• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAME 4: Demonland's Best/Favourite Demon 1988-2020 - Farmer vs Lovett

Demonland

Game Four  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today sees Jeff Farmer take on Glenn Lovett.

You can either vote by going to our Facebook or Twitter pages or for convenience you can vote in the poll above.

I will create a new thread each day and will merge the threads together once the voting day is complete.

EVXFwU0UcAAtRaG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Jeff Farmer:
118 Games
259 Goals
3 x MFC Leading Goal Kicker
2000 All Australian

Glenn Lovett:
127 Games
74 Goals
1992 Keith Bluey Truscott Trophy

Tournament Fixture:
92250516_2985447604835534_42865204783082

As far as the poll goes Farmer by a mile. The most consistently explosive player I've seen in the red and blue next to Jakovich. His 98 finals series (including round 22 against the Tigers) and 2000 season were something to behold. 76 goals would have to be one of the best returns for a small forward in the modern era, if not ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lovett another of those mid-90s perennially injured players that cost us the chance at a flag. Schwarz, Lyon, Tingay, Lovett, Prymke, Charles - I'm sure there's more. With Lovett it was back-related hamstring issues from memory?

In the 90's,  we had so many back injuries that were hamstring related. 

Circumstantial evidence suggests its Club related poor management again.

Peter Moore also.  He had a back injury from pre season training.

1 hour ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

In the 90's,  we had so many back injuries that were hamstring related. 

Circumstantial evidence suggests its Club related poor management again.

Peter Moore also.  He had a back injury from pre season training.

Moore had a history of hamstring injuries from his time at Collingwood.  He foolishly played the 1981 GF with a hamstring injury sustained the week before. Management at Melbourne had nothing to do with his history of injuries.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As far as the poll goes Farmer by a mile. The most consistently explosive player I've seen in the red and blue next to Jakovich. His 98 finals series (including round 22 against the Tigers) and 2000 season were something to behold. 76 goals would have to be one of the best returns for a small forward in the modern era, if not ever.

I think Eddie Betts kicked 75 in 2016 or 2017 and Milne kicked 70 odd in made 2011, so it stands up definitely.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

I think Eddie Betts kicked 75 in 2016 or 2017 and Milne kicked 70 odd in made 2011, so it stands up definitely.

Yeah I was thinking Matthews and Bartlett the only two who came to mind. I'm sure there's probably more, but it's a hell of an achievement. Betts is more so considering players don't top the ton anymore.

2 hours ago, Swooper1987 said:

Moore had a history of hamstring injuries from his time at Collingwood.  He foolishly played the 1981 GF with a hamstring injury sustained the week before. Management at Melbourne had nothing to do with his history of injuries.

Yep,  sorry,  it was his Quad muscle he did at training.  At camp,  I believe.