FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

38 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I'm far from convinced Rockliff will become a Dee, but I also see no point publicly calling a poster a liar when I simply don't know their intentions.

So I'll assume they believe what they say, but I also won't be invested in the information.

Naturally, others can please themselves.

But you do have reason to doubt it whether you want to call him or not.  If you know him to be wrong then you know his intentions.

But as you say, each to their own.

Hearing reasonably strong word around the traps that Jack Grimes is attracting the interest of Richmond, Brisbane, Essendon and Carlton as a delisted free agent. 

really hope he gets another opportunity at AFL level, top bloke and gives it his all

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, Abe said:

Hearing reasonably strong word around the traps that Jack Grimes is attracting the interest of Richmond, Brisbane, Essendon and Carlton as a delisted free agent. 

really hope he gets another opportunity at AFL level, top bloke and gives it his all

Will know in 1.5 hours.

Edited by Redleg

6 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Will know in 1.5 hours.

4 minutes ago, Deecisive said:

isnt there a couple more delisted free agent trading periods?

Tuesday November 1 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins

Tuesday November 8 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes

Thursday November 10 -  NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Friday November 18 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Saturday November 26 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) begins

Sunday November 27, 2pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) closes

Monday November 30, 2pm - Final AFL club list lodgement

Correct, these are the dates still applicable to Grimes 

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

as I suspect he is !! :unsure:

More to this than meets the eye. Ever since we expressed interest last year was watching him appear a little uninterested in 2016. He could have received the same instruction as O'meara.....

44 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

But you do have reason to doubt it whether you want to call him or not.  If you know him to be wrong then you know his intentions.

But as you say, each to their own.

The only comment I recall being made was that he "talks too much".

That in itself wouldn't necessarily preclude interest from the MFC.  

• Like 1

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Sylvia Saint said:

I swear that gets said every year.

It does, but this draft has been consistently talked down for a few years now. Why do you think clubs are trading early picks so readily? No real standouts at the top end. When we traded away our first round pick last year it was considered a brilliant move because this draft is seen as significantly weaker.

Meanwhile the same media experts have been talking up the top end quality of next year's group. Every club should be angling to get extra first round picks for that one. Giving ours up as steak knives in a player exchange is idiocy.

2 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

It does, but this draft has been consistently talked down for a few years now. Why do you think clubs are trading early picks so readily? No real standouts at the top end. When we traded away our first round pick last year it was considered a brilliant move because this draft is seen as significantly weaker.

Meanwhile the same media experts have been talking up the top end quality of next year's group. Every club should be angling to get extra first round picks for that one. Giving ours up as steak knives in a player exchange is idiocy.

.....but we are a destination Club now!!

Just now, HulkHogan said:

What's this guys reputation when it comes to rumours?

Haha mate i was just joking around i doubt he has any credibility just another trade time facebook page.. more than likely got his info from here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GCDee said:

Haha mate i was just joking around i doubt he has any credibility just another trade time facebook page.. more than likely got his info from here. 

Hahaha anything I see I need confirmation of... 

Dunno what and what not to believe in this trade period 

1 minute ago, HulkHogan said:

Hahaha anything I see I need confirmation of... 

Dunno what and what not to believe in this trade period 

Yeah I know... but I love the fact there is chatter about our club even if none of it comes about it still has been an entertaining 2 weeks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

Tuesday November 1 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins

Tuesday November 8 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes

Thursday November 10 -  NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Friday November 18 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Saturday November 26 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) begins

Sunday November 27, 2pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) closes

Monday November 30, 2pm - Final AFL club list lodgement

Correct, these are the dates still applicable to Grimes 

Whoops!

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

The only comment I recall being made was that he "talks too much".

That in itself wouldn't necessarily preclude interest from the MFC.  

Fair enough.  If we were into Rockliff then given the environment that would have been an appropriate response if we were trying to keep it very quiet.

Like you I'd love him at the Club.

I'm getting burnt to a crisp in Bali on my honeymoon and couldn't thank you enough to all the posters contributing to this thread with rumours, whispers, possible trade deals and draft pick possibilities - no matter what happens I've loved the entertainment and the hope that this period brings.

The last few years I've felt desperate during this period for news of a star joining us but it's always felt a bit far fetched with where our team was at.

But we now have a solid core group of professional and talented players that are set on a journey towards some form of growth and success that I can believe in the possibility of A grade players joining us to make the team even better.

Cant wait to see what the next few days brings. I remember when there was a heap of speculation about the possibility of Paul Roos joining us and to me it just felt right. All the talk of Dangerfield / Parker / Treloar / Kennedy / Shuey over the past few years never felt real enough to me but this time around - with Lewis, Rocky and Hibberd - it feels like a real possibility and hope the Dees can pull it off. 

In Taylor / Mahoney / Goodwin we trust!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Eyes on Red & Blue said:

I'm getting burnt to a crisp in Bali on my honeymoon and couldn't thank you enough to all the posters contributing to this thread with rumours, whispers, possible trade deals and draft pick possibilities - no matter what happens I've loved the entertainment and the hope that this period brings.

The last few years I've felt desperate during this period for news of a star joining us but it's always felt a bit far fetched with where our team was at.

But we now have a solid core group of professional and talented players that are set on a journey towards some form of growth and success that I can believe in the possibility of A grade players joining us to make the team even better.

Cant wait to see what the next few days brings. I remember when there was a heap of speculation about the possibility of Paul Roos joining us and to me it just felt right. All the talk of Dangerfield / Parker / Treloar / Kennedy / Shuey over the past few years never felt real enough to me but this time around - with Lewis, Rocky and Hibberd - it feels like a real possibility and hope the Dees can pull it off. 

In Taylor / Mahoney / Goodwin we trust!

Beautifully put...

I have a bad feeling that Rockliff to us would turn out to be Brisbane's revenge for Travis Johnstone and Brent Moloney.

On the Lewis and Hibberd potential trades, I'm quietly pleased and confident it would work out well.

Meanwhile, does Brown leaving Collingwood place a higher priority for them to keep Frost, and in turn boost the possibility of Brisbane wanting Dunn?

Aaargh... I stepped onto the spinning wheel and now I can't get off...

Edited by Little Goffy