CHANGES: Rd 11 vs Adelaide

titan_uranus

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Good to see everyone in the media is trying to fire up Walker to have a big game! [censored]

I was thinking the same thing. Bet you he smashes someone from the first bounce and plays a massive game. 

20 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Based on Smiley’s injury report:

In - Salem, JFK, Weideman

out- Spargo, C Wagner, T Smith

Meanwhile Adelaide probably get back Lynch, M Crouch, Gibbs, and a rejuvenated Jenkins in the one week - aces...

JFK probably still suffering some concussion issues from the head injury. Best to wait a week for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bush demon said:

Lee Harvey Oswald, high impact with intent. 

A bit stiff. Video inclusive. I'm not convinced LHO actually did it.

Heard a rumour the coach directed players to target JHK.  

• Haha 1

This has been one of the more challenging weeks to pick the changes with all the almost, kind-of, not quite ready players returning/not returning from injury. I suppose with Lever and ANB both officially ruled out I guess that shortens the list a little

Petty (form or knee inj take your pick) seems likely to go and one of Spargo/CWag. Then I suppose the next few on the list would be Garlett, Stretch and Lockhart (who also had his knee heavily strapped on Sunday). Hore hopefully gets up. I suspect he'll be picked but might be on late out watch.

As for the ins, Salem and Hibbard are most likely ins. Not sure if JKH and Hannan both need another run at Casey. But if they're ready then they'll both be real chances too. 

Seems like Hibberd and Salem are fit and ready to go.

Does a Pruess/Weideman also come into consideration? I feel like we are at a point now where i think we need to start getting games into these two.

Adelaide have a tall back line in Keath, Hartigan and Talia. I would try and go match for match and be accountable for Keath who has played as that 3rd tall intercept marking role.

As much as I am not a fan of JKH I think he comes back after a good return game last week. He is a better option than C.Wagner.

Weideman returns for T.Smith. 

Petty looked sore last week so he makes way. 

Lockhart also looked sore if not rested then Fritsch can go, had enough of him. 

IN: JKH, Salem, Hibberd, Weideman

OUT: C.Wagner, Petty, T.Smith, Lockhart/Fritsch 

Can not wait till sub par VFL footballers are no longer making up the numbers.

C.Wagner

J. Wagner 

Lockhart

T.Smith

Stretch

Spargo

Fritsch is borderline.

There in lines one of the main problems at the moment.

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Seems like Hibberd and Salem are fit and ready to go.

Does a Pruess/Weideman also come into consideration? I feel like we are at a point now where i think we need to start getting games into these two.

Adelaide have a tall back line in Keath, Hartigan and Talia. I would try and go match for match and be accountable for Keath who has played as that 3rd tall intercept marking role.

Talia will struggle on Preuss, he is too big for him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Talia will struggle on Preuss, he is too big for him. 

Bit of a silly statement there. We overrate Pruess on here too much.

Talia is a dual All Australian full back and the other is a VFL ruckman/forward. Talia has way enough experience playing on the monster forwards.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JV7 said:

Can not wait till sub par VFL footballers are no longer making up the numbers.

C.Wagner

J. Wagner 

Lockhart

T.Smith

Stretch

Spargo

Fritsch 

There in lines one of the main problems at the moment.

Exactly.

I wonder how Richmond or Collingwood would go if they had to replace their 6-7 injured players with the above lot. They are simply not good players at all.

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

What's the bet Adelaide's ins are as follows:

Tom Lynch, Matt Crouch, Jenkins, Gibbs,

Four match winners.

The last time we played Adelaide in Darwin (2017), Tom Lynch killed us. I recall he had some respiratory disease but he breathed back to life against us and had a night out.

I actually thought this game was going to be in Alice like last time; at least we belted them there. 

On 5/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, ArtificialWisdom said:

This has my attention too. I've been hearing allot about this guy for the last 18 months but in the guys games at AFL level I haven't seen much to excite. Hore and Baker have both come in and shown enough to suggest they could become regulars. Pettys still young and I haven't given up on him, but he still looks a long way off AFL level.

How many games has Petty played? Three? Yet you dills give up on him. What did Tom McD look like after 3?

its the same really with Kielty. Has hardly played. You give guys like this a decent go before you write them off. Don't  You?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Exactly.

I wonder how Richmond or Collingwood would go if they had to replace their 6-7 injured players with the above lot. They are simply not good players at all.

J Wagner and Fritsch are decent AFL players. Fritsch is a genuine forward having to play back because of injuries

2 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

The last time we played Adelaide in Darwin (2017), Tom Lynch killed us. I recall he had some respiratory disease but he breathed back to life against us and had a night out.

I remember and was hoping Lynch would miss this game.

According to Adelaide's Bigfooty board, Lynch and M Crouch trained really well today and will likely play - because of course it's 2019, and this year sucks!