FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

2 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

I hope you're right BBB, doubt it though.  For all his flaws he is still a fantastic player and made an AA team from memory.   He would be worth an extra few inside 50s per game for us with his clearance work. Hes also one of the best tacklers in the league.

Would definitely be worth the risk despite his bad attitude...he certainly wouldn't be able to get away with being a big head with Jones and Viney to pull him into line!

Can't have too many good players we'd have one of the best midfields in the league if he came on board

2 hours ago, Bring Back Barassi said:

Rockliff will be a Dee... mark my words

Just flat out won't happen. We have nothing to give, which is a shame: he would be a fantastic pick-up despite people on here seeming to not want any more "inside/grunt" mids. Rockliff is a goal-kicking mid (something we have lacked) and his addition would mean he can play more freely than perhaps what he did at the Lions (which was as their number 1 mid + Captain). With Viney, Tyson, Oliver rising, and Jones still finding himself on the bottom of packs...someone like Rockliff can play a bit more forward (what VandenBerg did this year) and be VERY damaging.

• Like 1

Not to say your source is incorrect BBB, but I just cannot see how Rockliff would happen.

A bit like what i'm about to share: a usually reliable source (informed me of Goodwin before we got him) has told me that we are making a massive play for Tippett. He is exactly the player we need, but again i'm not sure how it would get done given few picks/valuable players to trade that aren't in best 22...not to mention having to take over his contract $$$.

Just thought i'd pass that on. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Red and Blue Flame said:

Not to say your source is incorrect BBB, but I just cannot see how Rockliff would happen.

A bit like what i'm about to share: a usually reliable source (informed me of Goodwin before we got him) has told me that we are making a massive play for Tippett. He is exactly the player we need, but again i'm not sure how it would get done given few picks/valuable players to trade that aren't in best 22...not to mention having to take over his contract $$$.

Someone always bubbles up with a reliable source on a player mentioned in a demonland thread a few weeks earlier. Tom Mitchell will be a demon was last months 'reliable source' reference

Don't want to get personal, but you have 1160 posts and 75 upvotes? Are you a reliable source?

Edited by DominatrixTyson

1 minute ago, DominatrixTyson said:

Someone always has a reliable source on a player mentioned in a demonland thread a few weeks earlier

Red and Blue Flame does have good sources, he's mentioned things on here a few times that have been correct. 

having said that i don't rate Tippett or have any idea what we'd trade. 

8 minutes ago, Red and Blue Flame said:

Hmmm. Not sure I am too happy to hear that. His best is pretty good but you don't get to see it that often.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DominatrixTyson said:

Someone always bubbles up with a reliable source on a player mentioned in a demonland thread a few weeks earlier. Tom Mitchell will be a demon was last months 'reliable source' reference

Don't want to get personal, but you have 1160 posts and 75 upvotes? Are you a reliable source?

Didn't say it WOULD happen - we made an enquiry, and fell short during the season. Hawthorn offered more and are a very successful club (people forgetting they were a kick away from a Prelim). Mark my words, we are certainly looking to bring in a big fish over the next year or two.

Re Tippett: i don't think it will happen because of $$$ and giving Sydney something reasonable (as stated when i posted 10 mins ago). I'm simply passing on what i've heard. Just because we're interested or we've asked a club doesn't mean we are getting said player.

Some people on here need to calm down, and understand that clubs put together packages/proposals regularly...and that there are 18 clubs in the competition the last I checked

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

I think Rockliff would be a good pickup, But I'd be inclined to trade anything more than Dunn and pick 28

Can't see how we could get Rockliff for Dunn and pick 28. Rockliff's 26, already played 130+ games, is a club captain and an All Australian.

I'd be very happy with getting Rockliff but can't see it happening with the current resources at our disposal. Dare say we not his favourite either after promising to rookie him but then didn't.

Oh god he's started early telling people what is happening.

FMD we all have access to radio and the internet,

Time for me to check out till the trade period is over, I can't handle the constant derailing of threads by the same poster 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, olisik said:

Hawks manage almost 4 deals already (Hill, Mitchell, Mitchell and Vickery) and we are struggling to get Hibberd over the line. FMD 

Just because we don't have the deal done yet doesn't mean we're struggling, might be waiting for other things to play out.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Oh god he's started early telling people what is happening.

FMD we all have access to radio and the internet,

Time for me to check out till the trade period is over, I can't handle the constant derailing of threads by the same poster 

Is this directed at me?

You do realize people were talking about trading for Tippett yeah? Hence I posted that Harley had said today he would not be traded.

But I do appreciate the irony in you being the one person to post off topic while having a rant about off topic posts...

See ya after trade period then.

13 hours ago, stuie said:

You could have picked a more inconspicuous username if you're going to post here while you're banned Dazzle.

So the Hawks lose Hill and maybe Mitchell, bring in Vickery, T.Mitchell and O'Meara and will now go from 3rd to at least 9th for a few years.... Ok then. Noted mate.

Hawks already 6-10 team this year. Got very very lucky in a few close games. Their ladder position flattered them.

• Like 1