What they're saying down at Arden Street

• We could have had Pickett with our first pick but we traded it to Melbourne. 
  • Bottom 4 looks like a possibility. Can we get our pick back from melbourne
  • I was surprised we didn't pick Spargo with our 2nd pick of his draft year. 
  • JMac picks up the ball, runs into 3 Demons players to get group tackled.
  • Melbourne's pressure around the ball has been very good.
  • Dom Tyson holds up the play before bombing it into the 50. That makes perfect sense when you have Wayne Carey and Corey McKernan down there.
  • Tyson is fine. He's just not elite at anything
  • I still have absolutely no idea why we got Tyson. Was literally the last type of player we needed as part of the trade.
  • Melbourne just ran a training drill for Bedford's goal.
  • I thought Tom McDonald was good in special comments, insightful.
  • Reactive, flat-footed, poorly skilled, undisciplined and poorly structured. Thats 2 weeks in a row, today against a side that was 30% VFL players.
  • Got taken to the cleaners by Melbourne's zippier players.
  • Was bloody excited going into this season. Yeah, I'm not quite as excited anymore.
  • It was very weak. Brayshaw was the only gun in there, supported by guys like Tom Sparrow, James Jordon and Spargo.
  • On the plus side Bailey Fritzl played his annual Gary Ablett Sr game against us.
  • BUT before I microwave the ol' membership I'm assuming the following didn't play?..Higgins, Goldy Cunners, Taz, JZ, BBB, Larkey, Jy, TT, Polecat?
  • For comparison Melbourne was missing Gawn, Oliver, Jones, May, Salem, Petracca, Viney, Lever, Hibberd, McDonald and Jetta.

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Their famous shinboner spirit will need to be at least 50% proof this year on that assessment. That said I'll still have a few $$ on them to turn us over by under a kick in Hobart again ?

Honestly if I were a North supporter I'd be pretty dirty with the effort they served up with more senior players and on their home turf.

That said, it all means so little. And rewatching the game we were very solid defensively but it was pretty easy to get the ball back as long as we stayed with a decent structure and pressure they'd cough it up. 

When it was our turn with the ball we had some nice Melksham moments, a couple of lovely Trent Rivers kicks, a bit of class from Brayshaw, some clean hands around the contest from Spargo, a couple of AFL forwards in Fritsch and Brown making space and that one nice team goal capped off by Bedford.

But watching Coll v Richmond today it was clear that even though our young boys cracked in very hard and worked well they'd be about 15 goals off the Collingwood side that played today even without Grundy, Pendles, Sidebottom, Moore and Howe. Or about the same margin vs our team that played Marsh1 v Adelaide. The game is just completely different when the best players are out there.

6 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Honestly if I were a North supporter I'd be pretty dirty with the effort they served up with more senior players and on their home turf.

That said, it all means so little. And rewatching the game we were very solid defensively but it was pretty easy to get the ball back as long as we stayed with a decent structure and pressure they'd cough it up. 

When it was our turn with the ball we had some nice Melksham moments, a couple of lovely Trent Rivers kicks, a bit of class from Brayshaw, some clean hands around the contest from Spargo, a couple of AFL forwards in Fritsch and Brown making space and that one nice team goal capped off by Bedford.

But watching Coll v Richmond today it was clear that even though our young boys cracked in very hard and worked well they'd be about 15 goals off the Collingwood side that played today even without Grundy, Pendles, Sidebottom, Moore and Howe. Or about the same margin vs our team that played Marsh1 v Adelaide. The game is just completely different when the best players are out there.

Well, we just wouldn't know would we? It didn't happen, so you're just guessing, (admittedly based on your superior knowledge garnered through lots of game/practice watching). Seriously though, why make that particular comment? Can't I have a little positivity? I went and watched the game and I thought many of our players (that we have high hopes for), showed a bit.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

....And rewatching the game we were very..... 

Could you, or anyone please tell me how to watch this game?      I’m overseas and can’t find it on “WatchAFL” or the MFC or AFL sites.  
Thanks very much

3 minutes ago, Rob Mac...... said:

Could you, or anyone please tell me how to watch this game?      I’m overseas and can’t find it on “WatchAFL” or the MFC or AFL sites.  
Thanks very much

Try these 'Rob'....

On 2/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, bing181 said:

Replay (such as it is) seems to be up on Youtube:

On 2/28/2020 at 8:05 PM, bing181 said:

2nd quarter: 

3rd quarter: 

4th quarter: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob Mac...... said:

Thanks very much “rjay”!  Hope you’re going well? ?.     Long time since we spoke. 

All good here mate...been meaning to message you.

Will do in the next couple of days.

Looking forward to the season ahead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

The Kane Cornes of Demonland, except Kane knows a bit about football....

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 2

What they’re saying at Arden Street is what many would be saying here if we were performing as badly as they are at the moment. Think back 6 months ago.

That said, I was somewhat bemused to read in today’s HUN that Josh Walker and Aiden Bonar are North’s pre-season heroes. Neither did much in Friday’s game and, based on their form at other clubs, I would be worried if these players were my club’s pre season heroes. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

What they’re saying at Arden Street is what many would be saying here if we were performing as badly as they are at the moment. Think back 6 months ago.

That said, I was somewhat bemused to read in today’s HUN that Josh Walker and Aiden Bonar are North’s pre-season heroes. Neither did much in Friday’s game and, based on their form at other clubs, I would be worried if these players were my club’s pre season heroes. 

I’m told old Dee would be pleased about having Bonar and thinks Walker would be useful in combination.

Mrs Old was not sold on the idea.

Edited by Biffen

10 hours ago, The team we love said:
On 3/1/2020 at 7:38 PM, Queanbeyan Demon said:
  • BUT before I microwave the ol' membership I'm assuming the following didn't play?..Higgins, Goldy Cunners, Taz, JZ, BBB, Larkey, Jy, TT, Polecat?

And Carey, Longmire, Martin, Cable ......

9 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

On 3/3/2020 at 9:28 AM, Whispering_Jack said:

Bonar is very overrated. His form in the NEAFL was average at best and North supporters pumped him up to be the second coming of Christ.

They are in for a rude shock.. Sparrow taught him a lesson last Friday.

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 1