Road to the finals (the last 12 games)

What

5 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

I think we had a similar run to this last year.   We lost to the Saints, just lost to WC and then beat Hawks and Port.  I remember Roos they really put a lot of planning into the 4 week bloke and I can see them doing the same with this block of games.  

I think we can win 3 out of the 4

Yup, player management will be the key for that stretch.

Luckily we have depth now and should be able to withstand it. And having Hogan, Gawn and Spencer all back will help big time. 

Particularly the two ruckmen freeing up Watts and Pedders to play roles they are more dangerous in, that are a lot less taxing on their bodies.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lucky we got ours out the way already ;)

I'd be happier if you could guarantee that Dr :mellow:

• Like 2

On 5/30/2017 at 1:37 AM, Ron Burgundy said:

The QB game this year is going to be a belter. We simply have to win it, given that we play the Dogs at Etihad the following week and West Coast at Subi the week after that.

Surely we'll get 70,000 plus for it.

If the pies beat Freo this week, a win againt us and they will go above us on the ladder a probably into the 8

Edited by Grimes Times

On 5/28/2017 at 9:03 AM, bingers said:

UNSW is in Sydney. (My thirdborn studies there.) UNSW Oval is in Canberra. Figure that out?

UNSW has a campus in Canberra. It is the Defence Force's Academy / Uni for educating of Army/Navy/Air Force officers. It was outsourced to UNSW many years ago. In the past the Giants have had at least 1 game per year in Canberra where they provide promo tickets for the Defence Force (I believe this was initiated by Kevin Sheedy).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Champion Data assesses each club's chances of finals at the mid point of the season.

f0XbV1r.jpg

Port 95%....   thats insane.  If they lose on Saturday (Bombers could roll them at Etihad)  and they'd be 6-5.

Dogs at 92% is also too high.

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Port 95%....   thats insane.  If they lose on Saturday (Bombers could roll them at Etihad)  and they'd be 6-5.

Dogs at 92% is also too high.

It C-D.... it's stats. 

Some folk love this brand of koolaid.

Not my taste :unsure:

We've been in all games - lost due to injury(ies), 20 minutes lapses, and never ever been out of the game from the 3rd quarter. Ideally, we wouldn't have lost to Geelong, Richmond, Freo, Hawthorn and even North (all winnable games). We could be 10 and zip actually.  I genuinely see us a smokies heading into the finals. And if it aint 2017 - gee the next few years look like a flaming log fire on a cold winters night.

• Like 1

Geez Dogs,Saints,'n Port ( maybe Hawks,'n Freo ) remind me of us.

Get ya hot pies early and the banquet awaits !

FWIW (very little) did a ladder predictor and had our season pan out as follows

Elimination Final Vs Richmond MCG - Win

Semi Final Vs Geelong MCG - Win

Preliminary Final Vs Adelaide AO - Win

Grand Final Vs GWS - Win

Simple :roos:

• Like 6

On 2017-05-28 at 6:59 AM, Petraccattack said:

Wishfully 

Round 12 vs Collingwood (MCG)- win

Round 13 vs Western Bulldogs (Etihad)- win

Round 14 vs West Coast (Domain Stadium - Perth)- win 

Round 15 vs Sydney (MCG)- lose

Round 16 vs Carlton (MCG)- lose

Round 17 vs Adelaide (TIO - Darwin)- win

Round 18 vs Port Adelaide (MCG)- lose

Round 19 vs North Melbourne (Hobart)- lose

Round 20 vs GWS (UNSW - Sydney)- win

Round 21 vs St.Kilda (MCG)- win

Round 22 vs Brisbane (MCG)-win

Round 23 vs Collingwood (MCG)- win

13 wins for the year - 12 may do it . 

On 2017-05-28 at 6:59 AM, Petraccattack said:

Might as well lock this thread, this is another development year we won't be playing finals, and it pisses me off to say it but it is what it is, we are simply just not good enough and mentally weak. I'm sure I will get shot down but don't care, I hope gawn and hogan can make some sort of difference but those 2 can't fix what's going on upstairs 

The Doggies game is season defining for both clubs. They have been horrid in stretches, and start to lose ground on the top 4 with a loss. 

We have been jekyl and hyde all season long, and have challenging run home.

Going to be a cracker next week!

Close the thrrad and just look at the Doggies game. We are building but no where not far enough down thr track yet to be looking to far ahead

nah ..this is an interesting thread

Dogs have won one of their last four. Next week is the kind of game we need to win if we are to be counted as real improvers.

It's at Docklands under the roof (luckily as they predict winds and hail next Sunday) so our skills , when we show them should be well demonstrated.

Hopefully not too much soreness or injuries out of the Pies game.

Edited by Diamond_Jim