POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 19

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Tonight was the first time for me. I left the house for a walk around the block when Tex was lining up after the Frost free. I couldn’t physically watch anymore.

Told the crew at home to leave the outside light on if we win. The walk took 5 minutes and when I got back there was no light on. 

That was one sick joke they played on me. I’m only calming down now after watching the last 3 minutes. 

We should be extremely proud tonight Demonlanders. 

Reads like an Ancient Greek tragedy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Bailey Fritsch is the most versatile player i can remember. Reads the ball so well down back, dynamic on the wing, and so dangerous up forward. What a shame he doesn't have two triplet brothers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

So is it a good time to mention that they had 10 shots on goal in the last? 

Glad we won but......

Enjoy the win mate, save it for tomorrow, we do have a few issues but our season is back on track for now

Edited by MSFebey
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Tonight was the first time for me. I left the house for a walk around the block when Tex was lining up after the Frost free. I couldn’t physically watch anymore.

Told the crew at home to leave the outside light on if we win. The walk took 5 minutes and when I got back there was no light on. 

That was one sick joke they played on me. I’m only calming down now after watching the last 3 minutes. 

We should be extremely proud tonight Demonlanders. 

Whoa! Sick joke is an understatement! But hey we won so I’d say it was worth it? Haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IWAP said:

Bailey Fritsch is the most versatile player i can remember. Reads the ball so well down back, dynamic on the wing, and so dangerous up forward. What a shame he doesn't have two triplet brothers.

Beautiful kick too......

ANB was good tonight.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

In the Game Day thread I posted that Goodwin teared up when Fristch kicked the goal and seeing that confirms it. 

He may be cool as a cucumber in his press conf but that was raw emotion from him. 

That was a game to instill huge belief for the players and the coaches.

Very happy for Goodwin, the team, the club and us supporters.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Great win dees if Gawn wasn't assured of All Australian ruck he is now what a game.

Clarry is the best footballer going around ATM.

Frost's best game for the club.

Good to see Jordie and Dom have good milestone games.

GO THE MIGHTY DEES! YOU BEAUTY!

• Like 2

Thank god for that. Heart in my mouth for an entire 10 minutes. When Betts nearly kicked that goal I almost died. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, layzie said:

Whoa! Sick joke is an understatement! But hey we won so I’d say it was worth it? Haha

Mate I tell you what. We all deal with what this game means to us differently.

When I saw darkness upon my return from the walk my heart sank. As I got closer to the porch I could hear the happiness from my son so I kind of gathered we held on. The initial few seconds though, I felt like “ Run Forrest, Run!”

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3

I don't care what people say, I want Frost to stay in this team. He plays on pure instinct and he's got quite a bit of toe.

Harmes, WOW !! The way he's played in the last two games just beggars belief. And we questioned  his value and future.

Last thing, we questioned the " no change" to the team for this game. Goodwin and the match committee knew precisely what they were doing. Who would have thought they would know better than us which players could get the job done ??

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

I’d give 1 to Milera 

Where's Gawn?

I reckon that game could be big for JKH’s confidence. He didn’t star but he showed to others and himself that he still has the ability to perform at this level against quality opposltion. Good on him. Sometimes players just need a decent run at things to find their feet. Here’s hoping it’s a sign of things to come.

• Like 13

Pretty proud of the Dees tonight. I can't think of too many passengers from tonight's game. Overall our game wasn't the best for the year but they fought hard when things weren't going their way and then bulldozed the Crows in the 3rd in some of the best footy I've seen us play away from home. The last quarter wasn't pretty but they did show learnings from last week and somehow ground out a result.

I think we still suffer from a case of nerves in big games but they took a big step tonight. The coaches have done a great job getting the players up for this game after last weeks game which could have been mentally draining. I know I was feeling pretty terrible about last weeks game still before the game. So to get their minds right after the disappointment of last week, to win against adversity away from home, to hold out under pressure and last but not least to stand up and honour a great of the game in Jordan Lewis it was a massive night to be Demon. Looking forward to see how this group of players will perform over the next 4 weeks and whether we are good enough to play finals.

• Like 8

Kicked a great confidence boosting goal. Was [censored] off he missed the first one. Looks like he's in the side for the time being.

2 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

I don't care what people say, I want Frost to stay in this team. He plays on pure instinct and he's got quite a bit of toe.

Harmes, WOW !! The way he's played in the last two games just beggars belief. And we questioned  his value and future.

Last thing, we questioned the " no change" to the team for this game. Goodwin and the match committee knew precisely what they were doing. Who would have thought they would know better than us which players could get the job done ??

Questioned Harmes, I, as part of the we, don't remember doing that, same with JKH

44 minutes ago, Webber said:

Free kicks 22-15 to Adelaide, quel surprise! I think we won only one for them incorrectly disposing, yet it was happening all game. I reckon the umpiring is worth about 4 goals against in Adelaide and Geelong, and 6 in Perth, so we won big! 

Don't forget the two occasions Adelaide took advantage and the umpire called them back as it was 'no advantage'.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the rule changed that it's the player and not the umpires call?

• Like 9