Caroline Wilson on MFC rumblings

Hogan2014

5 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Garbage, she specializes in creating articles to stir up trouble.

Spot on

She clearly has only a small pool of sources,  most of whom appear to have an axe to grind

She has become the mouthpiece of those wanting to air dirty laundry because they can't get their own way through decent channels 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old dee said:

Yes but having him for 2021 fills me with dread.

Sure does, but there's light at the end of the tunnel regarding no lock in for 2022, if heaven forbid we have a shocker in 21.

What amazes me is how on earth are we 18th for clearances with Gawn, Oliver , Trac ... etc in themidfield.

Something is seriously wrong and the midfield coach position surely must be up for grabs at least?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pates said:

What’s interesting is that there are these influential Melbourne apparently considering a challenge of the board and Bartlett, but all things considered I can’t really fault the way the club has been run of late. Surely this will cause more destruction than construction. 

Goodwin goes into 2021 under the pump, that can’t be changed. Do we really need more turmoil at the club?

Selling the Leighoak club has turned out to be quite a shrewd move. He deserves more time because of that move alone. I thought his spray after the Port game was perfectly timed as well. I don’t think Bartlett should be the focus at the moment at all.  

There are always people looking to get on footy boards. It’s the easiest story in the world to peddle. Politics is a sh*tty business and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone from the FD who fed this story to Wilson to take the spotlight of themselves. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Not always. She has good sources

trouble is, she doesn’t report, she drives the agenda

Not now, she used to when Demetriou was around.  Just makes things up...."my sources tell me" type of stuff.  Same with this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr.D said:

And last season? what's next season's excuse? we've got one of the healthiest lists in the comp. no excuses for this rabble of a season. 

I am not a Goodwin fan, but if you think having the worst fixture has no effect, you are kidding yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

I can understand that.

With all that has happened in 2020, I desperately need my football team to be consistent and give me some fun and make the finals in 2021. Sadly I doubt we will be going to games again so can the club gives us something extra for of membership fees? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Sure does, but there's light at the end of the tunnel regarding no lock in for 2022, if heaven forbid we have a shocker in 21.

What amazes me is how on earth are we 18th for clearances with Gawn, Oliver , Trac ... etc in themidfield.

Something is seriously wrong and the midfield coach position surely must be up for grabs at least?

Is that the 57km long Swiss alp gotthard tunnell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Not now, she used to when Demetriou was around.  Just makes things up...."my sources tell me" type of stuff.  Same with this.

Not so sure about that. She would spend a lot of time on the phone, and have an office feeding her info

Chief Football Writers don’t lose all their contacts

1 hour ago, Jack Russell said:

Very sad to see a woman who claims to support women, be the puppet of a group of white priviledge men,who think that their money and colour gives them a right to terorize the people trying to do a their job. This article is full of falsehoods designed to cause distress and disruption. It is highly defanitrory and her sources ( which she basically reveals ) in all her articles about melbourne, if you read closely you will see a pattern. nothing in this article is true at all. What is true is that she has shown her cards, that is, her premise as a sport journalist is based on pushing the agenda for a small group of white privilegde men, who think they are entitled to impose themselves into footy clubs for their own egos, whilst sitting in portsea and sorento. Shame on you Caro, this group of men and yoursself are not melbourne. There a 40,000 plus members that are just as important , rich or not, no matter wehere they come from, we are all  important. Footy is not for just a small group of white men, who are you are matey with, it belongs to everyone.  

As a woman it is sad that you attack another woman who is just doing her job.  You may not like how she goes about it which is your right but the vitriol toward her is unnecessary and not very becoming.  Criticise her for sure but there is a more appropriate way to do so. 

I feel I can speak for the few females who post on this site.  The guys are very fair and supportive.  Occasionally someone has a cheap shot at me at being a female or makes some gender related remark but always one of the more considered guys steps in to my defence and takes them to task, which I appreciate. 

It would be easy to say they shouldn't take cheap shots at me but they take cheap shots at each other; its just the way it works. 

All I can say is give respect and respect is returned. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 20
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Selling the Leighoak club has turned out to be quite a shrewd move. He deserves more time because of that move alone. I thought his spray after the Port game was perfectly timed as well. I don’t think Bartlett should be the focus at the moment at all.  

There are always people looking to get on footy boards. It’s the easiest story in the world to peddle. Politics is a sh*tty business and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone from the FD who fed this story to Wilson to take the spotlight of themselves. 

True on that last point. And I totally agreed with the spray as well, if the FD and the players were really that concerned about the president spraying the team publicly then they need to harden the F up because it was a putrid performance and now we’re in the same position again. 

Perform on the field, show some fight and then the pres won’t feel like he needs to address the fans saying that performances like that are unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Jack Russell said:

I read this alot on this forum that jacko got roos, how do you know this, oh did jacko tell you. What happens if your actually wrong..

I heard Roos tell the story a few times. I think its in his book too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Nothing in there remotely surprised me

Smith has been angling to be on the board for some time

But in the same sentence she states that Smithy has decided to devote his energy to his law practise. What point she is trying to make. There will be no challenge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Older demon said:

But in the same sentence she states that Smithy has decided to devote his energy to his law practise. What point she is trying to make. There will be no challenge.

Yes that bit is strange. She attacks and then retreats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buck_nekkid said:

Smith..multiple concussions and wanted to sue the AFL re brain injury?  Is he father of Joel?  Did he bag out the club for its management of his son?  Hmmm.... would he be the best choice for president????

She means Steven Smith 200 game full back and recently retire MCC president

• Like 1