2 million dollar man, Dawes

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

How many people have you kicked off your precious little facebook page for disagreeing with you on the Dawes arguement Stuie?

Il take a shot and say 738373683837..

Amazing that 1 person could continue to  bat for a spud like Dawes who plays the witches hat role quite well.

Nawwwww did you get kicked off? Need a tissue mate?

Actually been paying attention at all? Both here and on the fb page I've said he should be dropped this week. I've also said the hysteria is about him is ridiculous. Bunch of drama queens.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Actually been paying attention at all? Both here and on the fb page I've said he should be dropped this week. I've also said the hysteria is about him is ridiculous. Bunch of drama queens.

Nah never actually joined. Stopped short once i found out you were running the joint. Besides word gets around pretty quick especially with your 'Dictator' reputation... Your a very popular man amongst Melbourne supporters.

And besides i personally don't see the hysteria in it. We are just all calling it as we see it, and that is he is a spud plain and simple.. Do you disagree?

• Like 2

Dawes is NOT the new whipping boy - any poster who thinks Dawes is worthy of being in our best 22 is not watching his games. He was totally inept yesterday and our team was hindered not helped by his presence.

He is obviously done at this level of football, and the club has to cut its losses and bring in a young bloke or bring back Pedo.

Lets face up to the truth, Dawes was a financial loss to the club.

Good luck to him outside of football.

• Like 3

I thought he was ok in his first game back this season, and I thought he might work into some decent form for the rest of the year, but he has only gone backwards since. He was diabolical yesterday.

Finals are out of the question, Dawes is struggling, while Hulett and Weidemann are performing well in the reserves. I can't see anything to lose from giving them both a handful of games each for the rest of year. And if they aren't deemed ready, then get Pedo back in there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Nah never actually joined. Stopped short once i found out you were running the joint. Besides word gets around pretty quick especially with your 'Dictator' reputation... Your a very popular man amongst Melbourne supporters.

And besides i personally don't see the hysteria in it. We are just all calling it as we see it, and that is he is a spud plain and simple.. Do you disagree?

Hmmmm yet somehow you claim to know what gets posted in there by me....? Weird...

He's clearly not a spud. He wouldn't have had a key role in a premiership team and still be playing at age 28 if he was. He's never been a gun player, don't know why some were think he was or should be. He's there to play a role while we wait for better options to come through. Simple as that. Not worth all this dramatic discussion over.

42 minutes ago, stuie said:
5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Simple as that. Not worth all this dramatic discussion over.

Yet here you still are. To be fair I think your number of posts has now exceeded any negative ones I have made about dawes. I could say thats ironic but I accept its simply a case of you having a right of opinion. There is no hysteria here perhaps you are projecting.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

Hmmmm yet somehow you claim to know what gets posted in there by me....? Weird...

He's clearly not a spud. He wouldn't have had a key role in a premiership team and still be playing at age 28 if he was. He's never been a gun player, don't know why some were think he was or should be. He's there to play a role while we wait for better options to come through. Simple as that. Not worth all this dramatic discussion over.

Hes a spud.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

Yes, here I am, in the new thread you started because you're 97 posts about him since yesterday in other threads obviously weren't getting enough attention...

58 minutes ago, Biffen said:

You've got a really good eye for football talent Stuie as your Dawes love shows.

There is no disgrace in admitting you are completely wrong and have terrible judgement.

Not as much as the love for Brent Maloney or Jordan Gysberts back in the day biff.

This guy should not play another game this year.

Absolute disaster trade by Neeld. Guy is an out and out DUD.

Can't mark, can't kick, no skills below his knees. Yet he's on 500k a year.

Staggering. I don't care whatever "structure" he brings, bloke should not play again this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

What?

Why the need to start an entire thread with the sole purpose of hanging [censored] on a player? It's mind numbing.

Talk about this in the post-match, or the contracts thread, or any of the other threads that exist to talk about what might happen to players post-season.

But it's not great to push this barrow that you've already done to death on the post-match thread, knowing that it will generate lots of bandwagon vitriol from the rest of the forum.

Edited by Undeeterred
typos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yes, here I am, in the new thread you started because you're 97 posts about him since yesterday in other threads obviously weren't getting enough attention...

I guess you answered my question about being slow. Ps it was rhetorical.

4 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I guess you answered my question about being slow. Ps it was rhetorical.

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Give it rest. For the third time don't read this forum. Are you slow?

You mean this one? Yeah, irony.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Can't figure out if you are saying that feminine traits are something to be mocked, or if you are insinuating the poster is homosexual, but either way it's not a good look for our resident SJW.

Oh hang on that was last weeks cause. This week the Dawes cause is on the 'self righteous anger' agenda. Sorry bud, I didn't read the memo.

*awaits childish gif*

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, stuie said:

What role do you think he is playing? The discussion is not dramatic, people who go and watch our club play expect senior guys to do the job at this level.  Dawes was shocking and looked like the game has passed him by.  Nothing dramatic about telling how it is.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Soidee said:

What role do you think he is playing? The discussion is not dramatic, people who go and watch our club play expect senior guys to do the job at this level.  Dawes was shocking and looked like the game has passed him by.  Nothing dramatic about telling how it is.

Half forward.

Yep, had a shocker might be dropped.

Pedo has had pneumonia, Weed isn't ready, Spencer can't kick, Mitch King is out for the year, Max King is nowhere near it, Hulett has a low fitness base after an interrupted 2015.

People are just going around in circles. How many times do they want to say "AHHHHH his salary" "AHHHHH his marking".... blah blah, it's been done to death, nothing can change right now. It's just post after post of seemingly cathartic release for the same posters, with no actual discussion, just the same repeated complaints.

• Like 1

I like Dawes but I think the body is letting him down.

No matter how well you think through the game if your hands and legs don't work then you can't play at the highest level.

Maybe he will make a hard call soon...would not surprise me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Half forward.

Yep, had a shocker might be dropped.

Pedo has had pneumonia, Weed isn't ready, Spencer can't kick, Mitch King is out for the year, Max King is nowhere near it, Hulett has a low fitness base after an interrupted 2015.

People are just going around in circles. How many times do they want to say "AHHHHH his salary" "AHHHHH his marking".... blah blah, it's been done to death, nothing can change right now. It's just post after post of seemingly cathartic release for the same posters, with no actual discussion, just the same repeated complaints.

Just like this post really...

• Like 2

Should never play for the MFC again.We are playing one short when Dawes is selected.Anyone on the list could play his role. His refusal to ruck is staggering. Even on a base salary contract next season it would be a disaster. Don't worry about a trade,just delist.Not that anyone would want him.Club needs to make a statement and leave him at Casey.Should nominate a worthy charity and donate a fair chunk of his inflated contract.Disgrace. 

• Like 1