Training - Friday 10th February, 2017 at Olympic Park

Drunkn167

1 hour ago, Drunkn167 said:

OPEN TRAINING

Pretty excited about this. I'm off work all week this week so this will be the first open session I will be able to actually attend. Should be a big one.

Cant take a trick with training this year, haven't made one session. I had organized to have Friday off in anticipation of a morning session but I have to be on a plane to Brisbane by 4.30!! So I miss again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Cant take a trick with training this year, haven't made one session. I had organized to have Friday off in anticipation of a morning session but I have to be on a plane to Brisbane by 4.30!! So I miss again.

yeah..I too had an idea about the morning...but unable to make the arvo....oh well  :unsure:

Watch for O.mcd  T.mcd and Frosty. All were super competitive and strong in marking and spoiling contests in Maroochydore.

Frosty 2nd effort work was great.

BUT THEIR DISPOSAL IS STILL POOR. NOT AFL STANDARD. Need Salem, Hibberd, Vince, Wagner etc across the back half to transition the footy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Training on their rock hard oval. It's a trap. I hope we don't show.

Yes....i smell a 'filthy' rat :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Training on their rock hard oval. It's a trap. I hope we don't show.

????...the oval is in excellent nick, better than Gosch's I had a look the other day, Goschs has been cutting up badly, Macca and a couple of others have been doing divot replacement after training

Edited by Satyriconhome

37 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

????...the oval is in excellent nick, better than Gosch's I had a look the other day, Goschs has been cutting up badly, Macca and a couple of others have been doing divot replacement after training

Gosch's is nice and soft. The Pies oval is hard. Hard grounds are ACL risks.

1 minute ago, binman said:

It says training but is this in fact the intra club practice match?

Makes sense. Bugger. Look fwd to reports

4 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Yep, can confirm. 

Great. I'm there. I have put an appointment in my work calender. Great ground to watch footy actually though not down at fence level as there is a fair old rise in the centre of the ground

28 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Yep, can confirm. 

Interesting, I've heard otherwise from a source who spoke directly to Goody up at Maroochydore.

Apparently it'll be more of a match simulation with some rotating groups rather than a pure four quarter intra-club. Source said Goody isn't a huge fan of intra clubs.

Makes sense given it's being advertised as a 'training day'.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Yep, can confirm. 

Know any details? It wouldn't surprise me if they just did a 4 quarter training session like the on in QLD ramping up from smaller group match simulation in to a full team scratch match depending for the 2nd half. 

With 3 practice games I'm not sure teams need full intraclubs these days. I'd be doing it for the fitness benefits of stepping up from training to games but not as some kind of amazing development exercise.

5 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Interesting, I've heard otherwise from a source who spoke directly to Goody up at Maroochydore.

Apparently it'll be more of a match simulation with some rotating groups rather than a pure four quarter intra-club. Source said Goody isn't a huge fan of intra clubs.

Makes sense given it's being advertised as a 'training day'.

Yeah that makes sense, but this late in the pre-season there isn't much difference between match sim and an intra club game anyway. 

But whatever it is, it'll still be a great session to watch.

9 hours ago, Drunkn167 said:

Yeah that makes sense, but this late in the pre-season there isn't much difference between match sim and an intra club game anyway. 

But whatever it is, it'll still be a great session to watch.

You're forgiven for your flippancy due to your late arrival on Demonland. But you have to understand in the dim dark days of just a few years ago the intra club was considered a highlight because it was the one game of the year where we could claim a victory...or, at least, not suffer an enormous loss.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

they've just finished installing all the new cctv monitors and microphones. no need to charge, competitive info is more valuable

Daisy, I'm a bit old fashioned with some acronyms.  Does CCTV have something to do with Collingwood Television?  If so, I just can't get my head around what the 2nd "C" stands for.  Can you help me out? :ph34r: