Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

28 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Gun!

Kill for a player like tippa in our side.

At least he's a genuine crumber and pressure forward with x factor. We could do with a bit more of that.

Tippa is a match winner. We don't have a match winner. 

We don't have a single player who can make something happen out of nothing. Garlett was the closest but I haven't seen that for over a year. 

It doesn't matter that he has quiet games still. Part of that is to do with the fact that Essendon have a game plan that falls apart under pressure, (like ours).

Tippa won them the game tonight. He is a true small forward who provides elite pressure and creates goals and opportunities when there shouldn't be any. We don't have a player like that. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan

I wouldn't necessarily go after him but if ever we needed proof of needing an elite small forward then that is it. Jeffy was that a few years back, form and injury has lost whatever magic he had, we have to search high and low in the draft or in the lower comps for an excitement machine that will create forward pressure and get those mercurial goals. 

Amazing goal to win the game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, P-man said:

I'd love us to recruit him, just so I can sing that song to myself with betraying the MFC, singing about some Essendon player.

Anthony MacDonald-Tipungwuti

Anthony MacDonald-Tipungwuti

And he run and he runs and he tackles and he runs

He's coming to get ya (boom boom boom) he's coming to get ya ( boom boom boom)...

We could definitely do with a player like that.

• Like 1

Tipu is an amazing  player.  Talented  and clever.  I sometimes  wonder just how many of him there are on the field sometimes. 

He wont be going anywhere.  The Windy Hill addicts would storm the castle if ever there was an inkling to allow him leave.

Keep dreaming people

• Haha 1

Won’t move on now, and his price would have gone up massively in the past fortnight. 

A genuine game turner. 

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, monoccular said:

Won’t move on now, and his price would have gone up massively in the past fortnight. 

A genuine game turner. 

was never going ANYWHERE !!

• Like 1

Not consistent enough for mine at the present, goes missing against the better teams too often. If he can work on this he’ll be a gun. Surely we have the cap space, Essendon would want a first round pick and a player though. Gut feeling and nothing else tells me he is Essendon through and through. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

All this for a player who'd never have been given a go if Essendon's list wasn't blown out of the water. Goes to show it might be worth taking a punt on a couple of random players that don't fit the usual draft profile.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I'm not sure why we're not one of the 3 clubs as we're screaming for a player like Tippa. 

Stunning isn't it, not to mention the similar story for Brad Hill who also looks on the move and we're apparently not in that race either.

3 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

We're 17th. You can now expect players to not want to play with us.

St Kilda is 14th and is free falling down the ladder almost every week.... They're in the race. Its got nothing to do with who he chooses, I'm asking why our hand isn't up? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

We're 17th. You can now expect players to not want to play with us.

Of course MFC, not the place for me, seems to be common theme among some!

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Of course MFC, not the place for me, seems to be common theme among some!

I don't believe that the clubs listed as circling have not been nominated by the player unless of course we've enquired and have been rebuked without offer.

I think 99% of the time when they say clubs x,y and z are chasing it's either already common knowledge or they're just guessing. 

I'd guarantee that there would be 10 clubs keen on tippa minimum if he was actually gettable. which i don't think he is. i think he's leveraging outside interest to get a better deal at the dons. 

I thought Coniglio was doing the same but he seems to be on the way out 

21 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Still unsigned... Would be throwing a decent offer his way.

Langdon, Tippa, Pick 3 & another forward be it senior KPF or 3rd tall. Be pretty happy with that.

It'd be nice to get another Casey player back. I'm not sure why we wasn't drafted at the time.

Showed speed, class and love for a goal (or 3).

Why isn't the MFC snagging X-Factor talent like this in the draft?

All that work and effort (support..ground upgrades etc?) to assist the communities in the center and what do we have to show for it?  When we play the Crows or Port the majority of locals still seem to be going for them over us.

The signing of Jurrah now a decade old.

Asleep at the wheel as usual?

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Shocked 1

On 7/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Not a chance Essendon dont resign him.

Well, if Essendon do "resign" him, we should definitely make an offer.

• Like 1