FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Wow what an exciting day! We still havnt made any trades.

So how's Hibberd looking? Hopefully we get some progress on that soon.

I would have thought today would have been a nice slap in the face for you, you have been critical of the lack of movement during trade week and Lewis had agreed to a deal without you even knowing a thing about it, surely that should make you think the club has this covered and appreciate the fact that we don't leak is a really positive sign

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abe said:

I would have thought today would have been a nice slap in the face for you, you have been critical of the lack of movement during trade week and Lewis had agreed to a deal without you even knowing a thing about it, surely that should make you think the club has this covered and appreciate the fact that we don't leak is a really positive sign

Get a monkey.  Now give it two bottles of vodka and wait for him to drink it.  Now discuss football.

This is the equivalent of olisik

Edited by Stretch Johnson
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, faultydet said:

That's what I'm thinking also.

What an absolute joke. 

The fact that he stayed after a meeting with the Hawks would suggest that he got what he wanted. 

Very poor behaviour. 

Just now, DemonOX said:

What an absolute joke. 

The fact that he stayed after a meeting with the Hawks would suggest that he got what he wanted. 

Very poor behaviour. 

You know everything that happened, do you?  You are supremely quick to judge without knowing all the facts.

1 minute ago, DemonOX said:

What an absolute joke. 

Very poor behaviour. 

are you agreeing, or disagreeing with my post?

Just now, Wiseblood said:

You know everything that happened, do you?  You are supremely quick to judge without knowing all the facts.

Agreed, this is all based on sources, who knows what could happen 

Just now, HulkHogan said:

Agreed, this is all based on sources, who knows what could happen 

It's not so much what could happen, but what has happened.  In the space of a few hours there was all sorts of info being thrown around - nobody knows what was said in the meeting, what sort of deal we had on the table, how committed Lewis was or why he decided to eventually stay at the club he's been at all of his career.

To suggest he 'used' us and it was 'poor form' without knowing any of this is just plain silly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

It's not so much what could happen, but what has happened.  In the space of a few hours there was all sorts of info being thrown around - nobody knows what was said in the meeting, what sort of deal we had on the table, how committed Lewis was or why he decided to eventually stay at the club he's been at all of his career.

To suggest he 'used' us and it was 'poor form' without knowing any of this is just plain silly.

Is there any chance of it still happening?

Just now, HulkHogan said:

Is there any chance of it still happening?

No idea to be honest.  I think we'll know more tomorrow.

Just now, Clintosaurus said:

Was it a club statement from Hawthorn or Lewis himself? I wouldn't be writing it off by any stretch.

It was from Hawthorn, not from Lewis.

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Yup, it's gone from Lewis approaching Melbourne, actively seeking us out, having multiple chats with club officials, getting to the point of negotiating a suitable deal and then backflipping which to me suggests he might well want to come but the Hawks won't budge. 

P.S i reckon the Whisperer dude off Twitter is Grant Thomas trying to become relevant again. 

Edited by Abe

6 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I said in my earlier post if it happened this way Wise. I don't recall saying i new everything that happened. 

Edited by DemonOX

3 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

You all doubted equalisation, it's working. 

Hawks bring in some young guns, and sprinkle their premiership pensioners around the league...

On a serious note, I hope it's true. Too much is up to Viney and Jones. Tyson is inconsistent. Adding Lewis shares the load and allows the kids more time to develop properly rather than be relied upon too early. 

I doubt it'll happen, but it'll be nice if it does. 

Gee Tyson gets a bad wrap around these parts. As if Viney isn't just as inconsistent if not more so than Dom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

It was from Hawthorn, not from Lewis.

So basically some PR to quieten the masses. Replacing Mitchell and Lewis with Mitchell and O'Meara will have most Hawks fan relatively happy. By Round 1 next year they will have gotten over it.

2 minutes ago, A F said:

Gee Tyson gets a bad wrap around these parts. As if Viney isn't just as inconsistent if not more so than Dom.

Viney has won a Bluey already and missed out on another one by 1 point. At 22. That's 2 pretty consistent seasons if you ask me. 

Tyson takes half a season to find form. 

7 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Viney has won a Bluey already and missed out on another one by 1 point. At 22. That's 2 pretty consistent seasons if you ask me. 

They're two completely different players though. One extracts with a classy poise, another rams through the opposition full throttle. They compliment each other well. Tyson almost redeemed his 2014 year this year but would need another superb year to solidify his place in the team long long term. Let's face it though, Viney has the tough game style and name that will never ever see him going anywhere.

Edited by DominatrixTyson

14 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

The first part of Viney's season was terrific and then he faded badly when other teams worked him out and he picked up a few injuries.

Tyson started slowly and by the end of the year was our best player behind Gawn IMO. 

Neither player strung together a consistent season, but I'd argue Tyson was more consistent.