Petracca on the Move?

Demondan75

I would unload on the Cats and get on the front foot.. You bast....s. You watch us develop a super talent, wait until we have a down year and then pounce. OK put up or shut up. What have you got to trade. And by the way once you can satify our demands we are gonna target one of your favorite players next year. Enough is enough. At least we can stand for something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

I would unload on the Cats and get on the front foot.. You bast....s. You watch us develop a super talent, wait until we have a down year and then pounce. OK put up or shut up. What have you got to trade. And by the way once you can satify our demands we are gonna target one of your favorite players next year. Enough is enough. At least we can stand for something. 

That's the attitude.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Yep, that's the way it works.... 

It would take a lot for me to even contemplate it. Petracca is worth more to us than Geelong would ever offer. He will reportedly play more midfield minutes next year, which I think is a good move, as he has really good agility and power in tight. Had a good year forward this year in a rubbish team.

There is absolutely zero chance we would trade Trac. He's been super consistent this year and with a strong off/preseason will start to win games off his own boot. That he wants to play more midfield is a real positive as it will drive him to work hard in the offseason and have a big preseason. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chookrat said:

There is absolutely zero chance we would trade Trac. He's been super consistent this year and with a strong off/preseason will start to win games off his own boot. That he wants to play more midfield is a real positive as it will drive him to work hard in the offseason and have a big preseason. 

It's not about what we (the club) want, it's about what Petracca wants. People need to start opening their eyes to what's potentially happening at the club right now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

It's not about what we (the club) want, it's about what Petracca wants. People need to start opening their eyes to what's potentially happening at the club right now.

Yep, quite true in a big way, but Petracca is under contract, I’d tell cats, a top 5 and a top 12 pick minimum for him or we make him stay and honour his contract.

His only other option then is to sit out of football for a year or play with us.

Just now, Gorgoroth said:

Yep, quite true in a big way, but Petracca is under contract, I’d tell cats, a top 5 and a top 12 pick minimum for him or we make him stay and honour his contract.

His only other option then is to sit out of football for a year or play with us.

Yep, in an old school footy world that is what would happen, but we just never see it these days. A player wants to get somewhere, they get there. I don't like it, but that's how things are it seems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Lord - He's a contracted player who did not grow up in Moggs creek.  I think people on here are overreacting to even think there is a possibility that Trac won't be playing for us next year. 

1 minute ago, chookrat said:

Lord - He's a contracted player who did not grow up in Moggs creek.  I think people on here are overreacting to even think there is a possibility that Trac won't be playing for us next year. 

Brad Hill is contracted too. So was Hogan. So was May...

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Brad Hill is contracted too. So was Hogan. So was May...

Brad Hill wants to live in Vic.  Hogan did the right thing by us by staying when his dad was sick and the decision to return home was a personal one, we facilitated the trade because it was the right thibg to do. Steven May spent 8 years at a club that was about to embark on a third rebuild, he left for a fresh start. I cannot see a possible good reason for Trac to want to leave this year that would motivate the club to even entertain a trade.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

I like it. 

“If you go after Petracca, we’ll go after your best player sooooo there. And your mums smell” (Then run off).

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

Can’t wait to get bent over by the cats. Starting to feel like the  Neeld years again. Is Tom Gillies still around? 

Gawd aint that the truth !! Ok I reckon if he wants out lets see what we can get and if nothing is agreeable involve a third or even fourth party to get our most pressing need which is ............................EVERYBLOODYTHING!

52 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

The veil is being lifted and heads are gradually coming out of the sand...

Hi Nev, so are you suggesting there is either a) specific unrest, or b) general unrest ?

I get the sense that you are hearing things - do you have a level of concern about us losing significant talent due to internal stuff?

3 minutes ago, olisik said:

If we lose Hogan and Petracca in the space of 2 years we may as well just shut up shop. We are well and truly a feeder team.

Other teams have lost important talent and managed to stay competitive. The Dogs lost Ward and Griffen, two of their more valued players, and then went and won a flag.

If we lose Petracca we lose him. We clearly still don't have the right personalities in our playing group to truly affect a meaningful change. Maybe it's actually best for us to keep moving through these guys (provided we get fair compensation) until maybe at some point we arrive at a hungry group who compete relentlessly.

As much as we all want a flag, this club doesn't need a flag as badly as it needs a group that just has us competing consistently through games and through seasons over a number years. This would give us a stronger foundation for a viable and more enjoyable long term future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rufus said:

Not all that fussed what happens with Petracca. Reckon he's pretty fumbly under physical pressure. Plus with player attitudes being one of our biggest problems, I don't really see him as someone who will help much in that regard.

If we replace him with a decent talent who has the right attitude then I reckon it'd be a win for us.

When he goes Rufus, who the hell on our list can break a tackle?

Kent at speed was difficult to grab.

Petracca is currently 2nd hardest to tackle in the comp.  He will get Dusty in 2 years.

We are currently the easiest team to tackle in the comp.  No speed, no momentum, 1 bull.

Good luck without him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1