• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 9

Demonland

16 hours ago, deebug said:

I was listing to SEN this after noon and just caught the conversation of some on the station saying how did Melbourne beat the Crows? It made me:mad:

It's a legitimate question.

How do you win one of the toughest assignments in football, then come home with a full week's break, on your home turf, against a team that hasn't played at the MCG in a year, and lose?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Tough isnt in histrionics

Dino

Bernie was tasked with a role. He did this . In carrying out said role he got whacked. He was called from the field. He was distinctly ' inconvenienced' at the time. Spoke with the box. Went back out and continued his task.

That is all.

Are you suggesting he has a mental problem, or a penchant for the theatre ?

Bernie was fine. Coach f'd up imho by assigning him the wrong player...should have been wearing that Cun....ton  of a roo all day.

Would have loved to see Bernie do a Dangerfield on him.

But hey....that Vince...one soft mashmellow eh.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, praha said:

It's a legitimate question.

How do you win one of the toughest assignments in football, then come home with a full week's break, on your home turf, against a team that hasn't played at the MCG in a year, and lose?

We are a young side, and still learning a new game plan (as well as to trust it).  Seems we have patches where we drop off 5-10%, and it really hurts us.  Seems we have brain fades and try to take on too much (kicking it straight to the opposition over and over, rather than seeing what the hell is going on ahead), and some players still go missing.  We match up well against some teams, and less well against others.  Our backline is not elite, and we rely on controlling the defence from the midfield forward - our backs get caught out against big bodied leading forwards all day.  We did Adelaide for Jesse, and couldn't bring that effort again the week after.

We are also a young team that were bullied by Brad Scott's less-than-legal tactics, and completely sold up the river by the umpires in what was the worst performance I have seen in years.

We are significantly better than last year, and significantly better to watch (so much more competitive when we are on).  I think there is massive upside, and we are going to be at the better end of mid-table this year.  We have some big holes to fill in our roster, but we have some emerging talent that will be the basis of something special in years to come.  Adelaide shows what is possible.  Norf shows what reality is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Whoever was on Mason Wood put in a poor performance.

am thinking that was No. 8    ,,,:unsure:

5 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

We are a young side, and still learning a new game plan (as well as to trust it).  Seems we have patches where we drop off 5-10%, and it really hurts us.  Seems we have brain fades and try to take on too much (kicking it straight to the opposition over and over, rather than seeing what the hell is going on ahead), and some players still go missing.  We match up well against some teams, and less well against others.  Our backline is not elite, and we rely on controlling the defence from the midfield forward - our backs get caught out against big bodied leading forwards all day.  We did Adelaide for Jesse, and couldn't bring that effort again the week after.

We are also a young team that were bullied by Brad Scott's less-than-legal tactics, and completely sold up the river by the umpires in what was the worst performance I have seen in years.

We are significantly better than last year, and significantly better to watch (so much more competitive when we are on).  I think there is massive upside, and we are going to be at the better end of mid-table this year.  We have some big holes to fill in our roster, but we have some emerging talent that will be the basis of something special in years to come.  Adelaide shows what is possible.  Norf shows what reality is.

Interesting, I too also thought they were definitely trying to bully us in the 1st quarter, yet when we decided we weren't putting up with it in the 2nd and returned fire the tables turned. After that the game seemed to turn on one of the most inadequate umpiring performances I've seen for many years

• Like 3

A few stats to ponder over:

We've won the 4th most quarters of any side.

We have the lowest average losing margin in the league and the 6th highest average winning margin.

We're 5th for points scored, behind only Adelaide, Geelong, GWS and Port Adelaide. We're 9th for points against, in front of Adelaide, St Kilda, Geelong and Essendon. 5th-highest percentage in the league, as a result.

We've used 33 players so far, equal-third (behind Sydney on 35 and Richmond 34, equal with Hawthorn and Essendon).

We have the second-highest average disposals per game and the third-highest average tackles per game. Second-highest contested possession count per game.

Equal-fourth in average clearances, third in average centre clearances, but 18th in hit-outs per game.

Third-highest goal-kicking accuracy (55.3%). 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, dino rover said:

The acting I refer to is his collapsing seeking free kicks / 50m penalties etc. I thought the wrestling was on such was the pantomime. 

A hard attack on the ball and tackle a more worthy response to the oliver hit

No problem with him defending oliver

As for spewing as a result of a gut punch - harden up FFS!

Ha! id love to have a crack smacking you in the guts. You'd be on your ass quicker then flying bullet.

Typical old school grump.

Edited by dazzledavey36

9 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

A few stats to ponder over:

Sorry, i have to stop here.

This is where footy goes wrong. A reliance on stats.....for anything.

The numbers that have true meaning.

5L 4W

11th

Everything else is noise.

The league leaders will have their own numbers/stats im sure but again  the relevant info is

7W 2L

1st

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Ha! id love to have a crack smacking you in the guts. You'd be on your ass quicker then flying bullet.

Typical old school grump.

A little chap like you!

I dont think so.

5 hours ago, Akum said:

You list one of your interests as "hypocrisy".

You're clearly a master practitioner.

Thats just personal abuse

Play the issue not the man

The alternative is cowardly

I'm sure it's been said but I thought Hannan's game was a huge positive against the Roos.

A poster predicted that the Roos game could be a breakout game for Hannan, which eventuated. 

10 points to that poster.

I really like Hannan, has a great blend of attributes and was the game he needed for a confidence boost and knowing he can now play at the level.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I'm sure it's been said but I thought Hannan's game was a huge positive against the Roos.

A poster predicted that the Roos game could be a breakout game for Hannan, which eventuated. 

10 points to that poster.

I really like Hannan, has a great blend of attributes and was the game he needed for a confidence boost and knowing he can now play at the level.

I believe that was Red.

On 2017-5-24 at 9:19 AM, buck_nekkid said:

Just to add to your analysis buck which i think is quiet good.

Apart from Garlett (whos having a teriffic year) it's my opinion our front 6 is our weakest link due to injuries and inexperience.

Funnily enough we are still scoring quiet well. Which is a credit to the boys

Our press/pressure game style seems to work a lot better on the narrower grounds at the moment as well.

But overall even if we aren't getting good results like you i see real positives from such a young group.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 7:52 AM, beelzebub said:

Sorry, i have to stop here.

This is where footy goes wrong. A reliance on stats.....for anything.

The numbers that have true meaning.

5L 4W

11th

Everything else is noise.

The league leaders will have their own numbers/stats im sure but again  the relevant info is

7W 2L

1st

Nope, not noise, facts. 

Stats are facts.

Doesn't detract from the fact we're 4-5, which is the most important stat of them all, but the stats I posted above are facts.

There are various conclusions to be drawn or arguments to be made about what, if anything, they mean, but they are the facts which sit behind the 4-5.