sadly mistaken. This is a danger problem for the MFC who have a history of people buying memberships after the season has commenced I.e. the early rounds.  Now If there is no chance of going to the G In 2021 after no finals this year I can see a big drop in membership next year. Now the rusted on idiots like myself will probably give their money for bugger all return ( we are used to the problem) But the others will not IMO unless there is a sweetener for their money. 

I can only speak for myself, OD, but I buy a membership to support the club.  While they have given me plenty of lows, they have also given me plenty of great memories, and I will continue to buy my memberships (two of which are for my parents who aren't alive anymore) as I love the club.  If I can't go to games then so be it - it's not the clubs fault that COVID happened the way it did and stopped us from going to the footy.  Of course, it would have been great to take my five year to her first few games this year, but that can hopefully happen next year.

Again, I am only speaking for myself, but with my Kayo subscription I was happy as I could watch all games that way.  I don't expect any kind of discount from this year as it was something that was out of the clubs hands.  If we had finished last with no wins... then that might be different.  But I get my money's worth every year by supporting the club from home or from the stands.  Makes no difference to me.

And yes, I am happy to be 'rusted on [censored]' like yourself. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I can only speak for myself, OD, but I buy a membership to support the club.  While they have given me plenty of lows, they have also given me plenty of great memories, and I will continue to buy my memberships (two of which are for my parents who aren't alive anymore) as I love the club.  If I can't go to games then so be it - it's not the clubs fault that COVID happened the way it did and stopped us from going to the footy.  Of course, it would have been great to take my five year to her first few games this year, but that can hopefully happen next year.

Again, I am only speaking for myself, but with my Kayo subscription I was happy as I could watch all games that way.  I don't expect any kind of discount from this year as it was something that was out of the clubs hands.  If we had finished last with no wins... then that might be different.  But I get my money's worth every year by supporting the club from home or from the stands.  Makes no difference to me.

Sadly there are thousands who don’t see it the way we do, if we cannot attend games next year I will be surprised if there is not a big drop in member numbers and it will affect clubs like the MFC More than the Collingwoods of the competition. Something needs to be added to memberships to sweeten the pie.

Wise there's no doubt I do somewhat see my membership payment as a donation and no matter how much I'll complain about how our membership department functions there's not even a question that I'll renew. For me it's an institution bigger than any church could ever hope to be and I will contribute because I believe in it. If there were no fans in Vic again next year I'd absolutely still be on board, whether it would be at the Trident level might be something to consider as you do expect extra perks with this level but I do share the attitude that the club has been there for me so I should be there for it. 

#rustedon 

• Like 2