Nev Takes Kozzy In

Demonland

16 hours ago, binman said:

I love nev. Top bloke and super solid citizen.

I hope that once his playing career is over the club will lock him in a player welfare role.

Concur and along with Wheels we are in a good space with our indigenous boys

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Docs Demons said:

Agree 100%. 

One can only speculate what might have been, had we had this in place when Sean Charles, Liam Jurrah, and maybe Wonna needed leadership and guidance.  Three hugely talented players who for various reasons lost the plot.  

Edited by monoccular

12 hours ago, Fanatique Demon said:

We all love Nev. Wouldn't it be great to see back pocket Nev kick the winning goal in time on in a Grand Final against Collingwood?

In consecutive centuries, how would that be.....

On 12/12/2019 at 8:26 AM, Docs Demons said:

Sure you don’t mean it the way it can come across, but hate it when people refer to our ‘indigenous boys’, there is a history to the term boy.

21 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Sure you don’t mean it the way it can come across, but hate it when people refer to our ‘indigenous boys’, there is a history to the term boy.

it's true that there is a history, but it is all about context

all the team are referred affectionately as boys by supporters

also note the qualifier "our" in "our indigenous boys".

pretty inclusive i'd say. nothing to see here unless one gets overly super sensitive.

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, daisycutter said:

it's true that there is a history, but it is all about context

all the team are referred affectionately as boys by supporters

also note the qualifier "our" in "our indigenous boys".

pretty inclusive i'd say. nothing to see here unless one gets overly super sensitive.

I understand that, but also understand that it is not something that goes down well out here, even used innocently as it is here, can still cause offence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

I understand that, but also understand that it is not something that goes down well out here, even used innocently as it is here, can still cause offence.

Very true, that "context" is everything. We must all be prepared to respect that and acknowledge it. Sometimes that does clarification and genuine apology if offence caused. 

I have often found that discussion results in both sides of an offence apologising to each other.This usually also results in increased understanding, education and progress.

• Like 3

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/swans-draftee-lauds-best-mate-and-new-dee-kysaiah-pickett/news-story/095c1f04876435fea6544b87ba4fbcea

For him, what he can do with the ball is amazing, but if he doesn’t get his hands on it as much as he would have liked he can impact the game in other ways defensively.

“He can clean people up, tackle, pressure, and even for me playing against him, you just know he could be anywhere.

“He’ll catch you in no time and his presence, you hear him breathing behind you and start to panic and that impacts your skills.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/swans-draftee-lauds-best-mate-and-new-dee-kysaiah-pickett/news-story/095c1f04876435fea6544b87ba4fbcea

For him, what he can do with the ball is amazing, but if he doesn’t get his hands on it as much as he would have liked he can impact the game in other ways defensively.

“He can clean people up, tackle, pressure, and even for me playing against him, you just know he could be anywhere.

“He’ll catch you in no time and his presence, you hear him breathing behind you and start to panic and that impacts your skills.”

Just what the doctor ordered to put us back on track.

I have hear some question why we would use pick 11 / 12 or what ever it was on a small forward like Picket, but reading the above is music to my ears and along with his talent with the ball, to me provides more than enough justification that we have made a good selection at this point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.