• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Finals 2016

Demi Dee

I don't want to jump the shark, but, buoyed by yesterday's performance and with the slimmest of chances, the possibility of playing finals footy is here! 

North Are bobbing in eighth spot like a WA surfer as we circle below. They face three top three teams on the run home! We, on the other hand have Two very winnable games against Port and the Blues, and a finale to test our true worthiness against the cats. 

Believing our cue was back in the rack, an ember has been unearthed. I'd love it to burn wild and clear the road to finals. I read earlier the 87 comparisons and I look forward to watching this unfold. Burn Dee's Burn! 

• Like 1

Don't care about finals this year, I'm just hoping yesterday's monumental win will be the platform we can now launch from.

We're now positioned to finish the year really strongly and hopefully it'll snowball into next year.

We are still so incredibly young so like others, I'm not even sure we'll make finals next year. 

Yesterday definitely put a knock to that though. 

• Like 3

The thing is with Geelong they may rest a few, they wont be too distraught to get us first up in the finals anyway.......which would be at Etihad.

Anyway where theres is a chance, albeit mathematical, im all over it. Beside its great for the club t be still in with a chance.

• Like 1

Let's just focus on beating Port Adelaide in Adelaide first, shall we? Haven't done that 2000.

6 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

The thing is with Geelong they may rest a few, they wont be too distraught to get us first up in the finals anyway.......which would be at Etihad.

Anyway where theres is a chance, albeit mathematical, im all over it. Beside its great for the club t be still in with a chance.

I doubt it. They are likely to have positioning in the top 4 to play for, could be pushing for top 2 and/or avoiding an interstate trip in the first week of the finals.

Plus with the bye after Round 23 I don't think their best players will want to rest that week.

That's not to say I'm writing us off automatically, but I suspect if we are going to win that game we are going to have to beat a full-strength Geelong.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Demi Dee said:

I don't want to jump the shark, but, buoyed by yesterday's performance and with the slimmest of chances, the possibility of playing finals footy is here! 

North Are bobbing in eighth spot like a WA surfer as we circle below. They face three top three teams on the run home! We, on the other hand have Two very winnable games against Port and the Blues, and a finale to test our true worthiness against the cats. 

Believing our cue was back in the rack, an ember has been unearthed. I'd love it to burn wild and clear the road to finals. I read earlier the 87 comparisons and I look forward to watching this unfold. Burn Dee's Burn! 

Agree.

It's back on.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Demi Dee said:

17 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Let's just focus on beating Port Adelaide in Adelaide first, shall we? Haven't done that 2000.

I doubt it. They are likely to have positioning in the top 4 to play for, could be pushing for top 2 and/or avoiding an interstate trip in the first week of the finals.

Plus with the bye after Round 23 I don't think their best players will want to rest that week.

That's not to say I'm writing us off automatically, but I suspect if we are going to win that game we are going to have to beat a full-strength Geelong.

Yes and if Mitch Clarke forces his way back into their side (3 goals in the VFL yesterday) it will make it sweeter still. We also have nothing to lose but even more to gain. Let's go for it!

• Like 1

I'm going to be so conflicted next week barracking for Hawthorn. The more I barrack for the bottom teams of the 8 to have their ass fall out from under them, the more i strengthen the likelihood of the Hawks gaining momentum and 4peating

1 hour ago, bush demon said:

don't forget being last round geelong may rest paddy.

They'll probably need to win and win big to get into the top 4. It will be a ferocious match if we can make the 8, i can't wait.

Any maths people out there know the margins? I used ladder predictor and if they lose their games by 12 and we win ours by 12, we're still down by 2.7.

• Now if the Kangas lose two of their games by 30, then we need to win two of our games by 30 to make the 8.
  • Kangas lose 1 game by 60, then we only need to win one of our games by 30.
  • Kangas lose 1 game by 30, then we need to win 3 games by 30 OR 1 game by 30 and 1 game by 60.
  • Kangas lose all of their games by 30, we only need 1 game by 30
  • Once above criteria fits, hope St Kilda lose 1 game.

By the way, discussing this doesn't automatically mean we're taking Port likely and i would also hope that our coaches and players will be aware of the margins if we're in a position where we're winning any of the next 3 games. I would really hope that if we're beating Geelong, then everyone is aware of how many more points we need to score.

Edited by johndemons

Just did the ladder predictor.

We beat Port by 5 goals

Carlton by 10 goals

Geelong by 2 goals.

AND

St.Kilda lose to Sydney.

AND

North lose :

Hawks by 2 goals

Sydney by 2 goals

GWS by 2 goals.

We make the 8 :roos:

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Just did the ladder predictor.

We beat Port by 5 goals

Carlton by 10 goals

Geelong by 2 goals.

AND

St.Kilda lose to Sydney.

AND

North lose :

Hawks by 2 goals

Sydney by 2 goals

GWS by 2 goals.

We're a shoe-in if we beat Geelong. After that it gets hard though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Hawks by 2 goals

Sydney by 2 goals

GWS by 2 goals.

I think most likely is Sydney and GWS win by 30, and we beat Port & Carl by 30. and Geel 12 and make the 8. Us needing to win any game by 60 is probably not necessary.

Edited by johndemons
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Yes, i forgot about the bye. And it looks like Geelong will want to beat us by a bit to grab that top 4 spot on %. So yes we will have to beat a full strength Geelong, but then again they will be a Geelong under pressure to get that top 4 spot, which may just work in our favour, but yes lets see how we go next week. Adelaide not exactly a happy hunting ground for us.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CBDees said:

We're a shoe-in if we beat Geelong. After that it gets hard though.

Actually we would most likely play them again, after the bye, although at Etihad. :(