Welcome to Demonland - Alan Richardson

Demon3

underwhelmed but perhaps he'll be decent in the caretaker role post bye next year.

Yep MFCSS is my mantra

Seriously though what benefit does a sacked coach bring to a dysfunctional playing group. He comes with no authority or credibility. It has echoes of Mc Cartney which didn't end well.

Mind you he was pretty good at outcoaching Goodwin on so many occasions.

Just shows really how shallow the professional pool is.

"The 54-year-old will be able to offer strong support to Simon Goodwin and help the growth of the whole coaching team".

Meh!  Hardly a track record in this capacity.

Underwhelmed.

• Like 1

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

"The 54-year-old will be able to offer strong support to Simon Goodwin and help the growth of the whole coaching team".

Meh!  Hardly a track record in this capacity.

Underwhelmed.

Strange quote from a club that is going to sack him Sunday afternoon........

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Interesting one.  6 seasons with the saints and zero finals. 34% win record

certainly won't be much of a tactical or coaching mentor for Goody (that he desperately needs) so you can only assume he will be in a development role?

23 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

O5fVpnJ0_bigger.jpg

Melbourne has got its man. Alan Richardson has signed with Rhe Demons.

All we can do now is see what he can bring to the table so to speak. Let’s hope he can help turn this ship around before it hits the iceberg.

• Like 1

Like it. Has good development type experience, highly rated in footy circles and will provide a settled, wise head and experience to a coaching group sorely needing it.

Taking it in the context as the first step of many this offseason I think it's a good move.

Edit - Actually, second step after Burgess.

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Frustrated Demon said:

All we can do now is see what he can bring to the table so to speak. Let’s hope he can help turn this ship around before it hits the iceberg.

Correct, the negative responses to this appointment are somewhat expected but i still find it frustrating. Richo has a great reputation, will provide wise council and its the first of an overhaul. 

• Like 8

My gut feel is Richo already had a relationship with Burgess at Port. I am not 100% sure of the strategy here - but my gut feeling again is the strategy is based around a similar one to which Burgess and Richo have done in the past.

Interesting times ahead - I hope the boys like running 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

My gut feel is Richo already had a relationship with Burgess at Port. I am not 100% sure of the strategy here - but my gut feeling again is the strategy is based around a similar one to which Burgess and Richo have done in the past.

Interesting times ahead - I hope the boys like running 

Did your gut read that in the adjoining article linked to the OP?

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

2024 Player Reviews: #23 Shane McAdam

Date of Birth: 28 May 1995 Height: 186cm Games MFC 2024: 3 Career Total: 53 Goals MFC 2024: 1 Career Total:  73 Games CDFC 2024: 11 Goals CDFC 2024: 21 Injuries meant a delayed start to his season and, although he showed his athleticism and his speed at times, he was unable to put it all together consistently. Needs to show much more in 2025 and a key will be his fitness.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

2024 Player Reviews: #43 Kyah Farris-White

Date of Birth: 2 January 2004 Height: 206cm   Games CDFC 2024: 4 Goals CDFC 2024:  1   Farris-White was recruited from basketball as a Category B rookie in the hope of turning him into an AFL quality ruckman but, after two seasons, the experiment failed to bear fruit.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

2024 Player Reviews: #44 Luker Kentfield

Date of Birth: 10 September 2005 Height: 194cm   Games CDFC 2024: 9 Goals CDFC 2024: 5   Drafted from WAFL club Subiaco in this year’s mid season draft, Kentfield was injured when he came to the club and needs a full season to prepare for the rigors of AFL football.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

REDLEG PRIDE by Meggs

Hump day mid-week footy at the Redlegs home ground is a great opportunity to build on our recent improved competitiveness playing in the red and blue.   The jumper has a few other colours this week with the rainbow Pride flag flying this round to celebrate people from all walks of life coming together, being accepted. AFLW has been a benchmark when it comes to inclusivity and a safe workplace.  The team will run out in a specially designed guernsey for this game and also the following week

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEMING by Meggs

It was such a balmy spring evening for this mid-week BNCA Pink Lady match at our favourite venue Ikon Park between two teams that had not won a game since round one.   After last week’s insipid bombing, the DeeArmy banner correctly deemanded that our players ‘go in hard, go in strong, go in fighting’, and girl they sure did!   The first quarter goals by Alyssa Bannan and Alyssia Pisano were simply stunning, and it was 4 goals to nil by half-time.   Kudos to Mick Stinear.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEM by Meggs

How will Mick Stinear and his dwindling list of fit and available Demons respond to last week’s 65-point capitulation to the Bombers, the team’s biggest loss in history?   As a minimum he will expect genuine effort from all of his players when Melbourne takes on the GWS Giants at Ikon Park this Thursday.  Happily, the ground remains a favourite Melbourne venue of players and spectators alike and will provide an opportunity for the Demons to redeem themselves. Injuries to star play

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

EASYBEATS by Meggs

A beautiful sunny Friday afternoon, with a light breeze and a strong Windy Hill crowd set the scene, inviting one team to seize the day and take the important four points on offer. For the Demons it was not a good Friday, easily beaten by an all-time largest losing margin of 65 points.   Essendon threw themselves into action today, winning most of the contests and had three early goals with Daria Bannister on fire.  In contrast the Demons were dropping marks, hesitant in close and comm

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 9

DEFUSE THE BOMBERS by Meggs

Last Saturday’s crushing loss to Fremantle, after being three goals ahead at three quarter time, should be motivation enough to bounce back for this very winnable Round 5 clash at Windy Hill. A first-time venue for the Melbourne AFLW team, this should be a familiar suburban, windy, footy environment for the players.   Essendon were brave and competitive last week against ladder leader Adelaide at Sturt’s home ground. A familiar name, Maddison Gay, was the Bombers best player with

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 33

BLOW THE SIREN by Meggs

Fremantle hosted the Demons on a sunny 20-degree Saturdayafternoon winning the toss and electing to defend in the first quarter against the 3-goal breeze favouring the Parry Street end. There was method here, as this would give the comeback queens, the Dockers, last use of the breeze. The Melbourne Coach had promised an improved performance, and we did start better than previous weeks, winning the ball out of the middle, using the breeze advantage and connecting to the forwards. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!