THE 2018 AFL NATIONAL DRAFT

Dr.D

Adelaide just traded out the pick they got from us for Lever and their 2019 1st rounder, to Carlton for their 2019 1st round pick (around pick 1 to 4)

Carlton obviously very keen to get Stocker from Sandringham.

Lots of pick movement going on - wonder what Mahoney and Taylor are thinking tonight, now that we have slipped down the order!  They might be manning the phones overnight!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

9 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I just turned the draft broadcast on ...and off. FMD that is possibly the most boring and laborious shite I've seen on television.

I' m going back to angle grinding the  tinea off my toes.

I had the draft radio on... and turned it off & the telly back on.   boring as...  batshyte.

Any picks of the tinea, Bbo.  it would be more interesting than this draft, so far.

1 minute ago, DV8 said:

I had the draft radio on... and turned it off & the telly back on.   boring as...  batshyte.

Any picks of the tinea, Bbo.  it would be more interesting than this draft, so far.

I've probably got a couple of inside mids burbling away down there.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Adelaide just traded out the pick they got from us for Lever, to Carlton for their 2019 1st round pick (around pick 1 to 4) and Adelaides 2019 1st rounder. 

Carlton obviously very keen to get Stocker from Sandringham.

Lots of pick movement going on - wonder what Mahoney and Taylor are thinking tonight, now that we have slipped down the order!  They might be manning the phones overnight!

The Crows and Blues have an ugly little lovebird trist going on, ever since Betts and Gibbs days.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That trade of Syd 2019 2nd round pick (around 30+) for WCe pick 24 explains the earlier lop-sided trade that greatly favoured WCE. 

We still have pick 23, one ahead of Sydney so may get our preferred player

Very clever of Sydney to do this after Blakey was selected otherwise they would have had to use pick 24 for him!!  They are very active and creative with pick trading - they may catch a few clubs napping!!

Edit: cross out ref to Syd pick

Sydney are masters of this. They’ll take O’Halloran, I know it.

• Like 1

According to the MFC website, clubs were told by the AFL that they had to use their entire 5 minute time allocation before selecting first round picks tonight.

The rest of the draft (commencing at noon tomorrow) the picks can be announced as fast as the clubs want to announce them. Indication again that the AFL has NFI.

• Like 1

DRAFT SELECTIONS 2018 AFL NATIONAL DRAFT

ROUND ONE

1. Carlton Sam Walsh Midfielder, 183cm, 74kg, Geelong Falcons
2. Gold Coast Jack Lukosious Key forward, 194cm, 85kg, Woodville-West Torrens
3. Gold Coast Izak Rankine Midfielder, 180cm, 76kg, West Adelaide
4. St Kilda Max King Key forward, 201cm, 84kg, Sandringham Dragons
5. Port Adelaide Connor Rozee Midfielder, 184cm, 72kg, North Adelaide
6. Gold Coast Ben King King Key forward/defender, 202cm, 85kg, Sandringham Dragons
7. Western Bulldogs Bailey Smith Midfielder, 184cm, 79kg, Sandringham Dragons
8. North Melbourne Tarryn Thomas Midfielder, 189cm, 73kg, North Launceston
9. Adelaide Chayce Jones Midfielder, 180cm, 74kg, Launceston
10. Sydney Nick Blakey Forward/midfielder, 195cm, 85kg, NSW-ACT/Sydney Swans
11. Greater Western Sydney Jye Caldwell  Midfielder, 184cm, 78kg, Bendigo Pioneers
12. Port Adelaide Zak Butters Midfielder, 181cm, 70kg, Western Jets
13. Collingwood Isaac Quaynor Defender, 182cm, 82kg, Oakleigh Chargers
14. Greater Western Sydney Jackson Hately Tall utility, 190cm, 81kg, Central District
15. Geelong Jordan Clark Defender, 185cm, 81kg, Claremont
16. Adelaide Ned McHenry Midfielder/forward, 176cm, 71kg, Geelong Falcons
17. Fremantle Sam Sturt Forward, 189cm, 74kg, Dandenong Stingrays
18. Port Adelaide Xavier Duursma Midfielder/defender, 185cm, 71kg, Gippsland Power
19. Carlton Liam Stocker Midfielder, 184cm, 83kg, Sandringham Dragons 
20. Richmond Riley Collier-Dawkins Midfielder, 193cm, 88kg, Oakleigh Chargers
21. Brisbane Ely Smith Midfielder, 188cm, 86kg, Murray Bushrangers 
22. Greater Western Sydney Xavier O’Halloran Midfielder, 186cm, 82kg, Western Jets

Ian Hill is available, he provides a lot of run and spark, so too is Bailey Williams and Jack Bytel.

We've been pushed out to 26 & 31 for the moment, but that might change with likely bids on Will Kelly, Kieren Briggs and Rhylee West.

Edited by Demon Disciple

How is that Syd/wce action not draft tampering?  Park a second rounder at wce, so bundle lower picks, then trade it straight back after the lower picks have been used.  How is this fair or in the spirit of the draft?  I know it cost them a later round downgrade next year, but this means they get Blakey and a second rounder for peanuts.

• Like 1