Open Training - Wednesday, 19th September

Demonland

3 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Another little tidbit

JKHs session was excellent, really sharp and running hard and fast

My view is that JKH will be the spare small, and J Smith the spare tall

Can't see Vince or Hunt being considered seriously and can't see the justification for another change

Would the travelling emergencies head for the airport as soon as the game starts so they can play for Casey on Sunday?

44 minutes ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

Would the travelling emergencies head for the airport as soon as the game starts so they can play for Casey on Sunday?

Mahoney said the emergencies would come back with the team, arrive back before midnight and they will play Sunday.   https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/17/gawn-missing-training-no-concern-says-demons-footy-boss/

As an aside, he also talks about the noise at 'Boo Stadium'.  The club has strategies in place (as per other hostile games eg Adelaide, WCE) to help players deal with the 'silence' and generate their own enthusiasm. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Mahoney said the emergencies would come back with the team and play on Sunday.  https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/17/gawn-missing-training-no-concern-says-demons-footy-boss/ Arrive back before midnight and they will play Sunday. 

He also talks about the noise at 'Boo Stadium'.  The club has strategies in place (as per other hostile games eg Adelaide, WCE) to help players deal with the 'silence' and generate their own enthusiasm. 

One thing I’ve been thinking about is the potential for the club to start using signals from the bench to players or from player to player.

Baseball use signals, College Football use signals and card schemes, seems like a no brainer for reduction in runners but something to think about for stadiums like Burswood (and I’m sure new stadiums will look to see how they can have a similar noise).

Possibly not for this weekend but should well and truely be in the future thinking to get an advantage. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Mahoney said the emergencies would come back with the team, arrive back before midnight and they will play Sunday.   https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/17/gawn-missing-training-no-concern-says-demons-footy-boss/

As an aside, he also talks about the noise at 'Boo Stadium'.  The club has strategies in place (as per other hostile games eg Adelaide, WCE) to help players deal with the 'silence' and generate their own enthusiasm. 

I fully expect to be the most hoarse I have ever been on Saturday night. 

A handful of Demons going absolutely apeshit will be a wonderful thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

One thing I’ve been thinking about is the potential for the club to start using signals from the bench to players or from player to player.

Baseball use signals, College Football use signals and card schemes, seems like a no brainer for reduction in runners but something to think about for stadiums like Burswood (and I’m sure new stadiums will look to see how they can have a similar noise).

Possibly not for this weekend but should well and truely be in the future thinking to get an advantage. 

Mahoney alluded to signals in the interview.  Said something like the players can't hear each other and will be waving hands etc.  For obvious reasons, he didn't elaborate on the 'etc'. 

Will be interesting to watch how this plays out on the field.  Not sure TV cameras will pick them up so we may need to rely on our trusty DL's to report back on what they see.

What is obvious from Mahoney's interview is the club is leaving no stone unturned.  We really learnt a lot from hostile environments like Geelong, Adelaide, WCE late in the season. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

My daughter attended this morning, enjoyed the session, particularly pleased with getting some attention from Gus at the end. She mentioned Harmes looked a bit sore walking off at the end, did any other track watchers pick anything up with him?

Chief you would be well across the two opposing tactical approaches of the dees and WC - Kaos and Control

(apologies for using the same gag twice)

57 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I fully expect to be the most hoarse I have ever been on Saturday night. 

A handful of Demons going absolutely apeshit will be a wonderful thing. 

What is your attitude toward sneaking a megaphone in? Or vuvuzela? I wonder if my mate is working on OB. I'll see if he can patch you in to the broadcast so you can start screaming BOOOOO at Weagles moves.

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

From AFL Website:

• After missing Monday's session to monitor his training loads, Gawn joined teammates out on Gosch's Paddock for the club's main session. 
  • Both Neville Jetta and Alex Neal-Bullen, who also missed Monday's session, trained fully and look certain to face the Eagles in Saturday's preliminary final in Perth. 
  • During the warm-up component of training, Gawn took the main ruck taps and worked with midfielders Angus Brayshaw, Jack Viney, Clayton Oliver and Bernie Vince, who is pushing for a recall. 
  • Although the Demons are not expected to change a winning line-up, Vince and defender Joel Smith are considered to be possible inclusions. 
  • Oscar McDonald got some work done on his lower back and youngster Charlie Spargo got his finger assessed and taped, but both returned to training without further concern. 
  • McDonald rejoined training and seemingly moved well, but it was then decided by the club's fitness he should leave the session to avoid any further discomfort.  It seemed a precaution as much as anything, but one to keep an eye on later in the week.

Up to 1000 fans lined the boundary to watch the players train, with merchandise tents, face painting booths, food trucks and a sausage sizzle all taking place for the supporters attending. 

Courageous reporting (not). Means any number upwards of zero.

47 minutes ago, The Chief said:

My daughter attended this morning, enjoyed the session, particularly pleased with getting some attention from Gus at the end. She mentioned Harmes looked a bit sore walking off at the end, did any other track watchers pick anything up with him?

If you watch Harmes, he always looks like he is sore when he walks, I think it's just his gait.

1 hour ago, -Ⓥ- said:

What is your attitude toward sneaking a megaphone in? Or vuvuzela? I wonder if my mate is working on OB. I'll see if he can patch you in to the broadcast so you can start screaming BOOOOO at Weagles moves.

At the recent world cup in Russia the Colombians and to a slightly lesser extent the Iranians resurrected the vuvuzela together with the hand pumped air horn. It was not pleasant as a spectator I can assure you.

36 minutes ago, samcantstandya said:

I think u r confusing him with Sargent Shultz.

does he know Sergeant Shultz perhaps ?? ?

On 9/17/2018 at 5:30 PM, 640MD said:

Get to any training session in September   the feeling is electric, remember well the old Junction oval packed with more supporters at training than Fitzroy got at a match  Go Demons      wish I could get there !

REmember the late 80’s training sessions in Sept , parked illegally , sessions were late afternoon , no 103O sessions midweek . Tuesday and Thursday. 

2 hours ago, The Chief said:

Yes I can tell you but I insist we use the Cone of Silence! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1