Jump to content

Demondan75

Petracca on the Move?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, drysdale demon said:

rumors, rumors, rumors some people thrive on them, I just ignore them.

Its an internet forum, Why are you here then?

If you don't believe him, great, ignore him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, McQueen said:

Why don’t you just lay it it for me?

I’ve said it elsewhere .

 

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Isn't it all a coincidence that everyone now has so called 'sources within the club after finishing badly towards the end of the year...

Either people love to make [censored] up to suit their agenda or we have a rat within the club thats leaks like a burst cracked pipe.

Or people are close to sources high up at the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Petracca is in contract talks. Leak says Geelong talking to Petracca. Do I need to join the dots?

Edited by Tony Tea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

I have heard, and already posted here somewhere, that there is significant 'friction' (the word used when explaining to me) between a group of younger players and older players at the club. 

For what it’s worth I have similar info second hand from a current “younger” player.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony Tea said:

Petracca is in contract talks. Leak says Geelong talking to Petracca. Do I need to join the dots?

$$$$$$$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

So is so called info given to you in confidence and you are just taking it upon yourself to break that confidence or is the so called source of your info breaking a confidence that they should not be.

DD, there are some of us that have direct connections to AFL contacts that range from slight to extremely extensive. Just last week I was told by Josh Kennedy of the Swans due to my extensive AFL contacts stemming primarily from Xavier College that several Swans players were stunned at the verbal barrage that Oliver gave Fritsch for not handballing to him. This verbal barrage contained a C bomb which was incomprehensible to the Swans players. 

Why am I raising this now?  Well, I just want to make the point to you that some of us hear quite sensitive & interesting feedback and I for one only chose to pass on a fraction of what I hear. 

Interestingly, when I posted at the start of the year that Tom Sparrow was going to be a late replacement and would debut well before anybody else had reported it, a number of posters thought it was so unlikely that I remarkably came under criticism. 

DD, rather than criticise other posters for posting stuff that you don’t like, just accept it is a discussion forum and go with it. Posters will soon be known by their accuracy. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

To be honest, I don't ask if they're breaking confidence by telling me things. I don't post everything I hear though and sometimes I'm asked to not pass particular things on and I don't.

I understand you not believing me. I have no problem with that as I would be exactly the same. We'll just go round in circles though with this. Just decide you don't believe me and I'll be ok with that.

I dont worry about the Company man spy, DD. Never expresses an opinion of his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a funny place demonland. A forum where rumours start. But as soon as you name names or reveal too much, the admins shut it down and hand out bans. 

I knew what Was going on with the bloke who is now out west. Posted about it two months before it began to surface and was told it was risking defamation. Which is complete nonsense, because it was truth or substantially true. Believe what you want

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I’ve heard similar negative things that have been alluded to by Lord Nev. a fractured group. One leader that isn’t well liked and the players don’t respect. You can put the pieces of the puzzle together from that. 

I heard that the so called leader is Max Gawn, the younger players is upset that he's stealing their votes for the BnF.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

I can't predict the future, and I'm not an 'insider' myself, so I'll just put those disclaimers in at the top.

I have heard, and already posted here somewhere, that there is significant 'friction' (the word used when explaining to me) between a group of younger players and older players at the club. I don't know if that relates to the co-captains at all as I've not been told that specifically, but I was told Lewis has no interest in involvement in the club going forward due to it, so don't expect him to be back as a coach next year.

Both Petracca and Brayshaw have had significant meetings with Mahoney that involve their managers. Content wise I don't know, but they were before the Kangaroos game, so they weren't exit interviews, they were specific meetings.

The tension goes up the ranks somewhat though from what I've heard. I'm not 100% sure how bad, and perhaps a winning season may heal wounds, but as it stands right now we are seemingly a somewhat fractured club.

Difficult meetings have been held today too apparently. Not player-related ones.

I don't think things are unfixable, but they are far from good, and anyone thinking preseason fitness will solve everything is mistaken IMO.

 

This is where I have my doubts (I’ll stop short of saying “call [censored]”).

Lewis has been bent on forgin a media career after footy, since before he came to the club.

Other fractures may have appeared, but that is common in club land, and most will be mended. Some may not. Cest la vie. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

It’s a funny place demonland. A forum where rumours start. But as soon as you name names or reveal too much, the admins shut it down and hand out bans. 

I knew what Was going on with the bloke who is now out west. Posted about it two months before it began to surface and was told it was risking defamation. Which is complete nonsense, because it was truth or substantially true. Believe what you want

Tricky for them though. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I'm sure as owners of the site where things are published they could possibly wear some of the responsibility for the things said here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mach5 said:

This is where I have my doubts (I’ll stop short of saying “call [censored]”).

Lewis has been bent on forgin a media career after footy, since before he came to the club.

Other fractures may have appeared, but that is common in club land, and most will be mended. Some may not. Cest la vie. 

Fair enough, and he may have gone to the media even if things were perfect at the Dees, just passing on what I heard.

I hope the fractures are mended. In the end, I'm just a fan and I want to see us win a flag.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

Tricky for them though. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I'm sure as owners of the site where things are published they could possibly wear some of the responsibility for the things said here.

Not if what is published is substantially true or true. They could just ask me for the source and I’d be happy for them to do so. Tell them privately and then they can make a call. I know that the mail I get is solid as a rock and couldn’t care what people choose to believe or not. 

Point is, there are problems at the club. With players, with admin and I’ve been told to expect “really big changes”. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I’ve heard similar negative things that have been alluded to by Lord Nev. a fractured group. One leader that isn’t well liked and the players don’t respect. You can put the pieces of the puzzle together from that. 

Is that the same leader who has been offered a 3 yr deal at GC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

DD, there are some of us that have direct connections to AFL contacts that range from slight to extremely extensive. Just last week I was told by Josh Kennedy of the Swans due to my extensive AFL contacts stemming primarily from Xavier College that several Swans players were stunned at the verbal barrage that Oliver gave Fritsch for not handballing to him. This verbal barrage contained a C bomb which was incomprehensible to the Swans players. 

Why am I raising this now?  Well, I just want to make the point to you that some of us hear quite sensitive & interesting feedback and I for one only chose to pass on a fraction of what I hear. 

Interestingly, when I posted at the start of the year that Tom Sparrow was going to be a late replacement and would debut well before anybody else had reported it, a number of posters thought it was so unlikely that I remarkably came under criticism. 

DD, rather than criticise other posters for posting stuff that you don’t like, just accept it is a discussion forum and go with it. Posters will soon be known by their accuracy. 

I have quite a few myself and have had for decades 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Not if what is published is substantially true or true. They could just ask me for the source and I’d be happy for them to do so. Tell them privately and then they can make a call. I know that the mail I get is solid as a rock and couldn’t care what people choose to believe or not. 

Point is, there are problems at the club. With players, with admin and I’ve been told to expect “really big changes”. 

Yeah that's fair mate. I guess I can just understand why they might get overly nervous about it and choose that road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

I dont worry about the Company man spy, DD. Never expresses an opinion of his own.

I don't deal in opinions, only facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Is that the same leader who has been offered a 3 yr deal at GC?

No. He is unhappy, but not the source of player discontent. Join the dots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

No. He is unhappy, but not the source of player discontent. Join the dots

Mate I am very slow at this joining the dots can u PM me???

Edited by DemonOX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no contacts connected to the club but I appreciate the comments from posters who do. 

It is up to each of us if we believe them or not and time will tell if they are right. 

Imo where there’s smoke there is fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DemonOX said:

 

Mate I am very slow at this joining the dots can u PM me???

Same please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alexfish said:

Same please

 

4 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

No. He is unhappy, but not the source of player discontent. Join the dots

So it’s jack Viney and probably Todd as well...

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

 

Mate I am very slow at this joining the dots can u PM me???

 

3 minutes ago, alexfish said:

Same please

Click on his moniker to go to his profile page and then click on 'see their activity' on the right side of the page and the story will unfold.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

    A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

×
×
  • Create New...