Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

1 hour ago, Bay Riffin said:

May seems hungry for footy. wants to play in his first Friday night game, play finals.

Hogan seems hungry to get home to his mates.

Having mates won't feel so good when he see the dees play in finals and grand finals, freeo are 3 year away from even being competitive, they Have 1 a grade midfielder, they were a 2 man midfield now they are a 1 man midfield, you at least 3 a grade midfielder, and 3 b grader midfielder they have 1 A grader and no b grader midfielder.

6 hours ago, qwerty7 said:

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-10-18/hogan-feeling-the-love

it is a difficult watch, but he seems happy. would love to see a romantic story of him coming back to the dees, but don't think it is likely; he looks like he is already enjoying family, friends and the beach... and so he should. 

Love and miss him, but am very excited at the prospect of having May in our backline and most likely KK dashing in the middle. I think we have improved our list despite the loss of Hogan. I also didn't realise how young Preuss was, he is a great get too.

Looking forward to 2019. 

Did he say in that interview that Lyon and Fyffe met with him last year to convince him too come to Freo?

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Did he say in that interview that Lyon and Fyffe met with him last year to convince him too come to Freo?

Yes, but I believe it was with the MFC's permission/knowledge. The Watts drama last year overshadowed the fact there was a fair bit of smoke around a Hogan trade. Freo had pick 2 and 5. Not sure what if anything they offered or if Hogan would even have agreed to a trade then but I'm sure both parties discussed it. 

My guess is Freo would've put pick 5 and some later picks on the table last year and MFC said no thanks we'll see if we can win the flag with Hogan and Lever this year and that worked for Freo who needed to get some games in to kids. Hence Hogan's comment about the 5 year plan. Hogan stuck it out in Melbourne for one last go around. I think all the media posturing and Peter Bell's carry on this year might've been because a deal was in place from a long way out.

22 minutes ago, Demonland said:

It's fair enough too, really wish him the best. Anyone who's lived in Freo knows what a fishbowl it is. I hope they don't load all their expectations on him the way they did with Pav. When they inevitably do, I hope he can handle it as well as Pav did. 

At least nobody can smoke darts on the Cap' strip, so he won't be alone in that.

Edit: forgot original reason for post. Dees are in business of winning finals, so good to have players who are happy at home AND on field.

Edited by AmDamDemon

17 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I’m interested to hear what the reaction is at the G for the inevitable game we play against them next year. Will we boo him? Nuff nuffs? What do you reckon?

Yeah good question.

Nor sure if it will be more towards the Tom Scully end of “lucky to make it out of the G alive” booing or the Addam Maric/Ricky Petterd “didn’t even realised he moved club” booing.

• Like 1

Good luck to him - seems like a decent fellow, but I’m bloody stoked that we managed to land Sam May et al.

As an aside, I can’t recall Hogan ever saying words to this effect whilst at the Demons:

“I’m just excited to get into it but it kind of hasn’t sunk in just yet.

“But I can’t wait to pull on the jersey and run out for the first time - hopefully, for the next five to 10 years.” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

HE won’t be booed and doesn’t deserve to be. We won’t play them at the G anyway. Will be up in Alice or Darwin no doubt 

He has to recover from his navicular injury as well. Let’s not forget that the Dockers cancelled their due diligence on him a few days before they did their trade for him.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

HE won’t be booed and doesn’t deserve to be. We won’t play them at the G anyway. Will be up in Alice or Darwin no doubt 

But you’d boo Mahoney for being bent over because Jesse clearly wanted to go home and Mahoney made it happen? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Good luck to him - seems like a decent fellow, but I’m bloody stoked that we managed to land Sam May et al.

As an aside, I can’t recall Hogan ever saying words to this effect whilst at the Demons:

“I’m just excited to get into it but it kind of hasn’t sunk in just yet.

“But I can’t wait to pull on the jersey and run out for the first time - hopefully, for the next five to 10 years.” 

A good mate of mine knows a few of Jesse's family. The story goes that apparently Jesse never felt fully accepted at MFC, he was always on the outer. Claimed that even though he raised trade possibility with the club, he definitely felt pushed.

3rd hand info, so take as you will.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

A good mate of mine knows a few of Jesse's family. The story goes that apparently Jesse never felt fully accepted at MFC, he was always on the outer. Claimed that even though he raised trade possibility with the club, he definitely felt pushed.

Seems odd. You would have to ask why given the family type atmosphere fostered by Goody and PJ. A bit of reflection by Hoges may be in order. Good old fashioned rationalisation and self justification  I would have thought. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's a very apt expression for all of this perhaps...

That was then, this is now.

What is ... is

Can't wait to beat Fremantle again....but simply because they are just another team....and I prefer winning.

This bloke that's gone ..just one of hundreds we play against.

Go Dees

25 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Considering the message he left the MFC on Instagram i wonder about that. 

My take on all this is right now, he is not 100% tuned in to play. At the MFC that is what is required. I still hold the hunch he may return in 3-5 years, if he is still fit to play

• Like 3