CHANGES: Rd 07 vs Hawthorn

WERRIDEE

28 minutes ago, SPC said:

Not like our match committee to make sound decisions.. 

Goody is probably thinking "Nah, Tim Smith's earned his spot" which is obviously not an answer to the question (Will Weid be dropped?) that many fans are asking this week.

Edited by John Demonic

Omac to CHF and tell him to run around with a flag so the Mids will see him .

• Like 1

Daisy is making a comeback. Should she have to go through the VFL first !!!

6 hours ago, DV8 said:

Where is our training complex the Mcc have set us up with... where is our social club within the Mcg?

How have the Mcc aided us in our recruitment dept' ? 

The Mcc has bludged off our backs,  and more recently the other Co tenants.

They sent us OFF from training on the Mcg...  to Junction Oval,  a place that was to small and the cricket club had priority. Out odf spite because Mfc wanted bigger roms for Gym and better social facilities.

So they roped of the centre wicket area at first,  and then packed us off to St-Kilda.

Now there is your UN-Pleasentries from  the Mcc... right there.

As the original tenant of the G... why aren't we training on it??

Just now, Rusty Nails said:

As the original tenant of the G... why aren't we training on it??

They moved us on because of the original Merri-Creek mud cricket wicket... it was getting torn up. so they roped off the centre wicket area, for our training sessions.

Which was very Un-Satisfactory.

Barassi was trying to get a larger Gymnasium for better facilities,  and we needed better social rooms for players,  etc,  and IMO for supporters.   It ended up the Mcc sent us to Siberia.  (Junction Oval )

I'm very much against dropping Weideman.  

He needs as many senior games as possible this year with an eye to the future.  We're last after six rounds and won't be playing finals, so why on earth would you drop a 21 year old tall forward in his 4th year ?  He's obviously down on confidence, but tell him you'll back him.  He'll learn far more at AFL level than VFL.

Hés just completed six games in a row, which is the most he's ever played consecutively.  I'd be getting 22 games into him.  The rest of this year should be an investment in his and the club's future.  What's the point of dropping him, bringing him back, dropping him again, etc. ?  

Some on here don't rate him as a prospect, which is fine, but this is a year to develop players for the future.  If you're still desperate to play finals I suggest you re-evaluate your expectations.  

It just doesn't make sense to me to not give him a year in the seniors when we won't be playing finals.  At least he'll enter next year as a 40+ game player.  What's the point of him entering next year as a 30 game player...  

• Like 21

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

He needs as many senior games as possible this year with an eye to the future.  We're last after six rounds and won't be playing finals, so why on earth would you drop a 21 year old tall forward in his 4th year ?  He's obviously down on confidence, but tell him you'll back him.  He'll learn far more at AFL level than VFL.

Hés just completed six games in a row, which is the most he's ever played consecutively.  I'd be getting 22 games into him.  The rest of this year should be an investment in his and the club's future.  What's the point of dropping him, bringing him back, dropping him again, etc. ?  

Some on here don't rate him as a prospect, which is fine, but this is a year to develop players for the future.  If you're still desperate to play finals I suggest you re-evaluate your expectations.  

It just doesn't make sense to me to not give him a year in the seniors when we won't be playing finals.  At least he'll enter next year as a 40+ game player.  What's the point of him entering next year as a 30 game player...  

His only saving grace has been that nearly the rest of the team has been as ordinary as he has. 

If we start getting some wins on the board but his output remains poor, I still believe his confidence should be regained through the VFL.

Who knows what the selectors decide I just hope for Declan Keilty finally gets his chance to play. He had a good hit out against a strong Richmond side and kicked 2 goals as well .Can you ask for more as his form has stood up so far this year in the VFL.

He can help our forward line as a big  key forward and  pinch hit in the ruck. Can also play as a key back. Could end up being a valuable player. If his form is holding up then why isn't Delcan given a chance? 

Come on Goody you haven't anything to lose now as you have already lost them. He deserves a game because he has earned it not given to him.  Given and earned are two different meanings.

IN Keilty   and who ever    OUT. ??? ask goody.

• Like 5

A bit surprised to see that O.Mac played as a defender in VFL, so have to assume that either Preuss (if fit) or Keilty will replace Weid.

Sparrow will also come in, whether he replaces Viney or ANB (both injured) I am not sure. If both are available it's either Jeffy or Lockhart who both struggled after half time.

I hope they give Hibberd another tagging role - this time on the Worpedo, but the key match-up will most likely be stopping the Hawks small forwards Breust, Wingard and PouPou on the break. I'd go Salem, Fritter and Jones respectively and I'd send Lewis forward to provide the smarts/leadership up there against his old side.

5 hours ago, ProDee said:

I agree but cant see it happening.....

Goodwin has dropped a number of young players over the last few years who have played less games in a row than Weideman.

JKH, C Maynard,  Sparrow, J Smith, Stretch & others have all suffered at the hands of Goodwin with lack of opportunities to play a number of senior games in a row......

Different rules for different players maybe?

Going back to Casey, whist not ideal for the players, is about development, attitude & education. Sam looks shot to bits of confidence, so why throw him to the sword even further.......A few games at Casey will do him the world of good & will only enhance his confidence & ability to go back & perform.

To me it doesn't make sense in leaving him in the seniors to be ridiculed & is not educating him in any way.

I don't agree with the 'one game in & one game out' scenario, but if you've payed 5 or 6 games without any form or improvement, then time to go back IMO.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 9:13 AM, SPC said:

Out: Weed, Viney, Lockhart

In: 3 more Salem’s 

How long until AVB is available?

7 hours ago, ProDee said:

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Id drop Weiderman and put some games into Smith and Keilty. They may not be as good in the end (that must be years off) but youve got to reward players and give them a chance. Weid is so far out of form he needs to go back a step to find it. Not a fan.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ProDee said:

Disagree. He’ll learn nothing getting humiliated at AFL level week after week, if anything it could permanently wreck his already brittle confidence levels. Plus it sends the wrong message to the playing group. He has been persisted with for six games in a row and has produced nightmare performance after nightmare performance. He’s got no timing, no physical presence and no idea when the ball is on the deck. He’s not on his Pat Malone in terms of poor form sure but if this kid is the best the MFC can muster to hold down a key post in the forward line we are in for a world of hurt for the remainder of 2019. You’ve got to have some kind of minimum level of output. Forget his high draft pick status, right now Sam Weideman is embarrassing the jumper out there. Must be dropped.

Edited by Matsuo Basho
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Damo said:

Id drop Weiderman and put some games into Smith and Keilty. They may not be as good in the end (that must be years off) but youve got to reward players and give them a chance. Weid is so far out of form he needs to go back a step to find it. Not a fan.

Our forward line already sucks. You want to go with those two as our key forwards (assuming TMac stays back)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, junk said:

If we keep playing Lewis and Jones in the same side, I am going to spew or back the opposition, perhaps both.

Yes.  Similar to last year when we were carrying both Lewis and Vince.  We got better when Vince was dropped.

Sam W wont have a hope against the Hawks tall backs.

He cant time his run up correctly to fly from behind and his stupid propping under the pill coming down with flat hands will be eaten up and in our backline in 2 quick kicks.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:05 PM, Fanatique Demon said:

Jones: two games short of Robbie Flower's 272. Have appreciated all Jones has done, but he doesn't deserve to pass Robbie. Or to hold the record for the #2 jumper. Stand aside, Nathan.

Doesn’t deserve it?  You are a clown.

The bloke deserves all the accolades coming his way for what he has given the club.  

• Like 7