Changes vs. West Coast

Wiseblood

43 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Start with both Jones out....go from there

I actually thought that M. Jones played an improved game today. He was far from our worst.

• Like 2

What pizzes me off is that we are now playing the rest of the year for a couple of stray wins - Suns, Blues etc. and we are no guarantee to get any. It sometimes feels like a step backwards. The Saints danced on our sorry arses yet again. I'm so sick of it - AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! There's not enough alcohol in the world to make me feel better. "Fark 'em all, I say!"

44 minutes ago, nichoneitz said:

Agree except J Garlett.

He was quiet today but still kicked two goals in game when you need to kick a winning score and co led us in tackles in a game that we were beaten because we failed to match the intensity. 

O McDonald is young and i can understand why he gets game but he still needs a full season in the twos before he gets games. Grimes really disappointed today and should naturally have leadership, he should of had over 10 tackles if he was serious, White I'm just unsure off. 

I know he is not going to he is his last years but why we dropped Dunny is beyond me, He deserves to feel let down by the club and would be embarased Oscar is getting a game in his place.

We lost today because when the game was on the line EXP in Riewoldt and Montagna stepped up and we had none of that and we failed to match their intensity.

Nathan Jones worst game in 3 years.

Patracca and Vince misses in QTR 2 were huge in hindsight..

Most of all the biggest reason we lose during the year is over use of the ball and fascination with switching the ball in defence which leads to players like the McDonalds needing to execute kicking skills they don't posses even though today their kicking was above average for them..

How many times to we get a mark in the middle and look back and sidewards to dish off before even considering to be attacking and moving the ball on fast into the 50 like the good sides???

Crying out for a CHF that works and marks and links defence to the forwards like Brad Miller did when he played his best footy, DAWES is not he answer but the Pedo is the best we have and he is at least contributes.

Had Vince & Petracca kicked their goals we were still on it. Also Kent ' s running point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

Who goes?

It could be quiet the culling this week.  Any of White, Grimes, Vandenberg and Kennedy could get the flick.  Does Hogan get suspended?

You would think that Stretch, Bugg, Oliver and possibly ANB would all be in line for a call up as well.  Plus Frost will possibly come straight back in after missing with illness. 

Going to be a tough game next week.

But I thought selection didn't make any difference?.....

;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nichoneitz said:

Spencer.

What is he going to provide except a hate thread here this time next week?

Sorry. I forgot to put Hogan as an OUT as well and to bring in another player. I was thinking Spencer plays majority in the ruck and rest Gawn in the forward line in absence of Hogan on the count of him being suspended.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah because that's what I said, replace 22 players...

FMD. Getting idiotic around here.

Getting??

• Like 3

We're simply just carrying players who dont actually contribute a thing to the team. They might intercept a mark or dispose of ball ok but it ends up in a nothing play...

Grimes is one, Oscar (atm), white another. How the hell can u win a game of footy with effectively 3 players down. It stands out clearly, and whether it's these 3 or others, once replaced we'll be playing finals, 

22 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

OUT: White, Kennedy, Grimes

IN: Spencer, Oliver, Stretch, 

I haven't given this much thought yet, but on first reading I think this sounds about right.  All three changes improve our side.  The outs were our three worst players.  Spencer marks at VFL level it seems, I'm not adverse to trying him as a forward/second ruck at AFL level - I love Wattsy but we lose a ruckman *and* a crucial forward when he's in the middle.  It might not work - so be it.  In Oliver we add clearance strength and Stretch I thought was looking really promising as an outside ball user before being dropped.

So many other possibilities though.  Pretty long list of players who were terrible to choose from this week.

Outs: O.mcd (for god sake. 7 poor games in the last 8 weeks), wagner, white, vdhberg, Kennedy, Grimes, M Jones. 

Ins: Oliver  Anb  Stretch  Bugg Dunn Frost Pedersen

Jetta  t.mcd  Dunn

Vince Frost Hunt

Stretch Viney Harmes

Petracca  Pedersen Kent

Garlett Hogan Watts

Gawn Tyson N.Jones

Neal-Bullen Oliver Bugg Brayshaw

emerg Hulett Kennedy Michie