Jump to content

  • Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Sign in to follow this  
Dee tention

Get Ben Brown...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Interesting trade suggestion BA. I floated same some months ago but the ‘Trade Petracca’ thread I started was shut down by the mods. Deemed too radical at the time. Funny how a Trade Brayshaw thread was allowed soon thereafter but there you go. But that’s another story.

Now the facts are we sit 17th on the ladder with a patently dysfunctional (politest word I can come up with) forward line with a dearth of genuine targets to kick to and straighten us up. Something’s got to give.

If Petracca could be floated out there in aid of us landing say a Ben Brown I would look at it. I would look at it very closely. Especially if it meant we could use next year’s first round pick in trade and hold on to this year’s pick 2.

We’ve got to get creative and bold this off season. Forget finals if we try and play a safe hand. Can’t roll with Weideman and TMac again. No way Josè.

I’m all for Brown but not at the expense of our first pick. When people want to criticise the team the same names are always thrown up ie ANB, OMac....etc etc. For a pick 2 with all of his physical attributes Petracca possesses, he has been a massive disappointment for me, and is yet to totally dominate a game from start to finish. I don’t believe this is a Goodwin issue, I just think he’s not that good. I would be all in for trading Petracca for an established player not another 1st rd pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I’m all for Brown but not at the expense of our first pick. When people want to criticise the team the same names are always thrown up ie ANB, OMac....etc etc. For a pick 2 with all of his physical attributes Petracca possesses, he has been a massive disappointment for me, and is yet to totally dominate a game from start to finish. I don’t believe this is a Goodwin issue, I just think he’s not that good. I would be all in for trading Petracca for an established player not another 1st rd pick.

Would you consider our 2020 first round pick + Petracca for Brown? Back ourselves to get back in the 8 in 2020 thereby making that first rounder more in the 11 - 18 range.

That would be a fair deal I reckon. Allows us to keep pick 2. 

I agree with you on Petracca. I think we should trade now while his cachet is still pretty decent. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Would you consider our 2020 first round pick + Petracca for Brown? Back ourselves to get back in the 8 in 2020 thereby making that first rounder more in the 11 - 18 range.

That would be a fair deal I reckon. Allows us to keep pick 2. 

I agree with you on Petracca. I think we should trade now while his cachet is still pretty decent. 

Most definitely, was thinking something similar myself. Also means we keep our 2nd rd pick.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Most definitely, was thinking something similar myself. Also means we keep our 2nd rd pick.

I wonder if we could tempt the Eagles to part with one of their young pacy goal sneaks - Petrucelle, Jarrod Cameron etc - in exchange for Weideman. Or one of Richmond’s. With Kennedy and Riewoldt respectively both nearing the end they might bite. Petrucelle would be a great get.

F: Petrucelle Brown Melksham

HF: Fritsch TMac Pick 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Would you consider our 2020 first round pick + Petracca for Brown?

 

33 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Most definitely, was thinking something similar myself. Also means we keep our 2nd rd pick.

Haha, I'm out.

Enjoy fellas.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

 

Haha, I'm out.

Enjoy fellas.

Ok course you’re out, because you can’t answer the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While people are tossing away Petracca it might be worth mentioning that since his form turnaround starting in round 8 this season, Petracca has managed:

16 goals (1.5), 22 tackles (2.0), 42 inside 50s (3.8), and 27 clearances (2.5), with a tick over 20 disposals a game.

When it comes to that kind of combination of goalkicking as well as effective involvement in general play, you are talking about a very short list.

Jordan De Goey, Michael Walters, Toby Green, Robbie Gray, Gary Ablett Jr, Isaac Heeney, and Christian Petracca.

Petracca is right in that mix of priceless players and we'd be mad to trade him just as he's getting it together.

 

Also...

Tom McDonald's 2018 season as a forward was better than any season of Ben Brown's.

Just saying. Maybe persevere with that rather than go for the panic-buy of a disgraceful stager.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

While people are tossing away Petracca it might be worth mentioning that since his form turnaround starting in round 8 this season, Petracca has managed:

16 goals (1.5), 22 tackles (2.0), 42 inside 50s (3.8), and 27 clearances (2.5), with a tick over 20 disposals a game.

When it comes to that kind of combination of goalkicking as well as effective involvement in general play, you are talking about a very short list.

Jordan De Goey, Michael Walters, Toby Green, Robbie Gray, Gary Ablett Jr, Isaac Heeney, and Christian Petracca.

Petracca is right in that mix of priceless players and we'd be mad to trade him just as he's getting it together.

 

Also...

Tom McDonald's 2018 season as a forward was better than any season of Ben Brown's.

Just saying. Maybe persevere with that rather than go for the panic-buy of a disgraceful stager.

Persevere with a structure that’s seen the worst forward line return and conversion rate since stats were recorded and a ladder position of 17th? Great idea LG. Rest of the comp will be shuddering with fear.

And your statement about TMac’s 2018 being better than anything Ben Brown has produced is factually incorrect. TMac kicked 53 goals in 2018. Brown has kicked 60+ ... TWICE!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petracca has done remarkably well this year considering how poorly we have played as a team. He will continue to get better in the next couple of years. We all know he can be frustrating at times, but trading him would be sheer madness

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Interesting trade suggestion BA. I floated same some months ago but the ‘Trade Petracca’ thread I started was shut down by the mods. Deemed too radical at the time. Funny how a Trade Brayshaw thread was allowed soon thereafter but there you go. But that’s another story.

Now the facts are we sit 17th on the ladder with a patently dysfunctional (politest word I can come up with) forward line with a dearth of genuine targets to kick to and straighten us up. Something’s got to give.

If Petracca could be floated out there in aid of us landing say a Ben Brown I would look at it. I would look at it very closely. Especially if it meant we could use next year’s first round pick in trade and hold on to this year’s pick 2.

We’ve got to get creative and bold this off season. Forget finals if we try and play a safe hand. Can’t roll with Weideman and TMac again. No way Josè.

And yet TMac and Weed were instrumental in us winning 2 finals last year. I think I will roll with it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bobby1554 said:

And yet TMac and Weed were instrumental in us winning 2 finals last year. I think I will roll with it

I like your posts and ideas by the way

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Petracca has done remarkably well this year considering how poorly we have played as a team. He will continue to get better in the next couple of years. We all know he can be frustrating at times, but trading him would be sheer madness

Interesting. Just two weeks ago your post in the Trade Brayshaw thread on the subject of MFC trades. :laugh:

On 6/18/2019 at 7:17 PM, Moonshadow said:

Gus no.

Trac yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Context.

Trading him to get Brown would be sheer madness is what I meant. That's what this thread has been discussing. 

Only Oliver and Gawn are absolutely untradable.

We are better with a fit Trac in the side.

Brown at the Dees would struggle more than Tmac or Weid have this year. A predominantly lead up forward in a team that only knows how to long bomb. Recipe for disaster.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

How about all of us agree to get back to just playing the ball not the man hey?

Hard to do so when Range Rover refuses

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Didn't @Demonland give you a month for baiting recently?

It was a pretty sweet month wasn’t it?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A first round pick and Petracca for Brown. Wow. 

Brown is a FA next season, why would you give up next seasons first round pick (or this years for that matter) plus Petracca for him? Ludicrous. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DubDee said:

It was a pretty sweet month wasn’t it?

DL was much more enjoyable for that month indeed. Now most threads become hijacked with dribble. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown barely touched it so far. 

First contest he threw his body forward looking for a free kick. Typical soft play for him

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Looking at the likely clubs to have pick 3...

Carlton really don't need a KPF, although Adelaide have their pick. They might be an option.

Sydney if Buddy stands up with Reid probably unlikely to trade pick 3

...and I can't see North trading for their own player.

Not sure why we're discussing other clubs trades, this thread is probably better on Bigfooty...

Edited by rjay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Interesting trade suggestion BA. I floated same some months ago but the ‘Trade Petracca’ thread I started was shut down by the mods. Deemed too radical at the time. Funny how a Trade Brayshaw thread was allowed soon thereafter but there you go. But that’s another story.

 

Can I confirm this is actually what happened ? Because if so it’s like seeing what Ricky Gervais was saying in his Sam Harris interview come to life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Can I confirm this is actually what happened ? Because if so it’s like seeing what Ricky Gervais was saying in his Sam Harris interview come to life

Confirmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Confirmed. 

So a thread was shut down because someone didn’t like what you were saying ? ( this assumes an absence of baiting or any other forum Rule breaking ).

 

am I missing something ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superunknown said:

So a thread was shut down because someone didn’t like what you were saying ? ( this assumes an absence of baiting or any other forum Rule breaking ).

 

am I missing something ?  

Correct. Started a Trade Petracca thread but was called a “troll” by the usual suspects and the thread was deleted by mods.

One of those stalkers - @Moonshadow - has actually supported Petracca being traded in a subsequent thread.

Welcome to Demonland. Aka North Korea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...