POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 19

Demonland

11 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

So the Umpire couldn't bring himself to pay the obvious free kick he had to wait for the mark.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dl4e said:

Secondly. Have people forgotten how poor we are in wet conditions. If anything the wet may have helped Adelaide though it is hard to say. The win last night will help ( I hope ) with the clubs mental softness.

This.

I would say this was our best win of the season so far. We withstood tremendous pressure early on, took control and fought off their late charge at the finish. I was very impressed with Frost and his  speed and ability to always be at the contest. Made Walker look like a second rate hack and that free against him late was a joke. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, old dee said:

Well I was surprised really thought we would lose that.

very very happy to be wrong.

my night did end well but that is another story, hopefully Sunday is a better day.

Go Dees

ps nice to see the Pies lose.

A good strong Labor supporter, eh Old, i always thought as much deep down...........

8 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

When was the last time we had 2 players kick over 40 goals? Or even 50 goals in a season? TMAC on fire.

Hogan 42

TMAC 40 

Leader B Brown 52.

Great question. If it’s not Hogan and Watts two years ago we could be going back to  Neita and Robbo! 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Silly way to think. Tuohy kicking last week's goal could be the difference. Or Westhoff's 75m 50m penalty in the fourth, or the mark that wasn't paid to Brayshaw against Port.

Luck goes both ways, we've had some for us and some against us.

absolutely. Swings both way.

Betts miss a gimme. Sure. Jkh misses a gimme last week, gawn rd 1.

silly way to view footy. 

• Like 3

Is there a more Jekyll and Hyde side when it comes to the clearance battle? We couldn’t win one to save ourselves early. 17-4 in the third quarter. A demolition.

I don’t know how we compare with other sides but it seems like feast or famine a lot of the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P-man said:

Is there a more Jekyll and Hyde side when it comes to the clearance battle? We couldn’t win one to save ourselves early. 17-4 in the third quarter. A demolition.

I don’t know how we compare with other sides but it seems like feast or famine a lot of the time.

It really is. Whether we want to admit it or not the gap between our best and worst is still big. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Silly way to think. Tuohy kicking last week's goal could be the difference. Or Westhoff's 75m 50m penalty in the fourth, or the mark that wasn't paid to Brayshaw against Port.

Luck goes both ways, we've had some for us and some against us.

Clearly the against us is winning. 21 goals from frees and 50’s against us in Port, Saints, Cats and Crows games to 2 for. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1

48 minutes ago, america de cali said:

. I was very impressed with Frost and his  speed and ability to always be at the contest. Made Walker look like a second rate hack and that free against him late was a joke. 

Quite a few of us wanted Frost in from Port game and if selectors had agreed, we may have beaten Port and Saints. Yes he makes the odd mistake, but he is big, quick, hard at the man and ball and good defensively. His passing has improved and he is another good defensive option. He killed Tex last night. 

BTW it was a free as he dropped the ball. 

• Like 13

Yep it was a free - exactly the same as the airy josh Jenkins had in the middle of the ground earlier in the game (which was ruled okay on)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Clearly the against us is winning. 21 goals from frees and 50’s against us in Port, Saints, Cats and Crows games to 2 for. 

wow ...is that stat correct?

If so that is monstrous or we are doing something very wrong in the skills department

One small positive this year is that Clarrie is not getting pinged for throwing.I suppose the umpires now recognise skill even though the natural eye may be too slow to see it

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, P-man said:

It was frustrating to watch the first half when it came to clearances. We’ve seen it before, mostly in our losses, when the opposition sets up with at least two outside runners ready to receive a handball out of the pack. 

Good to see we tightened up in the second half and didn’t allow Adelaide to utilise these outside runners. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IWAP said:

Bailey Fritsch is the most versatile player i can remember. Reads the ball so well down back, dynamic on the wing, and so dangerous up forward. What a shame he doesn't have two triplet brothers.

Really impressive of late. When he clunks all those half marks he will be even better. Kicked a very good pressure goal on the siren. Surprisingly only 8 disposals tonight after 25 last week. Seemed far more involved. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Cats, Port, Crows, & Eagles get the best umpiring treatment in the land at home!

Port game still burns, as we were totally screwed over by the maggots!

Anyway back to better topics.

Great win Demons, after giving 20 points head start and also off 2 day less break, managed to hang on!

Am loving Harmes form, too many posters have wanted to write off young Dees who hadn’t played 50 games, great to see him as an example of many who are getting better and better!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

What about Tmacs burn on Spargo going in for the high five?! Left him hanging! 

“Outta the way, kid. Watch this” 

hilarious! ?

Edit: sorry @Bay Riffin just saw you beat me to it! 

Edited by Deemented Are Go!
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

1 thing I would say about swyl, even though he is often negative, he is never negative after a win unlike you, and with saty he loves the club, and you can't hate anyone who loves the dees that much.

Correct. I love winning...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, willmoy said:

So the Umpire couldn't bring himself to pay the obvious free kick he had to wait for the mark.....

Sorry dis i miss something- what free kick?

By the by i love the fresh air TMac gives Spargo when Spargo tried to gibe him a high five. Ignores him completely and Spartacus ends up lamely tapping his body.